Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Dark Of The Forest

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Dark Of The Forest Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:05 pm

The large silver Shinlai tramped through the words, making no effort to be quite at all, which was uncommon for him. He seemed to be more interested in trying to see the sky though the trees and strange smells, rather than where he was heading. He had actually walked the same rout many times and knew it well by now, he was heading in the direction of Velocifiero. He paused in staring around and glanced behind him.

“You keeping up kid?” He asked Icarus, the dark coloured Shinlai, a wide grin spreading across his face.

He had taken a shine to the kid after he had attempted to ram Marrinus off of him. He had failed, with no thanks to Rhan, and even then, Marrinus hadn’t been attacking him. He’d been trying to stop Lycu from mauling a light Shinlai called Phlo. Since then he had taken the kid under his wing, towing him along to any training fights, and bullying lesser ranked dark Shinlai into teaching Icarus tricks with his element.

Needless to say, he was quite fond of the kid now.

“Come on shorty.” He urged, breaking out into a long legged lope, letting his element swirl along and kick up the fallen leaves.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Icarus' bright blue eyes followed the dancing leaves. They were beautiful colors, leaves of gold, orange, and red. A slight smile lifted the corners of his mouth. Every year he marveled at the season of Fall. It was like looking at a painting.

“You keeping up kid?”

Icarus looked forward, noticing with a start Lycu had pulled far ahead of him. He picked up his slow canter to a much quicker bound, coming up on Lycu's flank. "Right here, Lycu." He said. His voice quavered less with direct statements. It hadn't taken Icarus long to grow to like Lycu. Although, needless to say, they could get quite riled up around each other- as neither was particularly mentally stabled.

“Come on shorty.”

"I'm not short!" I'm less than half your age and not e-ven two feet short of you!"

Lycu pulled ahead of him and Icarus snorted, tossing his horns. He ran faster, shoulder to shoulder with Lycu. "I'm still faster than you!" He grinned and pulled forward, leaving Lycu in his dust.
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:28 pm

"I'm not short! I'm less than half your age and not e-ven two feet short of you!" He objected, running alongside Lycu. "I'm still faster than you!" Icarus said with a grin and took off faster.

Lycu rolled his eyes, and ran after him, snapping briefly at Icarus’s short fluffy tail. “Whatever kid.” He said drawing alongside him, ducking his head and giving his shoulder a shove, before taking off again, using air to propel himself further. He abruptly turned and ran off with a bark of laughter. “You even know where you’re going?” He called back without looking around.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Icarus flicked his "short fluffy tail" just out of reach, brushing Lycu's nose with it. He enjoyed the Darkblood Advisor's company more than he had ever enjoyed another's company before. With Lycu, Icarus felt safer than he had in a long time. With Lycu, the two of them could wreak havoc on whatever stood in their way. Lycu had been showing Icarus what it really meant to be a Darkblood and the power and intimidation that came with it.

“Whatever kid.”

Icarus chuckled, "How old are you again, Lycu? Exactly?" He teased. He spoke easily around Lycu, said things as soon as they came to mind. His stuttering and hesitation was a mental problem, not a speech impediment. When he felt more comfortable, the easier he spoke.

Lycu shoved Icarus, and he tripped- catching himself just in time. Lycu pulled ahead and turned sharply, “You even know where you’re going?”

"No. Do you?" To Icarus it looked as if they were just in some random woods. He slowed his full-speed bound to a trot. "Hey, where are we going?" He called after the silver Lai.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:56 am

Lycu had slowed to a trot and was weaving through the trees, looking as though his route had no point or purpose. “I’m 103 thank you very much.” Lycu said with a flick of his tail. “And you’re what? 20?” He said, a leering grin on his face.

"No. Do you? Hey, where are we going?" Icarus called after him.

Lycu stopped for a moment, giving Icarus enough time to catch up before moving off again. “We’re going to Velocif- Veloc... The Darkblood Capital.” He said bluntly, he found ‘Velocifiero’ a pain to say. “And then maybe to Sunset Peak, if you’re lucky.” He added, he wasn’t too sure on that factor, maybe he could sweet talk Linx or let Brute pummel him next training session.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:44 am

“I’m 103 thank you very much.”

"That's old."

“And you’re what? 20?”

"30... 35 I think? I m-might have lost a couple years in there." He shrugged, unfazed by Lycu's teasing. His short, bushy tail flicked behind him. His paws came down softly compared to Lycu, who didn't really seem to care how much noise he made. Icarus's shadow danced on the ground below him because of Shinlai's spare energy, like a child shaping play-doh.

“We’re going to Velocif- Veloc... The Darkblood Capital.”

"Velocifero?" Icarus chirped happily, his eyes lighting up.

“And then maybe to Sunset Peak, if you’re lucky.”

Icarus bounded forward, new energy in him. He stopped ahead, "Come on then, Lycu! Prove to me how fast you are!" He grinned and challenged. He'd been wanting to see Velocifero since he was a pup, and Sunset Peak since he had swore to one day count himself among the Kordeth's Elites.

(For anyone else who joins. Icarus looks like this design more now https://2img.net/h/oi56.tinypic.com/2qd7gch.jpg the first one.)
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:10 am

"30... 35 I think? I m-might have lost a couple years in there." Icarus said with a shrug.

Lycu glanced at him before smirking. “Kid.” He said bluntly. He watched as Icarus sprung forwards, his shadow dancing and a large grin on his face.

"Velocifero? Come on then, Lycu! Prove to me how fast you are!" Icarus challenged. He was very eager it seemed, Lycu sprung forwards a few bounds before vanishing into thin air.

“Good luck with that.” Lycu said as he bounded past, his footsteps lighter and more controlled. It was a huge change from his previous heavy and loud steps. “Catch me if you caaan.” He called quietly over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:18 pm

A red masked shinlai with fur in shades of blue lay in wait, his body lowered against the forest floor and attention trained ahead on a funny looking bird with long spindly legs. It had been several weeks since Rayner had encountered another shinlai, he had somewhat forgotten about the possability that he wasn't the only one in the forest. Anything else he might encounter there would likely pose a minimal threat. How many animals would dare to challenge a shinlai?

Unaware as he was of the approaching Lycu and Icarus, Rayner sprung forward and let out a roar, amplified and deepened by his element. His aim had not been to actually hunt the bird, rather to scare it. For some reason he'd always enjoyed messing with them. The bird let out a cry and immediately took off, much to Rayner's amusement and satisfaction. Sometimes it was important just to enjoy the little things in life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:29 pm

“Catch me if you caaan.”

Lycu's steps were hardly heard. Icarus was watching Lycu one moment and the next he shimmered into thin air. Icarus snorted and called out to him, "You cheat, Lycu!" All that was left of Lycu were twisting autumn leaves that were thrown in the air from his wake.

Icarus flexed his own shadow on the ground and spread his awareness out to the all the shadows nearby. A great shade of shadows covered Icarus, cloaking him, lowering wind resistance and streamlining him. He surged forward. Velocifero! He felt a shiver run down his spine.

Just as Rayner jumped out to roar, Icarus was running by. The younger Shinlai turned towards the noise and let out a terrific roar of his own in defense. His eyes narrowed behind his mask and all his fur rose on end. Immediately a familar, and rather unwelcome voice came to mind. Icarus shook his head, trying to dislodge the voices he heard. Shut up!

Icarus dropped his cloak of shadows but kept his grip on his shadow beside him, which continued to writhe angrily on the ground.
"State your name and allegiance, stranger!" Icarus snarled, his muzzle furrowing. He had mistaken Rayner's playful roar at the bird an act of aggresion or evidence of a missed attack. He hoped that Lycu would have heard his roar and turned back, and that the wind rushing past his ears didn't block out noises like that.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Standing the dark of the Zeke stood still his eyes closed listening for the slightest movement when he heard a loud roar, louder than normal. Snapping his eyes open he looked in the direction of the roar, and started to run towards the sound.

Not far from where the roar orginated he stopped seeing a blue colored shinlai. Not sure weather he knew him he started to walk slowly when he heard another voice speak up "State your name and allegiance, stranger!" he knew the other voice must not be talking to him so he simply stopped ten feet from the other shinlai to just watch. Using the shadows to mask his presence since he had not quite mastered the invisble technique some air shinlai know.
Back to top Go down
http://Thealbinobunny.deviantart.com
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Immediately Rayner recoiled from surprise at the sight of Icarus. Of all times to run into company.
He decided it would be wisest not to pick a fight, but stood his ground, rather unhappy at how the other male had demanded his name and allegiance. As far as he was concerned, Rayner had done nothing wrong. Surely scaring birds was not an offence worthy of such demands.

"Stranger hm? Perhaps my hobby has offended you." He mused, lowering his head slightly. Multiple pairs of bright blue eyes observed Icarus for a moment, then the area just behind him. Rayner was quietly debating how much to say. It was quite possible that there were other shinlai nearby, he thought he may have detected something in the wind only moments before. If that was the case, he should soon find out. Rayner chose not to address the demand at all.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:13 am

"Stranger hm? Perhaps my hobby has offended you."

Icarus' fur flattened gradually. Hobby? A strange hobby it was roaring in the middle of a forest, scaring away all the prey and alerting all the others in a surrounding area. "Hobby?" Icarus asked, tilting his head slightly. "You make it a habit to roar at passing Shinlai?" Icarus smiled weakly. "I am Icarus."

Icarus' default nature was happy and optimistic, and he rather liked meeting new Shinlai- although he often lacked the social skills. His electric blue eyes looked Rayner up and down before setting on Rayner's own eyes. "You didn't answer me. What is your allegiance?" Icarus hadn't meant to, but it came out sounding rude due to his bluntness. He glanced around briefly, wondering when Lycu would come.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:58 am

Rayner blinked, "Roar at passing- Ah!" He brightened, looking almost as if he might laugh, "I see. That was not my origional intent, I generally prefer to chase birds." It was interesting, but Rayner was rather pleasantly surprised by the change in air surrounding Icarus. Suddenly the other shinlai didn't seem like such a threat.

He let out a slight grunt of unease as the question returned. At least now he didn't feel quite as hesitant to answer it. Icarus seemed rather friendly, at least now that the threat of being attacked seemed to have passed. "Darkblood." He replied, lowering his voice slightly. He wasn't worried about being attacked by Daila supporters, but something about the word made him nervous. It was true that most of his life, as soon as he had found out about Darius, he had supported the Darkbloods, but now he knew that it was only partially honest.

He observed that Icarus seemed to be looking around, and his eyes narrowed thoughtfully. Perhaps Icarus was concerned about the possability of an ambush, or was he looking for someone? "My name is Rayner." He added, feeling that it was only fair to offer his own name as Icarus had.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:34 am

Lycu had been running at quite a speed when the blue Shinlai had leapt out and roared at a bird. Unable to stop in time Lycu had managed to launch himself, with the aid of his element, over the smaller Shinlai and landing with a muffled crash and roll. He had lain there rather shocked, when he heard Icarus’s replying roar and demand of name and allegiance. With a grunt Lycu managed to roll onto his belly and shake his head, dislodging any leaves or sticks that had caught in his rugged fur, and stiffly climbed to his feet. Somehow, through all of that, he had maintained his invisibility.

He stood and watched how Icarus handled the situation, a rather grumpy expression on his face. Rayner, a Darkblood. His scowl deepened when Rayner said it almost as though he was ashamed of his allegiance. He could understand being wary of shouting about it if he wasn’t in Darkblood territory, but this close to Velocifero there was no chance of a tree hugging Dailan. Bored with watching he moved forwards silently, stepping softly, he sniffed the air quietly. Icarus’s familiar scent, but this blue Rayner was mingled with another... He faintly recognised it as a females... Then another stronger scent caught his attention.

He tensed and his orange eyes started flicking around, trying to see through the trees. What the hell was he doing here? He had tried to put distance between them only for him to show up on his doorstep! This wasn’t good, not at all, he was just thankful that the Elites or Kordeths weren’t around to find out. He shunted the thoughts out of his mind. If the kid was smart enough he’d keep quite.

Stepping forwards again, until he was right next to Icarus, but looming over Rayner, he dropped the invisibility as he spoke. “You say Darkblood as if it’s a bad thing...” He said with a faint snarl and curl of the lip. “Speak up next time or you’ll embarrass yourself.” He said looking unimpressed.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:54 am

As the events unfolded in front of him Zeke watched silently listening to every word from the two shinlai in front of him. Taking note of there names, and the alligance spoken by Rayner though he seemed a little uneasy to say this in darkblood territory. Zeke thought to himself "it is not odd though many shinlai are differant".

Looking around he saw as the white shinlai by Icarus looked as if he were waiting for someone when the silver colored shinlai stepped forward. “You say Darkblood as if it’s a bad thing...” He said with a faint snarl and curl of the lip. “Speak up next time or you’ll embarrass yourself.” He said looking unimpressed. As he spoke Zeke faintly reconsiged the voice, startled he stepped back unpurposely stepping on a stick making a cracking sound. Heart beating rapid Zeke looked down at his mistake, and turned and started running not wanting to confront the other shinlai who startled him.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:46 pm

"Roar at passing- Ah! I see. That was not my origional intent, I generally prefer to chase birds."

Icarus gave a puzzling look at Rayner. "Chasing... birds." He didn't question it, but the way he said it made it clear that he thought the notion ridiculous. He looked at one of the animals that still sat in the trees, chattering away alarms to its kin. "Why? They just fly away." Icarus stood on his hind feet briefly, swatting at a low branch of a tree. His feet fell back to the ground with a thump and he watched the bird take off. He looked back at Rayner. "I don't see the point."

"Darkblood."

"Why do you speak so quietly? Are you not proud?" Icarus asked, a slightly accusing tone in his voice. Lycu appeared beside him not a second after.

“You say Darkblood as if it’s a bad thing... Speak up next time or you’ll embarrass yourself.”

Icarus glanced at Lycu. If the dislike in his voice wasn't obvious enough than his face gave it away. Icarus caught a glimpse of the Advisor's fangs as his lip curled. Icarus' own fur began bristling again. He was distracted though by a sudden snap of a twig.

Icarus's tattered ears rose and pricked forward, his eyes snapping to where he heard the noise. He might have stayed still and ignored it but then the thing started running. He could tell by the first few heavy footsteps that it was a Shinlai. And why would a Darkblood run from his own kind? Icarus growled, baring his teeth, and took off after him.

Icarus was quick, and soon enough was on the Shinlai's tail. He pounced and just barely caught the Shinlai's flank, causing them both to tumble over. Icarus got to his feet, growling. The Shinlai had purple and black fur and a striking mask of silver. "Why so quick to flee?" Icarus asked, growling softly.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:48 pm

"When you are lonely you find ways to keep yourself entertained." Rayner replied calmly.
The arrival of a second shinlai did not surprise him a terrible lot, but his mistake made it a lot worse. The blue shinlai seemed to shrink under the dissaproving gazes of Lycu and Icarus. So they knew each other. Suddenly the fact that Icarus was younger than he didn't matter, Rayner recognized Lycu from descriptions, and a friend of Lycu immediately outranked him.

He averted his gaze, fighting the urge to spit at them both and fight until he had breathed his last breath. Rayner didn't even know Lycu, but oh how he hated the Darkblood advisor. More than he'd ever hated anything in his entire life. This was the shinlai who had killed the mother of his mate. Murdered her in cold blood.
Only common sense kept him from acting. It wasn't his place, and if there was anything that had been ground into his brain, it was obediance.

Luckily he didn't have to answer, yet another nearby shinlai attracted attention by fleeing. Rayner turned his head curiously as Icarus chased after the one who had apparently heard everything. He was tempted to run in the opposite direction himself, but couldn't bring himself to flee. Actually, he was curious to know what was going on, it might be worth getting some information without losing any skin.

Last edited by Toadfoal on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Quick on his feet though he was he heard the quick pace of one of the other shinlai's to follow him. Tumbling over Zeke layed on his side turing his head to see who had pursured him. When he saw it was the white shinlai he sighed in relief. Then he rose up to address Icarus.

"Why so quick to flee?"
"I have my reasons Icarus I believe? Besides why were you so quick to come after me it's not like I was threating any of you after all." he said glaring towards him.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:48 am

(Just to let you know- Icarus isn't white anymore- he's black with blue stripes mostly. His mask hides the majority of his orange face although some is seen on his throat. He's closest to 1 here: https://2img.net/h/oi56.tinypic.com/2qd7gch.jpg)

"I have my reasons Icarus I believe? Besides why were you so quick to come after me it's not like I was threating any of you after all."

"You listened to private conversation. I'd say that's reason enough. Most importantly though, you are in Darkblood territory." Icarus growled, baring his teeth and his mane bristling. "As such you are at a disadvantage here, less you be a Darkblood yourself." Icarus spoke confidently, hardly stuttering at all. This was his territory after all or more accurately territory he protected for the Kordeths.

He raised his head higher, authoritively. "Where does you allegiance lie? Darkbloods are the only ones welcome here."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:10 am

Lycu gave a disappointing snort as Rayner’s head lowered and he avoided eye contact. He watched closely as Icarus chased after the other Shinlai, wincing mentally when he saw that it really was Zeke, but more than impressed at Icarus’s way of handling the situation. Waiting for them to state their allegiance before acting against them. So long as his brothers voice didn’t intercept.

“Icarus.” Lycu barked over. “He’s a Darkblood, no need to maul him just yet.” He said. Truth be told, he had no idea what Zeke’s allegiance was, if he was Dailian, then Lycu hoped he’d be smart enough to keep his mouth shut and not compromise his position. He switched his attention to Zeke. “You may not have been threatening us, but hiding then running suggests you’re trying to gather information.” He said curtly. Mentally adding. ‘I thought I taught you to run lightly.’

He turned on the spot, glancing briefly at the still small Rayner, and rolling his eyes, before padding off through the undergrowth, head low and shoulders hunched.
Back to top Go down
TheAlbinoBunny
Friend of Adlai
TheAlbinoBunny

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:49 am

(Oh okay! Sorry I hadn't know i shall remember this! Thanks! ;) )

"You listened to private conversation. I'd say that's reason enough. Most importantly though, you are in Darkblood territory."

"Okay so I did, but it's not the reason I came to easedrop on you! I just happened to stumble upon you all." he snapped back at Icarus. "As such you are at a disadvantage here, less you be a Darkblood yourself." "I wouldn't say I was at a disadvantage I mean you don't really know me. Though I also don't know you or your other friend, only one of you I am interested in." he said as Lycu spoke up.

“Icarus.” Lycu barked over. “He’s a Darkblood, no need to maul him just yet.”
"You are correct Lycu I am darkblood." he said happily. “You may not have been threatening us, but hiding then running suggests you’re trying to gather information.” "No it was the sight of you that just happened to startle me. You being a advisor and all I just lost my train of thought and ran with out thinking. Otherwise I would have got away without anyone on my tail." he said proudly.

"Where does you allegiance lie? Darkbloods are the only ones welcome here."
Turning his head to Icarus now he said "I suppose your question is anwsered now are you satisfied?"
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Rayner slunk up after the others, craning his head to get a peek at whoever they had caught. He blinked curiously, relaxing enough to sit up on his hind legs and peer over. He'd half hoped to see someone he knew, and was a bit dissapointed that it wasn't.

He couldn't help wondering how Zeke knew Lycu though, it didn't seem right that he'd run from the advisor if they were on good terms with one another. "Hmph, friend." He snorted quietly, hearing the other male state his lack of interest in Icarus and himself. Rayner had met a few others who laughed at his elemental abilities, but there were some amazing things one could do with air, including the ability to manipulate currents and catch things spoken that others would not.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:05 pm

"Okay so I did, but it's not the reason I came to easedrop on you! I just happened to stumble upon you all."

"And then you ran." That was the real problem here. Icarus growled louder, "Why would a Darkblood run from his own kind?" Icarus flexed his claws into the ground, preparing to pounce on Zeke.

"I wouldn't say I was at a disadvantage I mean you don't really know me. Though I also don't know you or your other friend, only one of you I am interested in."

"You are outnumbered." Icarus glanced over his shoulder, where Lycu and Rayner were. "You are at a disadvantage, regardless if I know you or not.

“Icarus.” Lycu barked over. “He’s a Darkblood, no need to maul him just yet.”

Icarus's ears moved back, acknowledging Lycu somewhat grudgingly. He didn't like how Lycu knew this Shinlai. For some reason it bothered him. Something about Zeke didn't seem very Darkblood-like. Darkbloods weren't generally gentle or ran from a fight, so why was it this one did?

Icarus listened to Lycu and Zeke speak, and he continued to eye Zeke with a reproachful look.
Something's wrong.
No, Lycu's knows him. Everything's-
It's *not* fine Icarus. Listen to me-

Icarus snorted and shook his head, trying to dislodge Xir's voice. He didn't like how he whispered things in his ear. He thought he was finally rid of him but he just kept coming back to haunt him.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:44 pm

"You are correct Lycu I am darkblood. No it was the sight of you that just happened to startle me. You being a advisor and all I just lost my train of thought and ran without thinking. Otherwise I would have got away without anyone on my tail." He heard Zeke say proudly.

Lycu bit his tongue to keep from saying anything and kept walking. Not hearing a reply from Icarus, he shot a glance over his shoulder, his tatty ears had gone back and he gave a snort shaking his head. With a slight sigh Lycu turned back and headed to Icarus, he lowered his head and gave Icarus a soft nudge.

“Come on kid, if we want to get to Velocifero before dark, we need to get a move on.” He insisted. The dark wasn’t anything to be fussed of, but he’d rather eat at some point, and he knew of a few human cooks he could bully into making them food. “We’ll probably have to stop over night there, before I even think about talking to Brute about Sunset Peak.” He said. “Darius forbid, she better be in a good mood.” He muttered as an afterthought.

He turned to walk and looked at Icarus expectantly, only briefly glancing at Zeke and Rayner. He wasn’t entirely sure how to handle those two, Rayner seemed to be sulking, shooting glares occasionally, and Zeke was at risk of Icarus clouting him. ‘Just another day as an Advisor’ He thought with a mental sigh.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:51 pm

Icarus flinched slightly at Lycu's nudge, still stuck in a conversation with voices in his head. He relaxed as soon as he realized who's touch it was.

“Come on kid, if we want to get to Velocifero before dark, we need to get a move on. We’ll probably have to stop over night there, before I even think about talking to Brute about Sunset Peak. Darius forbid, she better be in a good mood.”

Icarus got to his feet and started walking by Lycu, completely ignoring Zeke and Rayner. He scowled slightly and glared at Zeke over his shoulder, he hadn't liked him for some reason. Hadn't liked him very much at all.

You should go back and make a point.
I do-n't have a reason too.
He was a threat.
No-
A *threat*, Icarus. Listen to me. I know best don't I?
Go AWAY.
Icarus thought, giving a forceful mental shove. He shook his head once more and tried to distract himself with his Dark element, playing with his shadow as he often did. It didn't quite help though, as too much darkness is what put so much mental strain on him.

Go back.
NO.

Icarus glanced at Lycu, who was sort of an anchor for Icarus sanity. Lycu was calm, so why shouldn't he be as well? "Who is th-at purp-le Shinlai ba-ck there?" Icarus narrowed his eyes and glanced back once more. "He knows you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Of The Forest   The Dark Of The Forest Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dark Of The Forest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next