Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Thick as Thieves

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Thick as Thieves - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:40 am

"So guess. Why not? Not telling, simply because you haven't before, is a terrible reason." He said, before becoming distracted by the mask.

“I haven’t told anyone before because of the problems that with arise with it. Maybe not problems to you. But they’re problems to me.” She explained, her voice getting quieter towards the end. She mumbled incoherent words to herself and rubbed her forehead.

"Why not a trade? A secret of yours for a secret of mine. We'll not utter a word of it to another soul." He suggested. Iapto looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

“What makes you think I’m interested in your secrets?” She asked with a slight chuckle. She flopped onto her back with a sigh and stared up at the sky, which was beginning to darken. She pondered to herself for a couple of minutes. “Alright then.” She said slowly. “Alright.” She said almost silently. “You first.” She added, a little louder.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:51 pm

(Replying to this soon! I need to fix Volpe's relatively boring backstory and give him some secrets~ I should have thought of this earlier before he offered XDDD No matter~ he needs a more interesting history anyways.)
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 am

Volpe wrote:
(Replying to this soon! I need to fix Volpe's relatively boring backstory and give him some secrets~ I should have thought of this earlier before he offered XDDD No matter~ he needs a more interesting history anyways.)

((LOL why do you think I was stalling her secret? I've just frantically typed out hers xD ))
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:02 pm

(Alright! I got it! I added a few more scars on Volpe's face so just... roll with it XD I'm *finally* making him a ref sheet!)

“I haven’t told anyone before because of the problems that with arise with it. Maybe not problems to you. But they’re problems to me.”

"Problems like what? Isolation? Resentment? Maybe even hatred?" Volpe smiled... a very sad smile, like he knew what he was talking about. He waved a paw absently, "Or perhaps your problems are just different than mine."

“What makes you think I’m interested in your secrets?”

"I truly can not understand why you wouldn't be." Volpe chuckled as well, "Have you no sense of curiosity? " Volpe tilted his head (he tended to do that quite often). Volpe frowned slightly, he really- truly - could not fathom not being interested in another's secrets. He just naturally felt the need to stick his nose into everyone else's business.

“Alright then.”

"Sorry?"

“Alright.”

Volpe grinned.

“You first.”

"What? That's hardly fair." Volpe frowned, he doubted Iapto would change her mind. "Fine." Volpe paused. "Did I mention how I was blinded? I don't think I've told you, it's not something that usually comes up in a normal conversation." Volpe shrugged, "Either way, when I was younger, I had just learned to "concentrate" light. I tried to take the light from the sun and hold it between my paws. It was like looking at a miniature sun, right between my paws, and it had the same effect too." Volpe let a small orb of light roll around his the palm of one paw like a marble. "My secret, is that I was blinded before that, in this eye." Volpe gestured to his left eye. "It's actually part of the reason why I'm... generally unfriendly to humans at first- to put it lightly. All these scars," He traced a couple around his eye. They were small, some were dots almost, others were long, messy scratches. "These I got from when a human chucked his empty beer bottle at my face. I was just a pup. You haven't felt pain until you've had glass in your eye."

Volpe shrugged, "It's probably like your problem. No one knows it, except myself. It doesn't necessarily cause problems with others, but problems for myself. It's why I hate your kind."

(I think that's a decent secret XD )
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:26 pm

"What? That's hardly fair." Volpe objected. Iapto raised her eyebrow, did he want to know her secret or not?

"Did I mention how I was blinded? I don't think I've told you, it's not something that usually comes up in a normal conversation." Volpe shrugged.

‘Well no, you tend to growl if the blind things mentioned.’ She thought with a roll of her eyes.

"Either way, when I was younger, I had just learned to "concentrate" light. I tried to take the light from the sun and hold it between my paws. It was like looking at a miniature sun, right between my paws, and it had the same effect too. My secret, is that I was blinded before that, in this eye.It's actually part of the reason why I'm... generally unfriendly to humans at first- to put it lightly. All these scars, these I got from when a human chucked his empty beer bottle at my face. I was just a pup. You haven't felt pain until you've had glass in your eye." He explained, gesturing to his eye and rolling a marble of light around.

"It's probably like your problem. No one knows it, except myself. It doesn't necessarily cause problems with others, but problems for myself. It's why I hate your kind." He shrugged.

Iapto sat in silence for a moment, studying his scars. She had noticed them, just not mentioned them, the history of scars was often a touchy one. She had many of her own. And none that she enjoyed talking about.

“Give me your paw.” She said standing up and walking over to kneel in front of him. She took his paw before he could object and raised it to her face. Carefully running it over the scar cutting through her eye. It was thick and raise, she knew he’d be able to feel it. “I know how metal feels. So I can imagine what glass feels like.” She said, letting go of his paw and sitting back on her heels.

“That’s not my secret. But it’s part of it.” She started. “You know by now that I was brought up by Shinlai. That upbringing affected me in ways my adoptive dad couldn’t imagine. He taught me about masks, elements, Daila and the Revolution. All he knew. And that put me on a different mindset to other humans. My body might be human, but my soul is Shinlai.” She said, feeling awkward. “I have a fascination with mask, because I have more chance of getting a mask than ever getting an element. And after I got that scar, I became even more infatuated with them. They’re a way to show yourself, not your looks, but your personality. People would accept me better if they couldn’t see the scars. They see them, and they ask questions. A mask would hide the scars and stop the questions.” She finished.

“You’re not the only one who hate’s my kind.” She said quietly. She sighed quietly, and avoided eye contact. Feeling ashamed and embarrassed about how she felt. If she hadn’t gotten split off from the troupe. She would have been fine, she’d have been normal. But that would mean, she wouldn’t have met Echo... She winced and turned her head away from Volpe, actually feeling her heart tug at the thought.

(How's that for a secret ;D)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:12 am

“Give me your paw.”

"What?" Volpe automatically withdrew his paw but Iapto quickly took it in her hands. Volpe felt his guided paw brush against her skin, and recognized it instantly as her face. He made a map of it in his head and, judging by what he felt, she was rather beautiful. "Oh..." He murmured softly with surprise when his paw came upon a thick raised ridge, a scar. It ran right through her eye on a slant and down to her jaw. He was surprised, she was probably just as blind in that eye as he was.

“I know how metal feels. So I can imagine what glass feels like.”

Metal... it had to be from a knife or sword. Whatever it was, it had cut deep. Iapto let go of his paw and he tucked it back under himself.

“That’s not my secret. But it’s part of it.” She started. “You know by now that I was brought up by Shinlai. That upbringing affected me in ways my adoptive dad couldn’t imagine. He taught me about masks, elements, Daila and the Revolution. All he knew. And that put me on a different mindset to other humans. My body might be human, but my soul is Shinlai.”

Volpe felt honestly sorry for Iapto. He couldn't imagine what it was like to be... alienated from one's own kind.

“I have a fascination with mask, because I have more chance of getting a mask than ever getting an element. And after I got that scar, I became even more infatuated with them. They’re a way to show yourself, not your looks, but your personality. People would accept me better if they couldn’t see the scars. They see them, and they ask questions. A mask would hide the scars and stop the questions.”

Volpe hadn't thought of that before. A way not to show your looks, but your personality. He hadn't thought scars would separate someone that much either. Volpe was awfully nosey, but some humans just downright didn't care about what they said. He could imagine Iapto was asked far too many questions.

“You’re not the only one who hate’s my kind.”

Volpe looked sadly at Iapto. That was truly a terrible secret, and Volpe had heard many secrets. He didn't say anything for several minutes, let the silence stretch between them. He wanted to suggest that maybe she could still where a mask, a different kind. A colored scarf maybe? He sensed this wasn't the right time though. Nothing could really be said at all. No words could comfort a feeling like that.

Volpe sighed, and raised his nose, sniffing the air. It smelled like rain was on the way. "I'm traveling around Elashia, I don't really have anywhere to go, or to be in particular. Do you?" It was a completely different topic, but Volpe had something on his mind he wanted to ask her.

(That secret puts Volpe's secret to shame X] )
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:35 pm

The awkward silence dragged on, Iapto still looking anywhere but at Volpe, and fiddling with her leather gauntlets again. A sigh and movement from Volpe made her glance up. He was sniffing the air, making Iapto look up at the sky. Dark clouds were looming. Rain. She smiled to herself, she liked the rain. However that meant the fire would go out quicker. She looked around scanning the clearing for suitable pieces of wood.

"I'm travelling around Elashia, I don't really have anywhere to go, or to be in particular. Do you?" Volpe asked abruptly.

Iapto breathed a sigh of relief, glad for the topic change. “No I don’t. I tend to go to Tieto quite a bit though. And anywhere in the east. Tend to avoid the north and west though.” She said, frowning at the memories of those two rough areas. “Why’d you ask?” she enquired, looking up at him.

(Short post again! I need to work on them XD)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:25 pm

“No I don’t. I tend to go to Tieto quite a bit though. And anywhere in the east. Tend to avoid the north and west though. Why’d you ask?”

"It's never good to travel alone." Volpe grinned, letting the implication hang for a moment. "I'm going no where, and neither are you. We've benefitted eachother so far, when we're not at eachother's throats, why not travel together?"

He felt a few raindrops and sent a dirty glare up at the sky. "I would travel much faster if only I could see where I was going, and chances are I can cover more ground than you can in a day. If you need more reasons I can give them." Volpe looked back at Iapto, "Although honestly I wouldn't mind the company either."

(And yet another short post!)
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 3:03 pm

"It's never good to travel alone." Volpe said with a grin.

Iapto’s eyebrows slowly rose. Was he suggesting what she thought he was?

"I'm going nowhere, and neither are you. We've benefitted each other so far, when we're not at each other's throats, why not travel together?" he suggested. Shooting a glare at the sky as rain began to speckle the ground. "I would travel much faster if only I could see where I was going, and chances are I can cover more ground than you can in a day. If you need more reasons I can give them. Although honestly I wouldn't mind the company either." He finished.

Iapto stared at him blankly for a moment, blinking as a few raindrops poked her eye. “The only problem I see with is when we are each other's throats...” She said, leaning back on one hand. “That and some of my contacts might not be too impressed with you.” She added with a smirk. “One of them defiantly wouldn’t like you...” She tacked on slowly, with a faint frown. She highly doubted that Echo would appreciate her turning up with Volpe in tow. She thought to herself for another few moments, “Alright then, I’ll travel with you, maybe not alllll the time. But sure.” She said.

She blinked and shook her head as the rain started coming down heavier. “We need to find shelter. We’ll get soaked if we don’t move.” She said, looking up at the now dark sky.

((Does Iapto have a pet now? :B ))
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:57 pm

“The only problem I see with is when we are each other's throats...”

"Don't tick me off and I won't bother you." Volpe thought. "I don't understand what's so hard to get about that."

“That and some of my contacts might not be too impressed with you.” She added with a smirk. “One of them defiantly wouldn’t like you...”

Volpe rolled his eyes and put a paw dramatically over his heart, "You wound me with your cruel cruel words." He smirked, "But honestly, do you really think I care if I'm liked or not? Besides, when did you have 'contacts'? What the hell is a 'contact'? I mean, *I* have contacts, but I would assume that's completly different."

“We need to find shelter. We’ll get soaked if we don’t move.”

"Shelter being...?" Volpe stood up, shaking some of the leaves and dirt out of his coat. "I don't know of any caves around the area but if you do then lead on. I highly doubt these trees are thick enough to ward off rain. I've felt a few drops already."

(Pfft- Volpe clearly would be the best pet ever /sarcasm/ XD )
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 pm

"You wound me with your cruel, cruel words.” He said putting a paw over his heart “But honestly, do you really think I care if I'm liked or not? Besides, when did you have 'contacts'? What the hell is a 'contact'? I mean, *I* have contacts, but I would assume that's completely different." He said.

“I know people that know people, surely ‘contact’ is generally the same meaning, no matter who uses it?” Iapto said. “Although I do tend to call to the close contacts ‘friends’. Lots of friends, even more contacts.” She said with a grin.

"Shelter being...? I don't know of any caves around the area but if you do then lead on. I highly doubt these trees are thick enough to ward off rain. I've felt a few drops already." Volpe said standing up with a shake.

Iapto too climbed to her feet, gathering her things and kicking dirt over the fire embers. “No, I know better.” She said with a grin. “Although... It’s kinda risky. And we’ll have to be quiet.” She said, her voice trailing off towards the end. She slung the deer skin over one shoulder. “There was a barn, right on the edge of the town, looked pretty abandoned...” She mused.

(Whose a cute little volpey wolpey *huggles*)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 10:26 pm

“I know people that know people, surely ‘contact’ is generally the same meaning, no matter who uses it?”

Volpe shrugged, "I suppose." To him, contacts where others to take advantage of. He somehow doubted that Iapto had the same definition of "contact" as he did. Whatever floats the boat.

“Although I do tend to call to the close contacts ‘friends’. Lots of friends, even more contacts.”

Volpe frowned, why did he feel like that was some kind of dig at having no friends? Volpe couldn't decide, so he didn't retort.

“No, I know better. Although... It’s kinda risky. And we’ll have to be quiet. There was a barn, right on the edge of the town, looked pretty abandoned...."

"Sounds good. What's that saying...? The theif always return to the scene of the crime? It's appropriate, that's for sure." Volpe sat back on his haunches and fixed his mask back on his head, sliding and clipping it into the piercings. "I need to find a new way to carry this. A bag to sling over my back or something." Volpe stood again.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:46 am

Iapto spotted his frown and gave her eyes a slight roll. Believe it or not, she wasn’t always finding new way to have a dig at him.

"Sounds good. What's that saying...? The theif always return to the scene of the crime? It's appropriate, that's for sure." Volpe said fixing his mask back on.

“I prefer ‘the closer you are to danger, the further you are from harm.’” She said with a grin.

"I need to find a new way to carry this. A bag to sling over my back or something." He said standing.

“I could carry it for you if you want. Or next time I see a stall with bags I’ll buy one big enough.”

She said cheerfully. Starting to head away through the forest, aiming in the rough direction of the old barn she had seen. The rain was beginning to get heavier, making her regret that she hadn’t put her coat on before they started walking. She grumbled, glancing up at the sky to see how much darker it had gotten, she couldn’t see much through the trees, but what she could see, was mainly heavy rain clouds.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:05 am

“I prefer ‘the closer you are to danger, the further you are from harm.’”

Volpe could hear the grin spread on her face through her voice, and it managed to coax a smile from him. "I've never heard that expression in my life. It makes no sense whatsoever." Volpe chuckled, "Care to explain?"

“I could carry it for you if you want. Or next time I see a stall with bags I’ll buy one big enough.”

Volpe shook his head slightly, "No, but thank you. I'm aware, although it seems light to me, that it's probably much heavier to you. As for that bag..." Volpe paused for a moment, thinking about it, "I can't accept that you pay for it, but if one happens to slip into your possesion than I'll gladly take it off your hands." Volpe laughed softly.

Volpe trotted after Iapto, making sure to step in the general area Iapto did. It was much easier to walk when he knew there was little or nothing blocking his way. He knew Iapto's pattern of walking, whenever she took a step longer than usual Volpe was careful to make sure a log or root wasn't in his way. Most of the time he just followed. (B'aaaaw- he's like a puppy XD )

Volpe growled low to himself and sent another glare up at the coulds, and ended up with a raindrop falling right in his eye. He shook his coat out. "Does it look like it's going to downpour or just a general rainfall...?" He really didn't want it to be a pouring rain. Almost as soon as the words were out of his mouth the clouds opened up and started to pour. Volpe growled again, louder, "Daila hates me... I'm certain of it."

Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:26 pm

"I've never heard that expression in my life. It makes no sense whatsoever. Care to explain?" Volpe said with a chuckle.

Iapto grinned. “If people are looking for you. The last place they’ll look, is where the crime happen.” She said with a shrug. “Also the fact if you stick close to their ‘base’ they wont look there.” She added.

"No, but thank you. I'm aware, although it seems light to me, that it's probably much heavier to you. As for that bag... I can't accept that you pay for it, but if one happens to slip into your possesion than I'll gladly take it off your hands." He said with a slight laugh.

“I actually buy my belongings. You want a decent bag that wont rip or fall apart? Buy it, don’t steal it. You show them how much money you have, they’ll get the best bag they have.” Iapto said with a grin. “I’ve had this rucksack since I first started travelling, which is about nine years, maybe more?” Iapto shrugged.

"Does it look like it's going to downpour or just a general rainfall...? Daila hates me... I'm certain of it." Volpe said, just as the heavens opened and released its load.

Iapto could help but laugh, looking up to the sky and pulling her now soaking hair out of her face. “Daila doesn’t hate yooou.” She said cheerfully. “Rain does though.” She added with a chirp. Up ahead she could see the shape of a large building. “I can see the barn! Come on!” She said with a grin, starting to trot through the thinning forest.

((Told you he’d be a good pet XD ))
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:45 pm

“If people are looking for you. The last place they’ll look, is where the crime happen. Also the fact if you stick close to their ‘base’ they wont look there.”

Volpe nearly laughed out loud. That had to be the worst bit of logic he'd heard all day. Well, at least in any other case. It was probably fine to apply to them because of the chase they had led most of the inhabitants of the town on. They would probably be skimming the edges of the woods soon, that is if the rain didn't send them back.

“I actually buy my belongings. You want a decent bag that wont rip or fall apart? Buy it, don’t steal it. You show them how much money you have, they’ll get the best bag they have.” Iapto said with a grin. “I’ve had this rucksack since I first started traveling, which is about nine years, maybe more?”

"Nine years? You started when... 16?" Volpe asked, doing some quick math in his head. She said she was 25 now, assuming she left home and began traveling right away that would mean she left home at 16. "Not that much different from me," He said thoughtfully.

"Daila doesn’t hate you. Rain does though.” She chirped, her voice sickeningly cheerful. “I can see the barn! Come on!”

Volpe didn't bother keeping pace as Iapto jogged towards the barn but rather sprinted ahead, slowing when he felt the trees completely end at the tree-line as the ground below turned into soft, grassy, farmland. He approached the barn carefully and once he reached it he ran one paw along the edge, looking for the seam where the doors was. Quickly finding it, he pushed the door open wider and slipped in.

It was warm and dry, the air heavy with the scent of alfalfa hay. He shook the water from his pelt, and tried to squeeze out some from his weeping tail, not that it did much good. He shook his coat two or three times, trying to rid every drop of water from his fur. He was practically soaked despite how short they were in the rain- it was really coming down hard.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 pm

"Nine years? You started when... 16? Not that much different from me." Volpe said thoughtfully.

“17. I think. I’m either 25 or 26. I can’t be bothered to keep track.” She said. She laughed as Volpe bolted past towards the barn. Surprised he didn’t bounce off the side either. She took her time getting there, she wasn’t in any rush and the rain was cool and refreshing on her skin.

Reaching the barn doors she chucked her backpack in as well as the deer skin, and stood out in the rain for a moment. Closing her eyes and tilting her head towards the sky and dragging her hair out of her face. She reached back and undid the long braid hanging down her back, running her fingers through it to remove any knots. Once satisfied her hair was knot free, she turned and headed into the barn, shunting her bag to one side with a foot and flinging the deer skin over a low beam for it to dry.

“Ohh lovely!” She said cheerfully, bouncing past a soaking Volpe and jumping into a large pile of hay and straw. She practically burrowed into it before rolling onto her back and tucking her hands behind her head, staring up at the rafters and listing to the rain. “A bit of rain never hurt anyone.” She said in Volpe’s rough direction. “I can understand not liking rivers, but rain’s nothing.” She said calmly, closing her eyes, a smile still on her face.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:56 am

“Ohh lovely!”

Volpe turned his head when he heard her leap into the pile of hay. "That's all going to stick to your wet clothes and you'll never get it out." Always the downer. "Not to mention tangle your hair. Have fun getting those knots out." Volpe had just finished getting his own knots out of his tail. He was finally satisfied that it was at least mostly dry, and steadily ran his claws through it. Water made his longer fur twist and snarl like a grove of thorns.

“A bit of rain never hurt anyone. I can understand not liking rivers, but rain’s nothing.”

"Rain is an annoyance at the least." Volpe's claws got stuck in a particularly bad snarl, he spent a moment teasing it out. "Besides, rain can harm. It can... cause sickness, flood-" Volpe gave up and ripped the particularly stubborn knot out. "-and ruin formerly well-kept fur."

Volpe pushed some hay over to wear he was, and lay down on it. He rested his head between his paws and sighed. Hopefully the rain would stop by morning. It was... probably a bit past 7. Last time he'd checked the sun's position in the sky it was about 6-ish. Always knowing where the greatest source of light in the sky was is a supringsinly accurate way to tell time.

Volpe started practicing his element absentmindedly. Well, playing with it was a more appropriate term. Volpe had birds of bright white light flitting about the barn, little trails of light marking where they went, like when you waved a glowstick around.

(WOOORK. Y U GIVE ME NO TIME FOR RP?)
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 pm

"That's all going to stick to your wet clothes and you'll never get it out. Not to mention tangle your hair. Have fun getting those knots out." Volpe gripped.

“Eehhhh I don’t care.” Iapto said with a large shrug. She glanced over at him and smirked as he struggled to get the knots out his tail. ‘Pot kettle black.’ She thought to herself.

"Rain is an annoyance at the least. Besides, rain can harm. It can... cause sickness, flood-and ruin formerly well-kept fur." Volpe continued griping and moaning.

“Well they shouldn’t build on flood plains then!” Iapto retorted smartly, she’d seen a village get flooded before, just because they didn’t think about where to build. “Anyway it’s easy enough to prepare for those thin-” She stopped abruptly, and stared with her mouth slightly open, as a small group of glowing white birds flew around the barn. Their light leaving trials behind them.

((Why am I in so many Rp's? XD))
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:46 pm

“Well they shouldn’t build on flood plains then!”

"What about besides rivers and lakes? Swamps for that matter! Tons of places can swamp." Volpe glanced at her and rolled his eyes. Never mind, there was no arguing. He fiddled with his mask again, audibly grinding his teeth in frustration. He really should get this looked at, there was probably something wrong with the way the piercings in his mouth lined up with the ones in the mask. He finally slid it off and pushed it aside.

“Anyway it’s easy enough to prepare for those thin-”

Volpe raised his head slightly at her sudden stop mid-sentence. "Something wrong?" He questioned.

(Bleh- short post D: )
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:51 pm

Iapto didn’t bother replying to his comment about swamps. Instead she distracted herself by watching the birds. "Something wrong?" Volpe asked.

She glanced at him briefly. He had taken his mask off and was looking at her, slightly confused. “Nah. I’m fine.” She said distractedly, looking up at the birds again. She pouted slightly, jealous of his ability. Although she had decided that if she was a Shinlai, she’d be a dark Shinlai. That would help a heck of a lot with stealing...

“Something up with you mask?” She asked. “Or are you just fed up of wearing it again?” She questioned.

(MINI POST TIME)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:31 pm

"Nah. I'm fine."

Volpe tilted his head, but shrugged and let it go. He glanced up, looking at the birds. He was able to see where they were, or rather sense them, a strong concentration of light like that was sort of like turning a flashlight on in the dark. The only thing he could see. "You know, sometimes I think Light is the most useless element of them all. I mean- it's pretty. But limited."

“Something up with you mask?” She asked. “Or are you just fed up of wearing it again?”

"A little bit of both. I don't wear it when I sleep, or very much at all really. But I think there's something wrong with the piercings. They don't slide correctly and I have to use more force then I should. I need to take it too a metal worker or something. I think the piercings are rough, need to be smoothed down or something."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:44 pm

"You know, sometimes I think Light is the most useless element of them all. I mean- it's pretty. But limited." Volpe said, staring at the birds.

Iapto looked up at them again, trying not to get completely distracted again. Even then it took a moment for her to gather her words. “I’ve always thought Air was useless...” She said slowly, following the bird’s path with her eyes. “And how do you mean limited?” She asked, she always had idea about how the elements could be manipulated...

"A little bit of both. I don't wear it when I sleep, or very much at all really. But I think there's something wrong with the piercings. They don't slide correctly and I have to use more force then I should. I need to take it too a metal worker or something. I think the piercings are rough, need to be smoothed down or something." Volpe explained.

Iapto rolled onto her knee’s and wondered over to the mask, sitting down and picking it up to have a look at the clasps. Ignoring any grumbles Volpe might send her way. She pulled her bag over and took out another mask, the one Volpe hadn’t looked at, and she compared the clasps, from his to the other. “Clasps look wonky, or too widely spaced...” She said slowly. “Open your mouth so I can see your piercings.” She requested.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:16 pm

“I’ve always thought Air was useless...”

Volpe snorted, "Same. I've heard that you can fly with it, but honestly, how ridiculous would that be? Other than that I suppose you could... blow things away or something."

“And how do you mean limited?”

"Well, I can create pretty things. But it's not entirely useful. I can't actually do anything with it. Volpe hightened his concentration. He made the birds dissapear and in place, a likeness of himself stood beside him. It was a bit off though, the illusions anatomy was a bit strange in places. And his face was... smudged, for a lack of a better word. The colors were off slightly and he was missing some lighter markings. "That's the most use I can use Light for. To put to good use that is. I'm sure it looks off in a couple places though."

"Clasps look wonky, or too widely spaced... Open your mouth so I can see your piercings.”

Volpe opened his mouth to protest but thought against it and simple shrugged. He opened his mouth wide, displaying an impressive set of teeth along with his piercings.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Iapto’s face fell as the birds vanished, but tilted her head in interest as a Volpe look alike appeared. "That's the most use I can use Light for. To put to good use that is. I'm sure it looks off in a couple places though." Volpe said, before opening his mouth for her.

She peered at his piercings comparing the spacing to the clips in his mask. “Alright, you can close your mouth.” She said sitting back and fiddling with the clasps.

“Have you tried making the Light solid?” she asked, “Like if you make an orb, I’d be able to pass my hand through it. Try and make it so I can’t do that, so if I wanted I could grab it and throw it around.” She suggested, before pulling her knife out and using the pommel to tap a couple of clasps in line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thick as Thieves   Thick as Thieves - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thick as Thieves
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next