Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ

Go down 
+8
Khrests
Aereosa
Elementalbot
Rondun
GiftToday
Forrgotenrose
Silas
Kordasai
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ Empty
PostSubject: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Roleplay is Closed!

Darius peeks in, his dark eyes gleaming as he sniffs at the air, "They're in here, somewhere." He glances back to his sons, Denton and Silas, and gestures towards th clearing as he speaks again, "Let's have some fun."

Last edited by Alana on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:40 pm

+++++++++++++++

Kordasai's stretch felt longer than it should have, he had been napping in the glades and shades of the forest. Trees surprisingly taller than himself surrounded most of the area, only a few clearings present.
His claws felt movement in the earth below them, someone or something was close...

He moved into the shadows farther, deepening the distance between himself and whatever newcomer had stumbled upon his recent nest.

I don't need a fight now. Still recovering...Dang.

His claws relaxed as he supposed the other creature passed out of range to hear or smell him.

+++++++++++++++
Back to top Go down
http://ladykervein.deviantart.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Coming to halt, Denton lifted his head, his mouth opening to take in the breeze. "I can't believe it," he chuckled, turning to Silas when he appeared by his side, "It's our old friend."

Silas took in the scent, a gleam in his eyes when he recognized the familiar odor, "Brother," he smiled, " we have no friends." The brothers turned behind them and faced their father whom had been listening.

He nodded, "Go on.... I'll wait behind."

Without a heartbeat to spare, the brothers tore off into the forest, splitting off and disappearing into the trees.
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:15 pm

++++++++++
Kordasai had relaxed once more, scratching his back on a nearby pine tree she felt some of the poke-y needles prick his sides and it tickled, a small laugh erupting from his dry throat. He was on his way to find water; which seemed to be in a general "that way" direction, his nose told him. And he followed. The ground was softer here, so he knew he was headed in the right way.

"Oh nothing makes me sadder..." he hummed to himself, happily sauntering towards what he saw as a stream, small and trickling. It made music with the forest and was a sleepy tune he liked to hear. For a dark Shinlai, he was certainly significantly more peaceful in nature.

++++++++++
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:45 pm

The shadows engulfed the trees, it's hushed laugh creeping inhe canopy as it moved along the ground, careful to avoid the rays of sun that shone through the canopy. The shadow took shape as it neared a winding creek, a light green Mohawk appeared as Silas formed from the darkness, his deep voice echoing in the forest S he called to the creek, "Brother, wait until our friend drinks."

In the clear water, Silas could see the white mask of his brother appear, the rest of his body blending into the water. Denton peaked his head out the water, nodded his head, and slipped once more into the creek.

After he watched his brother swim away; Silas darted into the trees, his nose leading him to their old friend.
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:12 pm

++++++++++
Kordasai laughed, seeing something a ways downstream before drinking and returning tot he darkness himself. A tree or two seemingly erupting in flames of black before they died down and he was hidden once more.

"Anyone there?" he asked, lieing there in the darkness.

++++++++++

(( Ill bbs! Going to movies with hubby :D TTYL! ))
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:44 am

(hate to intterupt alana but iz can play silas now?)
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:09 am

(( Yes you goober. jump in xD ))
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:26 am

(Could I join at a suitable point please?)
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:02 pm

(( You DO realize you can jump in wherever you like? >W< I'm not gonna throw a fir about it. This is a general Rp nothing plot specific atm. >W< Jump in and post. :P ))
Back to top Go down
GiftToday
Curious Shinlai
GiftToday

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:24 pm

The light shinlai toured through a part of the forest he has never been through. The light that shone through the thick canopy gave the forest floor a striped impression of light and dark at their closest. As long as the warmth of the sun still touched him, the young shinlai wasn’t bothered at all by those occasional shadows that seemed too dark or too alive.

Lue soon saw a wide clearing coming in view from his right. He abandoned the path he was on and advanced towards the warm gap in the thick trees. Soft grass welcomed his feet, and dark green was replaced by the clear blue sky. Oblivious to the others presence and too enveloped in his own happy thoughts, he headed towards the stream.

“Anyone there?”

Lue’s mane pricked up as a sudden shiver ran down his spine. I’m not alone?! His head snapped towards the direction of Kordasai, but only saw darkness. The scent of, not one shinlai but more finally reached him. His voice became two octaves higher as he croaked, “Wha- yeah?”
Back to top Go down
http://gifttoday.deviantart.com
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:55 pm

++++++++++++

Kordasai was uneasy , but a light shinlai was much less likely to attack a fellow than the Dark ones he sensed roaming the forest.

"You--" he spoke, coming from behind the male Shinlai. He had not met many light shinlai in his life and the bunch always looked so...pure. Unlike himself. Always dirty, afraid of water for some unspeakable reason.

"You and I may be in danger." He spoke from the shadows, they disappeared in swirls and pleasantly the light from the canopies drove through them.
He looked down and to the other side of the stream, knowing another Dark Shinlai was near, maby more. He did not care to use his nose at the moment, the sign of lacking knowledge in front of someone whose respect he wanted.

++++++++++++
Back to top Go down
GiftToday
Curious Shinlai
GiftToday

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:35 am

"You--"

Lue turned fully to face Kordasai, feeling himself calm down as he can now see the speaker. He could have easily seen how the shadow around Kordasai seemed to blend comfortably into his silhouette. He was no doubt a dark shinlai. But, what Lue saw instead was the same clear blue eyes as his own, so he felt no fear…

"You and I may be in danger."

…Okay, maybe he felt a little afraid, but not because of Kordasai. “Well that’s a real pickle (pickles ;D), ‘aint it?” Lue cleared his throat nervously and gave a lopsided smile, he had not expected a fight when he set foot into the forest, more like a picnic by the stream or something nice like that…
Lue glanced in the direction Kordasai did: on the other side of the stream. Indeed there was the tingling tug of another’s presence.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:02 pm

The dark shinlai eased through the forest at a swift pace. The shadows of the canopy dancing off of his large frame in a silent display.
He made no effort to hide his presence, the scent of his intended target growing stronger with every stride.

He's close. thought Rondun. A realization hit him and he abruptly stopped in his tracks, his head raised to test the air, You're alone? But where are your spawn at, Darius?

The idea that the impudent brats could be anywhere put him on instant alert and made the fur on the nape of his neck rise slightly. He growled to himself, "Where are you two?"

Rondun kept moving, this time making certain to keep to the shadows of the trees and using his element to keep him hidden as he neared the source of the distinct smell that was Darius Kordeth.
Back to top Go down
http://oddosprey.deviantart.com/
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:36 pm

++++++++
There seemed to be quite a few presences int he forest, but Kordi did not distinguish or care to sort the rest.

He simply sauntered a decent non-threatening way past the light shinlai before heading for a drink. That was his intent before the party had arrived.

"You could say that-" he spoke, swishing some water in his mouth and taking a looooong drink. His neck muscles tense in the event of an attack. He knew there were other...less savory Shinlai about, he knew this however, was not one of them. The thing about shinlai was their elements more often than not gave them away. Kordasai was one of the few Dark that did not follow the norm, he was not quite a Daila follower either... This always made for interesting meetings.

"You're new here then?" he asked casualy, keeping an eye on any particularly dark spots in his vision.
+++++++++
Back to top Go down
GiftToday
Curious Shinlai
GiftToday

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:58 pm

"You could say that-"

Lue's gaze lingered at the other side of the stream for a moment longer before joining Kordasai's side.

"You're new here then?"

Lue dipped the tip of his head into the clear water and took a drink before answering, "Quite." He was still wary of the other shinlais that hadn't made an entrance to the opening yet. He had never felt the element dark so up close. In fact, today was the first time he had ever encountered it.
"Why aren't they coming out? Maybe they're just having a rest here. Perhaps they don't intend to confront us?" Lue babbled. He sounded more like he was trying to convince himself than anything else.

The lone light shinlai abruptly looked up at the forest around him and tensed his whole body defensively. He couldn't see anything but the shadows of the trees, and that's what bothered him. Another dark shinlai? Why won't they just come out already?
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:19 pm

As he neared a break in the trees, Rondun slowed. Not wanting to break his cover by blindly wandering out into the open, he moved into the lingering shadows of the trees around the clearing.

Looks like I'm not alone after all. thought the dark shinlai as he caught sight of the young light shinlai and the dark figure beside him.

He was silently sizing up the other dark shinlai when he caught a familiar smell upwind, Well that wasn't very hard was it? he swiveled his head around in the direction f the source. If the Kordeth brothers are here, then their father must be somewhere close by.

Turning back to the clearing and the two shinlai in the middle, Rondun chuckled to himself. The light shinlai was staring right at him and his dark friend was unimpressed. He must have given himself away by moving in so close.

Still sticking to the shadows, Rondun relaxed and smiled, "I'm not who you should be worrying about, boy." he said to the light shinlai. Glancing towards the dark shinlai, he nodded and asked, " How long have they been tailing you?"
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:22 pm

++++++
"All morning," Kordasai spoke before the other Shinlai had a chance.

"I'm Kordasai." Kordi spoke to the two of them, having not introduced himself before. This Shinlai seemed to know more of the followers than himself. And that knowledge could prove useful at some point.

If this stranger was not one to attack, as it seemed he was not, in knowing the two were being followed, then what was his purpose in asking? Was he planning them all to team up and battle the darkness themselves, on light shinlai could help immensely but against the likes of three experienced fighters?

Kordasai was no pacifist, he was just not as experienced in fighting. He spent most of his life trying to avoid the conflict between light and dark. Fighting physically meant taking one side over the other. A risk he could not afford to take in negotiating some form of treaty between the two.

He looked contemplative whilst entertaining his brain with these ideas and finally looked to Lue then to the new Rondun.

"You are runnign from them? It only entices them you know."

++++++
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:13 pm

'Crap...' Silas thought. So many shinlai showed up... he could see them talking across the water. Silas hoped his brother didn't choose now to pop out, not while Rondun was here...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Silas froze in his tracks, his turqoise eyes gazing upon the gathering of Shinlai in the clearing up ahead. He snorted and turned away, pawing restlessly at the ground as he conjured up a new plan of action. A deep growl arose in his throat as the creek beside him began to stir, Denton emerging from the depths as he shook himself off.

"This isn't going to work, brother." Denton spoke as he watched his brother pace in front of him, glancing downstream as a draft of wind carried the scents of the Shinlai towards him.

Suddenly, Silas paused. A grin appeared on his face as his eyes met his brother's, "No," he spoke in a hushed whipser, "this will work brilliantly." He held his gaze until a similiar grin appeared on his brother's face, "Father will be very pleased to meet his old friend, Rondun."

Denton shook in excitement, "Then what're we waiting for?" He turned to slink back into the river, but Silas scratched softly as his leg, bringing his attention back to him.

"Toy with them," He whispered once his brother turned to him, "Play with them." Silas turned his head upwards to the sky, closing his eyes as he took in a deep breath, "Father is on his way."
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:40 pm

++++++
Kordasai Kept himself quiet now.

He was not sure how the scenario would play out. Being nomadic, he has no set home and did not want to simply invade someone else's, but what choice was there, other than fleeing the scene.

Kordi snorted indignantly, not sure what to do. If they were attacked there was a good chance Kordasai could hold his own. If the others fled, he would be left wide open. He hoped it would not come to that.

++++++
Back to top Go down
Elementalbot
Admin
Elementalbot

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Following the scent of a nearby thunderstorm, Hekili raced as fast as his small body could take him. It wasn't long before something else caught his curiosity.

"Shinlai, alot of them too." he thought. With a few quick flicks of his ears Hekili changed his direction to scope out the cause for the unusual meetup.

This could be intersting. A grin tore across his face before his form was lost within the trees.
Back to top Go down
http://elementalbot.deviantart.com
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 7:26 pm

"Not running,--" before he could continue he stiffened. It was too far away to see clearly, but he was sure he spoted slight movement upstream. "One of them is a water shinlai. I'd be careful of where you choose to drink if I were you."

Shifting his gaze from the spot ahead of them, the dark shinlai looked from Kordasai to the light shinlai and then back to Kordasai, "I can't stay here long and it wont be much longer before the two of them decide to make their move. It isn't them that I'm after, but I can help you out if need be."

Rondun turned towards the forest and tilited his head in inquiry, "Seems like someone else has come to join the party." he smiled, Let's hope it's a friend and not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
GiftToday
Curious Shinlai
GiftToday

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:32 pm

Lue stayed quiet through the brief discussion, analyzing the possibilities.

"One of them is a water shinlai. I'd be careful of where you choose to drink if I were you."

At this, the young shinlai took a wide step back, distancing him from the stream, but careful not to get too close to the shadows.
His opinions and useless rambling were clearly not needed right now. He had never been one to fight, but really, there hadn’t been a time where a fight was even needed for him. Until now.

Lue had decided that if a fight was to come and Kordasai chose to fight, he would not let Kordasai have the disadvantage of being outnumbered. Despite being inexperienced, he could at least do that much.
He muttered inaudibly to himself, this was not his day. The idea of fighting put him in a surprisingly foul mood –for a cheery light shinlai, anyway- .

“Any help would definitely be appreciated,” Lue announced, and before he could stop himself, he asked the question that had been on his mind the whole time; “Why are they tailing you in the first place?”

Suddenly there it was again: another new scent in the air.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:46 pm

Silas remained in the shadows waiting for his brother to make his move. Listening intently Silas smiled to himself. 'Father really will be pleased...' he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next