Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Mingle

Go down 
+5
Jeep-the-dragon
Silas
Rocket
Forrgotenrose
Khrests
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 pm

ROLEPLAY IS CLOSED!!!!!

|This rp is for EVERYONE to enjoy and just casually bring their Shinlai in to make friends or find mates, or whatever.
Fighting is fine, obviously no death or large enthralling showdowns that take up everyone. xD
That means keep your all-out warfare between factions to yourself, please and thank you.

Otherwise feel free to do whatever, I'll try and make an accessible landscape and will be rping all three of my Shinlaihere, eventually. C:

---------------------------------------

The sun was shining, with only a pleasant few clouds in the sky. The sun had passed midday and was slowly descending into afternoon. The worst heat over, a pleasant wind blew, ripping the trees, the grasses and the water.

The surface of the expansive lake rippled in the wind, the only thing marring the lovely dark blue of the surface. when it was still it could have a lovely, mirror-like reflection on it. Various aquatic plants grew along it's banks, giving it a lush look.
Around the lake spread a large expanse of open meadow, with long grasses that swayed like green ocean, with flowers here or there. On one side of the river a recent rock slide cascaded down the edged slope of the mountain, leaving a water-fall style slide of fist sized slate grey stones and larger. The slope arched upwards, gradually up the side of a large range of mountains that stretched further below.

The meadow only broke on the other sides when trees started to crop up, thick with lush undergrowth and animal noises. The forest god foreboding at night, but during the day it was stunning. The trees ran upt he mountain slope a ways before thinning and giving way to rock.

All of this was reason for Ananth to settle in for a while. Occasionally she came across somewhere that just made her want to stay for a week or so, while usually she just traveled. She was laying with her front paws sunk into the shallows of the water, eyes lidded as she looked out at the great expanse of lake before her, swaying just a bit side to side as she enjoyed the breeze through her fur.
She would only break the quiet she had when she muttered something to herself, or attempted some manipulation of the water only to have it splash her in the face.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:40 pm

The light Shinlai lept from the tree line with a soft laugh, breaking into a swift gallop when she heard the hearty laugh of her mate catching up from behind. "This isn't funny!" She couldn't help but smile when she spotted the bright orange mask of Wrynn in the corner of her eye, "Stop chasing me!"

The young fire Shinlai threw his head back in laughter, "You can't out run me, Vera!" His long strides brought him closer and closer to Vera, but every time he got within nipping-tail distance, she gained a few more lenghts on him.

The two continued their games as they sprinted around the pastures, laughing and playing in bright spirits, unaware of the water Shinlai who watched them from a distance.
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:44 pm

She didn't even notice the two, at first. So focused on the water was she, as she made a small spiral dance out, like a miniature water spout. though it quickly dissolved back into the water when she finally heard their laughing and frolicking.

She bristled at first, but then wasn't sure why, and relaxed mentally scolding herself. they were laughing, why would they be a threat? honestly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:46 pm

-night night, hun <3 Time for Alana to hit the hay :3 -
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:47 pm

| I need to, as well. xD See ya. <3 |
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:06 am

The water was deep and cool as Alkyone swam below the glassy surface of the lake, fully immersed in her Element. Thick water plants grew up from the depth of the lake and she weaved around them serenely. The light through water made patterns dance across her fur and she smiled to herself watching them dance. She angled upwards and slowly mad her way to the surface. Surfacing so only the top of her head was visible. She breathed in deeply and dived again, her tail briefly flicking above the surface. She faintly heard laughter, distorted by the water, none the less she surfaced again and turned to locate the noise maker. Two young Shinlai were bounding out of the tree line and gambolling on the expense of grassland.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Rocket
Friend of Adlai
Rocket

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Scylla lay in the shade practicing her element, forming tiny shapes in the shadows of the leaves of the tree she was beneath. She had just managed to create a star when her focus was broken; two Shinlai, raced by, laughing. Scylla, curious, stood and followed.

((yay! Generic response and little to no detail!))
Back to top Go down
http://rocketsicle.deviantart.com
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:15 pm

| Yeeeah little to no detail! 8D |

Ananth caught a glimpse of the dark shinlai when she followed the other two, but only just a glimpse before her eyes moved to the Shinlai in the lake.
She tilted her head, then squinted. She looked so familiar, that purple. She stood as the female broke the surface, and swayed little straining to see. Then she briefly stood on her back legs, before dropping to all fours once more. Well, it was certainly another water shinlai.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:53 pm

The shadows conceled his form perfectly, stalking the couple through the trees. He had been following them for hours now. As they darted out of the tree line he stayed back watching them play. 'I remember you...' He thought to himself, 'But do you remember me?' Her laugh echoed in his ears. Scanning the area he saw Ananth out in the lake. He wanted to dart out quitely to her, but he decided to sit in the shadows, watching.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:03 pm

"HEY SILAS!" Nootau yelled as he appeared behind him with a grin, breaking Silas's concentration "What's with all the sneaky ninja mode?" the fire shinali sat next to his friend, head tilted to the side
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Silas turned on a dime, tackling Nootau. "You can tell I am hiding, you know I am being sneaky. And yet you still give away my position!" Silas spat in a hushed voice.
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:07 pm

That commotion sharply drew Ananth's attention. She flipped around on a dime and stared at the treeline concealing Silas and Nootau. she eyed it, cocking her head, before stalking towards it cautiously.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:11 pm

"oh look here comes your girlfriend" he mumbled from under Silas's weight
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:13 pm

He growled at Nootau and stepped off him, "Next time wait until I reveal myself." He warned distractedly. He turned to face Ananth stepping out of the trees.
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:15 pm

She paused, slightly surprised when Silas stepped out. she had barely been here a few hours, she didn't think he could have been tracking her so soon. She tilted her head, and sat down. "What are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:18 pm

He smiled at her, "Nothing I was just out an about." He stepped closer to her, "It's nice to see you though." He nuzzled her, and looked past her still eyeing the couple he had been tracking.
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:19 pm

She blinked, then nuzzled him back almost just out of habit. But she was genuinely happy to see him. she looked beyond him. "Who's back their with you?" she asked, tilting her head. "That fire shinlai friend of yours..?"
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:21 pm

His nose wrinkled, "No.. I barely even know him." He looked at them a little longer, and gazed back down at Ananth with a distracted smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:24 pm

nootau stepped out of the bush "Geez you get so cocky around her, i swear..." he mumbled and he shaked the dirt off his coat "Hey there" he said with a smile directed towards Ananth "My name's Nootau"
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Ananth perked a bit as she saw him step out, then nodded. "I thought I remembered. And yes,he is your friend." She nudged Silas. she knew she was the more solitary of the two. She stayed relaxed.
"I'm sure you get cocky around your mate." she commented to Nootau.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:27 pm

He looked aside, staring at the ground with a slight pout " Yeah..but i don't pretend i don't know someone who's supposadly your best friend"

(lol Noo can be such a child sometimes)
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:29 pm

She about grinned. "Aw best friend. I didn't know that." She nudged Silas again. "He never talks about you." She paused. "He never talks about anyone." aha.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Silas held back a laugh at Noonoo's reaction. "He is a friend of mine, yeah." He grinned, "Noonoo, Ananth, Ananth, Noonoo." He did a simple little introduction.
Back to top Go down
Khrests
Friend of Silas
Khrests

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:38 pm

"Noonoo?" She asked with a laugh. Well,t hat was adorable. "I may have heard of you before, under that name." she vaguely remembered something from somewhere about the fire shinlai. But she probably just overheard a passing conversation.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Alkyone watched the two bounding Shinlai for a moment before turning away. She looked around in time to see a light blue Shinlai head away from the lake. She narrowed her eyes. I know you from somewhere... She thought to herself. She gave a quiet snort. She’d keep watch for them and maybe even go and see who they were if they returned to the lake. She glanced back at the playful two, noticing a small dark figure behind them near the trees. She took a deep breath and dived again. She had seen a shoal of large, plump and tasty looking fish and was intending to hunt some. Once upon a time she would have manipulated the water to draw them to her. But not this time. This time she’d use only her teeth and claws. A challenge every now and then was good for you.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

The Mingle Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mingle
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Pen and the Mask :: The Old Records-
Jump to: