Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ

Go down 
+8
Khrests
Aereosa
Elementalbot
Rondun
GiftToday
Forrgotenrose
Silas
Kordasai
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:14 pm

Kordi was not sure if Lue was talking to him or Rondun, seeing as Rondun appeared latest, he had to assume it was himself the light one referred to.

"I... don't know. Mabey they are trying to recruit me?" he questioned, in truth he was trying to recruit all shinlai, so it made sense that the Dark ones would seek him and gain allies of both light and darkness.

He nodded to himself, subconsciously moving away form the stream and atop a rock which overlooked several areas of the forest where trees were thinner.

He didn't see movement at all... but there was something there. He didn't know what it was...
Yet.
Back to top Go down
http://ladykervein.deviantart.com
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:54 pm

To this, the dark shinlai nodded. He then thought to himself, "I shouldn't lose sight of my objective. Adlai would not be pleased if I got distracted by the brothers and Darius got away..." Kordeth was so close, Rondun could literally smell it in the air as he found himself tied in his obligations.

But he couldn't bring himself to leave Kordasai and Lue to the devices of their tailers. It was apparent that the brothers were on the move and likely that they would have spotted and identfied him by now.

Rondun cursed under his breath. Something Adlai would constantly poke fun at him for. How could he be so close to Daila when he has the mouth of his element? The dark shinlai just wanted to get this over with... "It seems that I've walked myself into the middle of something I can't quite get myself out of."

He took in Kordasai's explaination with a smirk, "That would make sense. Darius always has a cruel means of getting his way. You either follow through with his request, or he'll make you regret your denial." he watched the other dark shinlai gain a vantage point and turned to Lue, "He's never been a big fan of light elementals either."

As he stood there waiting, Rondun couldn't shy away from the notion that he could be heading into a trap.

Last edited by Rondun on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://oddosprey.deviantart.com/
GiftToday
Curious Shinlai
GiftToday

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:49 am

"Huh." Lue tilted his head and looked from Rondun to Kordi, and back again.

"He's never been a big fan of light elementals either."

"Oh joy." Lue mumbled. He glanced up at the sun. It was still there, and still so powerful and undefeatable.
Lue prayed that that was what he would be when the time came, and directed his gaze back to the stream.
Back to top Go down
http://gifttoday.deviantart.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:01 am

Hugging the creekbed as he moved along, Denton slithered down the creek, his body melding into the shadows of the sparkling water and he went unseen as he approached the gathering of Shinlai. Looking upwards, he could see the dark shadow and large frame of the Elite, Rondun.

Turning his body, he positioned himself to strike, his legs firmly placed on the sandy bed, while he waited for his brother's signal.

-------

He could hear the mumbling and talk of the Shinlai ahead of him, but only one in particular attracted his attention. Silas melded into the shadows once more, the natural shadows of the dense forest covering him as he moved towards the edge of the clearing, careful not to attract attention to him. He could smell the fear-scent from the smaller Shinlai, but none from the Elite.

"He's never been a big fan of light elementals either."

Hearing this brought a smile to his face as he turned to peak once more at the gathering, shuddering from the excitement and thrill of the impending fight. Gathering himself one last time, Silas appeared from the shadows, stepping out into the clearing, the sun revealing his dark figure as the Shinlai turned to face him.

Silas grinned as his eyes met those of the Elite, "How nice of you to jump in, Rondun," his voiced echoing in the erie silence of the clearing, "Only if Adlai was here to see you fall."
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:07 am

The light Shinlai appeared nervous. If Rondun was going to aid them in this, he couldn't have their nerves interfering with their resolve. "I guess it's understandable. I doubt the kid's been put into a situation like this before and everyone has to feel some kind of anxiety."

Rondun looked the younger Shinlai in the eye, smiled, and winked. "As long as you stay focused this wont take long."

The sound of brush and leaves parting behind him made him stiffen, his fur on end, the smell of Silas Kordeth invading his nostrils. He whirled around to meet the oncoming Shinlai, a low, distasteful growl escaping his throat.

"How nice of you to jump in, Rondun," Rondun glared at the smaller Silas as he slinked out of the underbrush, "Only if Adlai was here to see you fall."

Rondun bristled. Nevermind the threat to his life, the mere mention of Adlai Modher from a Dark Blood Revolutionizer was an insult in itself. But from a Kordeth, it was downright disgraceful.

"You two are in my way, Silas," the Elite bared his teeth in challenge, prepared to strike.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:43 am

"You two are in my way, Silas."

He couldn't help but laugh when the Elite's deep growl resounded within his chest, "In your way?" Silas mocked, holding Rondun's gaze, "You Elites have been always been in the way of the Kordeth family, how dare you say we're in your way."

Without warning, the surface of the creek erupted, the force of the water throwing the other two Shinlai to the ground. Standing over them was Denton, his mouth agape as he roared vicously at the two Shinlai pinned beneath him, his size and strenght too great for them. He glanced back to the Elite, his black eyes meeting his as he spoke in a deep growl, "Who's in your way now?"
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:54 am

"In your way?" Silas was mocking him, "You Elites have been always been in the way of the Kordeth family, how dare you say we're in your way."

To this Rondun striaghtened, rising to his full hight, making his superior size apparent to the young Kordeth. He was by himself. This wouldn't be much of a challenge at all.

Then the thought struck, Silas wasn't alone in this, "Denton!"

Too late. Before the Elite was able to face the stream and the opponent lurking within, the waiting brother had made his move. Leaping out of the water, the force of his attack pinning Kordasai and Lue to the ground.

"Who's in your way now?"

Rondun cursed his late foresight. How could he have been so naive as to let the two Shinlai sneak in behind them like that?

In a single fluid motion, the dark Shinlai reared, summoning up the energy needed and focusing it into his right forepaw, he began to manipulate the shadows in the forest surrounding them, drawing them out and into the palm of his hand. The shimmering trees lost their luster, shadows falling to the forest floor changed direction seemingly attracted to his palm as if it were a magnet. For a small instant the entire clearing appeared to go dark as the shadow energy built up between his claws blocked out any ounce of light that would attempt to shine down into the clearing.

Then in the fraction of a second, the Elite let out a roar and brought all of that dark energy down at Silas's feet. Throwing the opposing Shinlai backwards into the trees in its overpowering wake.

Before all light seemed to return to the clearing, Rondun lunged across the stream towards Denton. He lowered his head and made contact with the smaller Shinlai with his antlers. Scooping him up off of the ground, in a single swing of his powerful neck, Rondun threw the water Shinlai back across the stream in the direction of his brother.

"You two okay?" he asked Lue and Kordasai.

Last edited by Rondun on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:09 pm

Alkyone looked up with fearful eyes. Her fur stood on end as a loud, fierce roar echoed through the forest. She climbed to her feet staring in the direction of the disturbance. A second, equally loud roar shook the forest making her cower. After several moments of silence she leaped off her sunning rock and slunk in the direction of the noise.

She was too inquisitive for her own good.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Colliding into a strong trunk, Silas dug his claws deep into the fertile soil as he brought himself to stand. He knew he was no match for the Elite, it's sheer strength and size was too much even for him. But just as he shook himself of the impact, Denton's body hurled into the tree just inches away from Silas.

He growled, "I will not be made a fool by this lumbering idiot!" Silas turned to his brother as he came to stand, "I don't care what father says," he hissed, "let's take care of the moron ourselves!"

Denton seemed hesitant at first, sniffing cautiously at the air before he spoke, "Silas," he pleaded with his brother, "let's not waste our energy... Father can take care of him."

Enraged, Silas spat, "Then he needs to make his move!" Before he could speak again, a shiver crawled down his spine when the cold voice of his Father appeared by his side.

"I will make my move, son." Darius spat as he emerged from the darkest shadows of the forest, "Be patient." 

Silas and Denton glanced to each other, then back to their father, but before they departed Denton spoke up, "More are coming, I can feel them in the earth."

Darius glanced to the clearing, he could see the large horns on the Elite, Rondun, as he tended to the smaller Shinlai. "I know this, son, don't worry about them." Without another word, Darius turned back to the trees, vanishing as his body melded into the shadows once more.

Silas turned to Denton and spoke quickly, "The Elite is our primary threat, wear him down." Nodding in agreement, the Kordeth brothers tore off into the forest, racing through the trees as the neared the clearing. Emerging first because he was the fastest of the two, Silas lunged across the creek and into the trees surrounding the three Shinlai. When Denton joined him on the other side, they could hear the enraged voice of the Elite as it yelled blindly at the trees.

Silas couldn't help but laugh as the Elite continued to yell, watching as it tried to defend the smaller Shinlai it protected.

Silas reared, summoning the shadows around him as he took in a deep breath, the darkness around him following his every movement. At the peak of his rise, Silas let out a ear piercing roar, the shadows mimicking this action, and making it appear as if the roar was coming from all directions. 

Denton raced past his brother, purposely laughing and barking as the shadows carried his voice, too, and his mocking laughter also surrounded and confused the trio in the clearing. 
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Alkyone all but flattened herself to the floor as a roar mixed with laughter filled the forest. She stayed low pressed against the base of a large oak. She sniffed the air inhaling deeply; there were several Shinlai nearby, Dark Shinlai. “Oh joy.” She muttered sarcastically under her breath. She hesitated as a familiar scent filled the air. “Rondun? What is an Elite doing out here?” She began to creep forwards again placing each paw carefully so not to make a noise, a difficult task with her large frame. Her senses were telling her that there was another Element amongst the Dark ones. It was almost smothered by the others powers. “A Light Shinlai.” She breathed as it dawned on her. She continued forwards, only stopping when she came to the edge of a creek. There in the clearing was the Elite, standing over two much smaller Shinlai, he was yelling blindly at the trees. She straighten up so to get a better view.
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 2:57 pm

++++++

Kordasai was amazed at how fast the scene played before him. He was still on the rock's top when the Elite had knocked back the brother. He did not know who was in more trouble, them or the small group at the stream?!

Kordasai seeped into darkness of the rock as the fight finished, most of the Shinlai were Dark Elementals and he was well aware that each had more power than himself. It would be cunning and hunting ability which would save him.

"Light One," he spoke to Lue, wondering if he was alright " I'm fine, yourself ?"

"Thank you--Elder," he wasn't sure how to address the strange Shinlai who was so helpful.

++++++
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:17 pm

(Lue, I'll let you fill in this part with your Shinlai's reaction and what not. ^^ I don't want to leave you out of the action when you aren't here lol!)

"No problem." With that said, Rondun faced the other side of the stream. The scent of Darius's presence grew stronger as as the Elite waited for the brothers to emerge. "What's taking them? What are you planning, Kordeth?"

As he tried to conjure up ideas as to what the head of the Dark Blood Revolution's intentions were, Rondun spotted a change in the shadows around the clearing's edge. Bracing himself for an attack, he yelled to the light and dark Shinlai next to him, "Get down!" as the two brothers darted across the clearing.

"What?" Rising to meet the challenge at his back, Rondun yelled into the trees "You COWARDS!" he bellowed, "If this is the best your father has to offer from his offspring, then I am not impressed!" The dark Shinlai fumed in outrage. "Do you think this is funny?!"

It was then when he heard Silas roar and everything went dark. It seemed to come from all directions. Like it was bouncing from tree to tree at a melancholy pitch, making the Elite's hair stand on end. Then there was the ear shattering laughter that seemed to go on without end.

Partially unfased by the juvenile trick, Rondun swiveled around in all directions in an attempt to pinpoint the source of the noise. He could see a fair amount in the darkness. Which was, of course, his element. Turning towards Lue and Kordasai, he yelled, "Lue! We could use some light! Kordasai, can you see anything in this?"
Back to top Go down
Elementalbot
Admin
Elementalbot

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Hekili could hear the intense action as he neared closer.

There are so many Shinlai and the Shadows have been darting... I might need to intervene.

Using his air abilities, Hekili shifted the winds to bring the nearby thunderstorm to the area.

I can sense a Light Shinlai and a Water Shinlai, the storm should help them.

It wasn't too long before he could see the reason for the meeting.

This is bad...... he thought as he found an observing area located just out of sight.
Back to top Go down
http://elementalbot.deviantart.com
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:37 pm

Rondun then heard a loud cracking sound above the roaring in the clearing and felt a drop of water fall on his back.

"Rain? Of all the times?"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Alkyone grinned slightly as the rain began. She loved nothing more than been surrounded by her Element. She had felt the wind shift and sensed there was an Air Shinlai nearby. She flattened herself onto her belly again and started slinking around the edge of the clearing. The rain was dampening scents but she found and new one eventually. She trailed the smell and spotted a dark rump and long tail. “Interesting timing for a storm.” Alkyone said simply.
Back to top Go down
Elementalbot
Admin
Elementalbot

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:36 pm

“Interesting timing for a storm.” said a strange voice.

Hekili's hair stood up on end, he wasn't expecting to be found so soon.

"You startled me!" He said as he turned around to see the water shinlai.

Releasing his breath from the scare, "I'm not fit for a fight but I can lend an elemental hand. Rain and Lightening can help you and the Light Shinlai. Lets just hope that the Elite and that other dark shinlai are stronger than Silas and that you're stronger than the water brother..."

He shifted uneasily.
"I sense Darius around...."

"If it comes to a fight.... I'm done for. "
Back to top Go down
http://elementalbot.deviantart.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Letting the darkness settle in on the trio of Shinlai, Silas turned to glance at his brother whom was staring into the stormy sky. Slowly, Denton turned to meet his brother's gaze, "This storm doesn't belong here," he said almost to himself, "someone moved it."

Silas growled, "Someone who doesn't want us here." But before he could speak again, another voice chimed in.

"Nobody ever wants us, son."

The shadows twisted as they began to form their father, Darius, his golden arrangments glistening as they caught subtle rays of sunlight in the canopy. His pale eyes glanced to the now shadowed clearing, the twisting and jumping silohette of the large Elite hidden within. He grinned as thunder cracked overhead, "Now it's my turn." Quietly turning and careful not to make any noise, Darius disappeared into the whirling shadows of the clearing.

Once Darius disappeared, Silas turned to his brother, "Agitate the storm, let's stir up some trouble." Unable to control his excitement, Denton began to laugh as he skirted off into the forest and towards the creek. Alone, Silas moved his attention back to the swirling mass of darkness. It's time that Elite learns you don't get in the way of the Kordeth family.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:10 pm

"You startled me!" The Shinlai said turning to face her.

She bobbed her head in a quick greeting, watching how the Shinlai reacted.

"I'm not fit for a fight but I can lend an Elemental hand. Rain and Lightening can help you and the Light Shinlai. Lets just hope that the Elite and that other Dark Shinlai are stronger than Silas and that you're stronger than the Water brother..." He explained quickly.

Alkyone shifted nervously from foot to foot disliking the idea of fighting the other Water Shinlai. She gritted her teeth in attempt to hide her nerves. “I’ll do my best but I don’t know how strong he is with his Element.”

The next thing he said made her blood run cold. ”I sense Darius around.”

Alkyone crouched low wanting to run and hide but her mothering instincts telling her to help the others.
“You stay low and don’t hesitate to run if Darius finds you.” Alkyone said before diving into the water heading for the light Shinlai and keeping aware that Denton maybe around...

(I’m off to bed. Back later! <3)
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:27 pm

As the rain began to pour, Rondun began to wonder just how natural it all was, "There must be an Air Shinlai in the area. But who are they trying to help?" The rain would be advantageous to the group if Lue knew how to manipulate lighting. But other than that, Denton would have the advantage of a water Shinlai in his element.

He didn't take the time to sniff the air to pinpoint anyone and confirm his suspicion. He didn't have it. Masking the oder of the other Shinlai around him and the now dampened earth, the evergrowing scent of Darius Kordeth was his only focus.

He could see some in the darkness, but since it was not natural or of his own making, he could not see well. Darius could be right behind him and he wouldn't even know it.
Back to top Go down
GiftToday
Curious Shinlai
GiftToday

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:17 pm

(Sorry! XD I'm in a different time zone than most, so I’ll tend to lag behind. >: I hope it won't affect anything too much.)

In all the chaos Lue stayed crouched low, tensed in a defensive posture. There were so many shinlais and so many elements. The light shinlai had been raised among others of the same element and had only recently decided to venture out. Everything was happening almost too fast for him to register.

And, as if that was not enough; just as Lue was about to announce that he was absolutely not fine, the thick grey clouds up above covered the last gaps of light, setting them into complete darkness.
Horrified, Lue looked up at the sky -desperately trying to adjust his eyes to the dark-, and there it was: Only a thin line at first but, in next to no time, long branches of blinding electricity erupted among the clouds, contrasting with the darkness. Horror vanished as the light shinlai’s eyes lit up with determination. He had an aim which was to master lightning, and here was his chance. He had to do it.

Believing in the best, Lue blocked out what was happening around him and stood as tall as he could. He opened his jaws wide, feeling the heat grow inside his chest. When the heat was too much to bear, an ear-ringing sound erupted from his throat. It sounded like the thunder after the lightning. And with that, a streak of lightning shot down from the sky, cutting a tree that was nearby in half.
The fact that the lightning didn’t hit anyone was purely beginner’s luck. Lue has yet to learn how to fully control where the lightning hit, but he was too far gone to realize that. He let out another thunderous growl, causing three more streaks of electricity shot down.

(Ffff, he just made things worse. >: )
Back to top Go down
http://gifttoday.deviantart.com
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:28 pm

++++++

Kordasai looked at the darkness, forgetting no one else could see in it like he and all Dark shinlai could.
"Yes--I see just fine," he spoke, replying to the Elite.

"Elder--You better take on the puppet master here. I prefer not to fight... It makes negotiations difficult on both sides," he suspected the Elite had not heard of him, or his purpose to bring the sides together. But it seemed the two were fighting regardless... The impossible task of calming the fires was about to turn to him alone.

"Dark Ones--This does not have to come to a fight. We can surely sit over a stuck pig or some nice catches of fish---" He offered the Shinlai attempting to confuse the others.
Kordasai was not at all taken back, a roar to him was normal, being raised by the dark ones he knew the technique well and was trained not to respond to such tactics.

"Lets take the intensity down a notch," he yelled, mostly referring to the Elite next to him and the scared Lue.

The rain gave the darkness a wet depth which while difficult to see in was still lovely.
++++++
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:20 pm

Rondun chuckled silently to himself at the thought of Darius and the Elites coming to any kind of peace agreement. "Just what rock did he crawl out from under?" The feud between the Kordeth family and the Elites had been something that went back years and years. It was not going to be resolved by some kind of peace dinner. The younger dark Shinlai's heart was in the right place, but this was something different entirely. The Elite allowed the comment to fall on deaf ears.

A loud boom and a bright flash resonated behind the two of them as the light Shinlai, Lue began to manipulate lightning from the storm overhead. But something wasn't right. As Rondun studied the small Shinlai in the darkness, he realized that Lue has had absolutely no experience with the offensive end of the element of light. With a shudder and a crash, the sounds of a tree in the surrounding forest being obliterated by the light Shinlai's inexperience could be heard from within the dancing shadows. Another flash erupted from Lue, the results of which could be heard falling to the ground around them.

Rondun gritted his teeth in agitation, Who does he think he's helping if he has no control over his element?

But he let it slip. The dark shinlai turned in the direction of the trees in which the brothers had disappeared into and began to conjure up an attack of his own. If Lue was going to get them all killed and Kordasai was going to let them be killed regardless, he had to be the one to get them out of it. Lucky for him, his friend Silas had supplied him with just about enough dark energy to topple the entire tree line. "It's time the Kordeths come out of hiding."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 9:12 am

His gold claws scrapped the wet earth as the lightning struck the forest around him, but he moved unfased. His pale eyes watching the Shinlai as they unsucessfully tried to see in the darkness. Darius understood that the Elite knew he was here, but it was obvious that he didn't know exactly where.

"It's time the Kordeths come out of hiding."

Turning to face the back of the Elite, another flash of lightning struck the earth, iluminating the darkness for a mere second. Feeling the energy of another strike only mere moments away, Darius crouched low to the earth, baring his teeth as he growled, "You first."

Hearing him, the Elite spun around, and just as he did so, Darius sprung, forelegs extended with claws ready to rip at the throat of Rondun. His body colided into him, throwing the two of them into the ground, knocking the wind out of Rondun who was unprepared for the sudden attack.

The darkness vanished as the two hit the ground, the rain growing more intense with every passing second as Darius released his grip on the Elite and bounded away from him as the Elite brought himself to stand.

Facing his opponent on the opposite side of the clearing, Darius threw his head back in laughter, "Oh, how I wish Adlai was here." His mood suddenly changed to a more frightening tone, his teeth gleaming as he growled, "There's no hope for you now!"

In a fliud motion, Darius reared, arching his neck as he held his mouth agape, a black mass forming in front of his mouth as an erie screech filled the air. The elite let out an montrous roar as he charged forth, the two meeting just as Darius threw his head forth, the black mass erupting into a pillar black flames that engulfed the charging Elite.
Back to top Go down
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Catching Rondun off guard, a familiar growl sounded behind him, "You first."

Whirling around to meet Darius, the Elite imediately went into a defensive crouch as the other hurled himself in his direction. As the two collided, Rondun could feel Darius sink his teeth into his left shoulder at the base of his neck. Missing his throat, but placing a potentially poisonous bite too close to his heart for comfort. The impact threw Rondun off his feet, his opponent's gold tipped claws raking his side. The two came to the ground with a thud. Leaving Rondun gasping for breath as the weight of the impact and that of his enemy knocked the wind right out of his lungs.

Then, just as swiftly as the attack had happened, Darius released Rondun and leaped away. Allowing the tall Elite to rise to his feet with a grunt and face him head on. "He's toying with me." Rondun growled at the thought of his opponent trying to wear him down. Only then did he note the dispersement of the shadows. With the exception of Silas, Denton, and the newcomers, they were now all back out in the open.

Rondun locked eyes with his opponent as Darius lined himself up on the opposite end of the clearing. He heard the Shinlai laugh and exclaim, "Oh, how I wish Adlai was here."

"Sorry for the inconvenience," Rondun grinned, "I guess you'll have to deal with me."

The opposing dark Shinlai then took on an appearance characteristic to his vain presence as he stated in an ominous voice, "There's no hope for you now!"

With that, Rondun watched as Darius rose up on his hindquarters and let out a menacing screech, drawing forth a mass of Dark energy infront of his gaping maul. The Elite didn't like where this was going and he could not let it escalate much further. With a terrifying roar, he elected to meet his opponent's challenge head on, and began to charge across the clearing.

As he neared Darius Kordeth's raised figure, Rondun leapt through the air aiming to take his opponent down before he had the chance to strike. But just as he raised his arm, a charge of dark energy coursing through his veins and in between his fingers in preparation to knock the opposing dark Shinlai to the ground, Darius lurched his neck forward breathed out a dark inferno, ingullfing Rondun in its wake. Rondun had no choice but to use the charge to part the flames of the attack sending them slithering around his lenthy frame, as momentum carried him into his opponent.

Just as the energy stored in his arm began to wear, the dark Elite swung his arm and raked his claws across the side of Darius's face, catching his mask in his grasp and bringing Kordeth to the ground under his weight. Breaking off his opponent's attack.

The larger dark Shinlai had Darius pinned, with his weight centered on his front legs, his left forepaw pinning down the opposing Shinlai's neck, and his right pushing down hard on his ribs. "It's good to see you too, Darius," Rondun smiled, a menacing glimmer in his eyes, the rain-muffled scent of his singed fur lingering on the air, "I too am sorry Adlai could not join in on the fun."

He hoped intimidation would hide his weakening state. The infectious teeth marks on his shoulder sending a sharp throng of pain down his left side.
Back to top Go down
Silas
Admin
Silas

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Silas looked around trying to determin everyone's location. Soon his eyes landed on Rondun. He saw his father pinned under the wieght of the mighty elite. His body filled with rage, darkness ebbing around his form. Suddenly he let out an enraged roar that echoed through the clearing. He charged for Rondun's side, knocking him off his father and pinning him down. He just stared down at him infuriated, breathing shakily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ   Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my!  NKZ - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold Claws, Mohawks, and Kordeths, Oh my! NKZ
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next