Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

The Mingle

Go down 
+5
Jeep-the-dragon
Silas
Rocket
Forrgotenrose
Khrests
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

The Mingle - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:24 am

((If you guys don't mind me asking... when is this going to start again?))
Back to top Go down
LuneBleu
Admin
LuneBleu

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Vega could feel her chest rise and fall on her back. A bit if blood was staining both Shinlai's coat of fur. She could feel her shift every so often. Vega kept her pace slow and avoided low branches so as not to have her slip off her back. Any more damage was not a good thing. She was so tiny...like a doll. Her fire mate didn't take his eyes off Vera. Not once.
Slowly but surely all four of them made it to the clearing. Vega scanned around. Her eyes locked on a mother and her pup by the lake. Perhaps this is Siren? she thought to herself. With the same steady pace they made it to the cool clear lake.
Vega turned slighty to the banshee, "Drink," she gestured to the glassy water. She didn't want to risk taking a drink for herself and Vera falling over. So she continued to the mother and pup.
"You're Siren, right?" She addressed the mother, "Lets play a game. One of us is hurt and needs your help. Can you guess which one?" Vega gave a half smile. "Really, Vera..." Vera, is it? "needs your help. Can you do that?"

Last edited by LuneBleu on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://q3dr.deviantart.com/
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:28 pm

Mel walked with Vega and the other two shinlai until the larger shinlai turned slightly to her and said, "Drink," motioning toward the lake. Mel nodded and, before she had completely realized, was partially standing in the lake and drinking water like it was the last supply out there. She sighed when she had had her fill, her throat no longer unbarable but slightly stinging, none the less. When she saw Vega talking to a mother shinlai by her pup, she sloshed over before jumping out of the lake and walking up to the group, her fur clinging to her in places, no doubt making her already strange appearance... Stranger still.
Back to top Go down
http://issamorg.deviantart.com/
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Dagda padded away from Alkyone quietly, trying not to disturb Ananth and Aderyn. He aimed straight for Vega. “Is that Vera’s blood?” He asked concerned. He wasn’t aware of Vega been hurt when he first saw her; he hoped the blood was transfer and not a hidden wound. He watched Vera for a moment, listing to Vega, unsure of what to do. Alk needed to rest, Vera was been dealt with and there was no one else who needed attention.

He sighed and padded down to the lake to get himself a drink, passing the banshee Mel on the way. Reaching the lake edge he crouched and dipped his nose to the water. He sighed and stared at his reflection, he looked older, wearier, tired. Overall, he looked like a different Shinlai. He shook his head fiercely. I’m tired, that’s all. I’m not older, just worn out. He Thought to himself finally taking a drink of the cool water.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:43 am

"You're Siren, right?" The black and white shinlai said to Siren

“Why, yes I am. “Siren said to her. Then Siren looks up and see’s Vera on her back, bleeding all over and crying.

"Lets play a game. One of us is hurt and needs your help. Can you guess which one?" she gave Siren half smile.

“Vera… Am I right miss?” Siren gives her a grin then looks at her daughter to see if she’s up. ‘Good, she’s still asleep.’ She thought.

"Really, Vera..." Vera, is it? "needs your help. Can you do that?"

“Yes I can.” she replied, “set her down right here so I can start.” Siren glance’s at the other Shinlai next to this one and said “What are your guy’s names?” She said vary kindly.

Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Dagda padded back towards Siren and heard her request their names. “The tall one is Vega and the little one is Banshee, or Mel, I’m not sure which.” He answered for them slowing to a stop by the sleeping Reza. “Vera’s cuts don’t seem too deep. They shouldn’t take too much effort to heal.” He said concerned that Siren may not have enough energy.

Dagda sat down, Reza by his paws. He gave an inaudible sigh and looked at Alkyone Once she has regained her energy I shall take her home... He thought to himself. She needs a few days to rest. He took fleeting look down at the sleeping Reza, before glancing at Siren. I envy you... He thought fleetingly. A while later he found himself watching Alkyone doze peacefully. The thought of pups briefly crossed him mind but he dismissed it knowing Alkyone wasn't sure. One day...
Back to top Go down
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:17 am

“Interesting name, Banshee, strange name for a little one like yourself.” She said with a smile, and then Siren waits until Vega finely set her down. Siren set her paws near her wounds and started to heal, “Calm down little one, everything will be alright, don’t cry.” She said with a calm voice.

“Vera’s cuts don’t seem too deep. They shouldn’t take too much effort to heal.” He said looking concerned at Siren.

“Okay Dagda, it won’t take long, I have enough energy just for this before I take a long rest.” She smiled at Dagda. After a few minutes, Vera is started to look much better, her tears are started to disappear, and Siren is starting to get a little weak, but she keeps on going, glancing once in a wile to see if Reza is still asleep.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:43 pm

Mel sighed, partially in anger, partially exhaustion- it had been a long day and she'd been having nightmares of her family... Not the best thing to wake up from. "My name isn't Banshee! Only Smokey here can call me that because I almost blew out her hearing even though she was trying to-" she ranted, then stopped abruptly and looked at the dwindling smoke over the forest. She didn't know if the other's knew what Vega had been doing, and she wasn't going to be the one to tell them. Trying to get her mind away from those thoughts, she looked at the now-being-healed Vera and smiled slightly... There may have been only a year difference or so, she couldn't tell if she was older or younger Vera was so small, she was concerned for the other shinlai... She looked over at Vera's mate, hoping one day she's have a mate as loving toward her as Vera's mate was to her... But Mel could wait. Time flies when you don't look for it.
Back to top Go down
LuneBleu
Admin
LuneBleu

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:23 pm

She carefully set Vera down and watched Siren's paws get to work. She watched her intently. Watching the cuts slowly seal themselves. Vera's face seemed more relaxed. Her fire mate had curled up beside her looking more at ease as well, but not completely relaxed.
Vega was obliviously in her own little world until the banshee's still-scruffy voice invaded her ears.
"...Only Smokey here can call me that because I almost blew out her hearing even though she was trying to-"
She shot a furious glare at the little banshee from the corners of her eyes. Mel stopped in mid sentence and didn't continue. Good, she thought.
She kept the stare for the few seconds longer and focused on Vera again.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Dagda raised a brow at Vega’s glare and glanced at the little one. “You blew out her hearing?” He asked slightly shocked. “Dare I ask how?” He said leaning back slightly his gaze switching back and forth between Banshee and Vega. He gave a slight shake of his head. “You know what, I don’t want to know.” He said standing up and stretching. He stood for a moment watching Alkyone. He hesitated before speaking. “I think, I shall take her home now.” He said absentmindedly.

He slowly padded over to her glancing briefly at Ananth and Aderyn. “Alkyone my darling. It’s time to go home now.” He said lowering his head to her. She looked up at him and gave his cheek a small lick.

“I suppose you right...” she said quietly. With a grunt she climbed to her feet and nudge Dagda’s neck gently. “Let me say good bye to Vega first.” She said before turning and padding over to her friend.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm

Mel turned when the male said, “You blew out her hearing? Dare I ask how?”
Mel looked at him, "There is a reason she called me 'banshee'"
He then changed his mind saying, “You know what, I don’t want to know.”
"But now I wanna tell." Mel told him, her throat had felt worse, but she'd be fine... she looked at the pup which was sleeping like a rock. She knew she didn't want to wake a little one, but... She turned toward the male as his mate told him something and went over to Vega, taking her chance, she walked up to the larger shinlai saying, " I wanna tell- well, its more of show- you why Smokey calls me Banshee... At the same time, I don't wanna wake the little one..." she turned and looked at the pup again, then back at the male. "What do you say? I won't do any damage, but it won't feel the best, either..." She tilted her head and started to walk to the side, if he followed, she'd do the banshee shriek, if not, then she could trot off around and see what's happeining elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 11:19 am

A little wile longer, Siren just finishes healing Vera. She watches Vera get up and cuddle with her mate. Now all Siren needs to do now is rest.

Siren walks over to her sleeping pup and lies right next to her. She licks Rez's face and watches Dagda head over to his mate, she watches them show their love to each other. “Reza, its time to wake up, we need to go home now.” Reza squirmed and set her head up wile she yawned. “Mommy, we have to go now?” Siren gave her a smile, “Yes my dear, we need to go home.”

Siren and Reza get on their feet and started to walk off. Siren turns her head at Dagda and Alkyone. “Its nice meeting all of you Alkyone, Dagda, and everyone else, maybe we will see each other again sometime.”
Back to top Go down
LuneBleu
Admin
LuneBleu

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:46 pm

Vega's eyes eventually closed and she was drowning out the sounds around her. She knew Vera's recovery wasn't going to take too long, but didn't see anything else to do in the mean time.
Soft thick fur brushed hers. She flicked open her eyes to see Alkyone. Her eyes were hooded and her posture wasn't straight; as if she was carrying a weight of some sort.
"You look tired", Vega pointed out.
Vega looked over at Siren to see that she'd finished healing Vera and was about to walk off with her pup, “Its nice meeting all of you Alkyone, Dagda, and everyone else, maybe we will see each other again sometime.” Siren addressed the scattered group.
Vega made a little nod and gave all of her attention back to Alkyone.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:58 pm

Dagda nodded goodbye to Siren and Reza, wishing them a smooth journey, before turning to look at the expectant youngblood. "What do you say? I won't do any damage, but it won't feel the best, either..." She said beginning to walk a short distance away.

Dagda hesitated unsure of whether or not he should follow the young one. He took a few hesitant steps forwards but daren’t go too close. “Show me then.” He said kneading his claws into the earth with nerves. He didn’t know what she was going to do and the fact he jumped easily wouldn’t help.

------

Alkyone gave a soft smile as Vega stated the obvious. “I’ve had worse. It feels like I haven’t seen you in ages.” She said smiling up at her friend. “Where have you been?” She asked curiously.

She nodded good bye as Siren and her pup took her leave. Glancing over her shoulder she saw Dagda stood near to the smaller female, Mel, looking nervous. “Vega.” She said abruptly. “You and your friend can come and stay with me and Dagda for a while if you wish.” She said looking to Vega determinedly. She liked having guests round, and having Vega around for a few days would cheer her up. "We should be going soon anyway, Ananth and Aderyn might like the space." She said glancing over to them.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:10 pm

Mel smiled at the older male shinlai, “Show me then.” she nods in reply. With that Mel closes her eyes as she plants her feet firmly and takes a deep breath. She thought back at the fear that helped fuel the screech. She thought of her brother and the last she had seen him, how she had felt. As the raw sense of fear punctured her calm, her eyes snap open and she feels the screech build up in her throat. She can't let it out full force, but she can't keep it all back... She let out the wail and winced, the single thought running through her head was 'Wow, this was a bad idea' It was still loud and high in pitch, but she tried to keep her element out of the blast... Not succeeding completely.
Back to top Go down
LuneBleu
Admin
LuneBleu

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:33 pm

“I’ve had worse. It feels like I haven’t seen you in ages. Where have you been?” Alkyone asked her.
Vega's eyes evaded hers, they searched the ground, the sky, the trees, "I've been...around..." She didn't feel like explaining her absense, that was for another time.
“Vega, you and your friend can come and stay with me and Dagda for a while if you wish." She invited, "We should be going soon anyway, Ananth and Aderyn might like the space." Alk looked over to them. Vega looked over to see a light blue female huddled close to what seemed to be her brother. They looked like they were related. He was a giant compared to her with large ram-like horns. Both of their mouths would move from time to time, exchanging words. Both of their expressions were sombre.
I guess it is best we leave them alone, she thought.
Vega opened her mouth to respond when the banshee let out another piercing cry.
"UUURRRGG!!!" She put her paws over where her ears would be and grit her teeth, "That thing is not my friend. I'll stay with you only if the banshee does not!" Her fur rose and she gave out a loud growl.
She eyed the little thing.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:45 pm

Dagda hissed and crouched low to the ground as the little Banshee screeched. In the trees a flock of birds took off, startled. He dug his claws in as a small gust of wind swept through. Damn it, shut up! He thought screwing his eyes up at the noise. How can something so small make such a loud noise? He thought as she fell silent. He glanced around as the large black and white Shinlai exclaimed her displeasure. “I’m going to suggest not doing that again...” He said giving his head a shake.

------

Alkyone frowned at her friend. “You’re not telling me something...” She said slowly. “Eh you can tell me later.” She said shrugging. She winched as a piercing screech tore through the air. “What the hell was that?” she said turning to see a rather shocked Dagda and deflated Mel. “Good grief did she make that noise?” She exclaimed.

"UUURRRGG!!! That thing is not my friend. I'll stay with you only if the banshee does not!" Vega spat next to Alkyone. Alk butted her shoulder unimpressed.

“I’m inviting her anyway, she’ll just have to be quiet.” She said raising her brow at Vega. “Don’t make me groom you.” She threatened playfully.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:04 pm

Mel groaned, or at least tried to, her throat burned again! She heard the male say, “I’m going to suggest not doing that again...” She noded mutely, she wouldn't be talking for a while...
"UUURRRGG!!! That thing is not my friend. I'll stay with you only if the banshee does not!" she heard Vega say. Mel winced as she heard it, the words stung but she supposed they were trurth... She had barely heard the purple shinlai saying, “I’m inviting her anyway, she’ll just have to be quiet.” she sank down to the ground, she barely had any control over her elements, they took their toll on her, and she had used them more in this one day then she normally does. It was a bad day getting worse... She had been stupid by bringing the memories of her brother up to the surface, she had been coping so well recently... But, once again, she had gone and done something stupid and brought herself back to step one. She saw the world go misty as her eyes filled with tears, she knew she couldn't stop the flow of tears, but tried to disguise them by putting her head on the ground hoping the others would believe it to be merely exhaustion and leave...
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:16 pm

Dagda had been about to turn back when he saw Mel’s expression and teary eyes. “Whoa there now! There’s no need to cry.” He said shifting from paw to paw. Alkyone was better at comforting than he was. He crept over to her and crouched by her head. “If your throat hurts that bad I can find you something to make it better.” He said worriedly. He had heard Alkyone invite them back and knew he had something’s at home that would help with the pain. “Come back with us.” He said giving her a gentle nudge.

-----

Alkyone watched Mel and Dagda, ignoring Vega’s mutterings. “She seems to be quite young.” She said absentmindedly. “Why’s she alone?” She muttered. She shook her head, swaying slightly from tiredness, and glanced briefly at Vega. “Sorry.” She apologised in advance, giving Vega a small lick on the neck.

“Hey Dagda, Mel! We going or what?” She called, Dagda looked to her and stood up speaking to Mel. Alk glanced at Vega again. “She doesn’t look like she’ll be talking much.” She said noting Mel’s expression.
Back to top Go down
LuneBleu
Admin
LuneBleu

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:37 pm

“I’m inviting her anyway, she’ll just have to be quiet.” Vega gave a low growl in protest and muttered to herself. Something having to do with skinning Mel and selling her hide to the humans.
“Don’t make me groom you.” Alkyone threatened her.
Vega grunted.
She saw banshee with her face covered and Dagda kneeling infront of her. Must have smacker her in the nose...I approve, She nodded.
“Sorry.” Alkyone said to her. Then licked her neck. It only took a few seconds to realise that she was actually inviting the banshee anyway.
"Hey Dagda, Mel! We going or what?” Alk called to Dagda.
Hmph. If she thinks that I'm just going to go along with this, she's got another thing coming. I don't care if she grooms me or not, she'll have to drag me there.
Vega took back a few steps, sat down on her hind legs, and tossed her head defiantly in the air.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:54 pm

Alkyone suppressed a smirk at Vega’s head toss. You can be such a goof. she thought fondly. Alkyone gave a wide yawn before abruptly shoving into Vega’s side, pushing her over. She promptly sat on her and began licking Vega’s face and neck. “She’s coming whether you like it or not.” She said between licks, trying her hardest not to be thrown off by Vega’s squirming. “Do not make me tickle you. You know what happens when I tickle you.” She warned jokingly, while ignoring the funny looks been sent their way.

“Um, dare I ask what happened to going?” Dagda said, watching with a bemused expression. He didn’t know much about this Vega, but apparently she didn’t like been groomed.

“Vega’s been stubborn.” Alkyone replied with a slight whine, making Dagda roll his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Morganism135
Friend of Adlai
Morganism135

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Mel heard the male say, “Whoa there now! There’s no need to cry. If your throat hurts that bad I can find you something to make it better. Come back with us.” she just lay there for a moment and he walked back to his mate. She sighed and stood, blinking the wet from her eyes. When it was gone, she walked over to the group and looked at them, asking with her eyes, 'Where to, now?'. She looked at Vega and smiled at the purple shinlai, it might not be nice, but someone had to do stand up to her, even if only in a playful way.
Back to top Go down
LuneBleu
Admin
LuneBleu

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:15 pm

“Vega’s been stubborn.”

Damn straight I've been stubborn. She wiggled and tried to avoid her licks. "I've always...AH!...been stubborn. I do-....n't think that's going to..." She said between her licks and tried to push her off. In the corner of her eye she caught the banshee smiling. The sudden rush of irritation and slight embarrasment gave her just enough strength.
"...change!" She finally spat out.
Vega jabbed right into Alkyone's side where her ribcage ended and her soft gut started. A little squeak left her as she spazzed then Vega rolled her off. She nimbly got up on her feet and shook her head to rid her furr of the wet licks Alkyone left. Her face became neutral and acted as though as Alkyone's grooming attack never happened.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Alkyone squeaked and keeled over sideways as Vega jabbed her ribs. She climbed to her feet and shook her fur slightly. She cleared her throat and nudged Vega’s shoulder. “Any way you two can come back and stay with us for a while.” She said looking back and forth to Mel and Vega.

Mel nodded silently, but Vega gave an irritated huff. “I’m not going anywhere she goes.” She snapped jerking her head towards Mel.

Alkyone rolled her eyes in annoyance. Why must you be so stubborn... she thought to her. Alk looked pointedly at Mel before rolling her head to look at Vega. “She doesn’t look like she’ll be doing much talking, or shrieking for that matter.” She said making a point. There was a silent nod from by her side.

Dagda watched and saw Vega about to disagree. “If she doesn’t come we’ll have to do the fire ourselves.” He said to Alkyone. Neither of them had mastered the ability to make a spark, unlike the humans. He watched as she pulled a face at the thought.

“Do the fire?” Vega asked slowly. She watched them as though they were plotting against them.

“Yeah we normally cook the fish before eating it. But starting the fire is a pain.” Alkyone said screwing up her nose at the thought of trying to start a fire.

Vega grumbled to herself, as though debating something. “Alright, I’ll come and start the fire for you. But don’t expect me to stick around too long afterwards.” She huffed eventually.

Alkyone grinned and nudge her friend. “Come on then, let’s go get this fire started.” She said smiling and walking with a reluctant Vega, Dagda and Mel following close behind. Heading on home.

((the end?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mingle   The Mingle - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mingle
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinlai Community :: The Pen and the Mask :: The Old Records-
Jump to: