Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Nature anew

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Elledontyoudare
Pack Member
Elledontyoudare

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:52 pm

Maha-ra was anything but ordinary. But she liked to consider herself as the norm.

She took a few steps out the door, and she took a big breath of the wonderful fresh air and stared at the sky with her hands held out.

Content with herself, she patted her bow and took off towards her favorite area.

Maha loved to shoot her arrows, but she never she only carried it with her everywhere when she went wondering around. She was careful, and slightly pariniod, but this was mostly her instincts kicking in, she swiftly made her way threw the brush jumping over rocks and streams with little effort. Her white platnum hair flowed in the wind like a sea behind her as her movements made it seem as if it were a live.

And then she was there. Her instant happiness filled her smile as she made her way towards the small lake, and she sat on the rock.

She then leaned down and untied her mockasin boots and dropped them beside her. Maha shoved one foot out in front of her and lowered it into the water, then leaning her back agenst the rock, and the shade of the trees. She sat there only to listen to the sounds of nature, and the feel of the elements in between her toes.
Back to top Go down
http://elledontyoudare.deviantart.com
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:45 am

laying quietly on a large flat rock, Lynn hardly noticed the humans presence aside from the sudden flutter from a lone egret he had been watching. As the bird took to the skies in fear of the sudden intruder only Lynn's eyes moved to follow it, he sighed hoarsely, wishing he could follow it into the sky.

suddenly ripples in the water broke his musing and he picked his head up, following the gentle ripples with his eyes until they met a human by the water on the opposite side of the pool. he was about to speak when the air he drew in for the words hit a patch in his throat and caused a sudden, loud, and dry out burst of coughing.
Back to top Go down
http://zukuro.deviantart.com/
Elledontyoudare
Pack Member
Elledontyoudare

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:24 am

Maha jerked up at the sudden burst of hacks from the large best. her stare went straight towards the opposite side of the water, and her expression soften as she saw the beautiful Shinlai.

"Oh, Hello there, I hope I wasn't bothering you." she smiled. Her dark skin contrasted agents her skin as her eyes glowed with happiness. She then got confertable again and leaned back agents her rock, making a swirly motion with her toe in the water.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:55 am

(Greeting fellow new rper hi names wyco mind if I join)

Jagter was walking to a stream he stopped short seeing a platium haired lady who was sat atop some rocks. "I've never seen that lady before what strange looking hair." Jagter was so dazzled by the woman's hair he nearly didn't notice the shinlai in the water.
"I should go introduce myself to so as to not look rude." Jagter walked toward the woman "Hey I'm Jagter what's your name?" He blurted out...
Back to top Go down
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Lynn cleared his throat briefly and shook his head. 'oh, no, my throat isa bit dry, I meant to say Hello." he wheezed.
standing up the lean Shinlai shook his fur a bit and waded gently into the water, he was a little over warmed from the sun and needed to cool down a tad before his eyes burned. he gently sloshed himself into the cool water and dunked his head under for a moment before standing up. instead of shaking the water off he enveloped himself in a veil of flames to dry.

Lynn stepped up onto a rock near the stranger and squinted his eyes in the bright light.

before he could speak again a new voice caught Lynn's attention. he turned with a low rumble in his chest, he was a bit irked at not one but two strangers all at once but he wasn't about to be rude, though the male had been a tad impudent of Lynn, his demeanor was more of a tired slouch and he ignored the likely unintentional error.

"My name is Lyndercote, but you may call me Lynn" he said hoarsely before turning to the new stranger. "hello." he wheezed with a few short puff coughs.
Back to top Go down
Elledontyoudare
Pack Member
Elledontyoudare

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Maha Smiled at the Shinlai, and her head tilted slightly. She was about to introduce herself when a louder voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Ah, Hello there too." She turned to the Beats in front of her and smiled again and then stood up. "My name is Maha-ra Ellexanor, but everyone just calls me Maha, I'm new around here."

Her chocolate brown eyes sparkled as she ran her hand through her hair, Then allowing it to fall agents her back.

"Its a beautiful day isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Upon seeing Lyndercote dry himself with flames Jagter knew that Lyndercote was a fire shinlai "Uhh.....yeah hi Lyndercote."Jatger hastly said "Maha is it?" he pause "thats a real ununsal name where are you from?" Though Jagter wasn't trying to ignore Lyndercote
Jagter's curiousity of Maha's white hair because it was so unusual as he'd only saw old people with white hair though never on a young person...
Back to top Go down
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Lynn blew a heavy puff through his nose, a short puff of hot smoke came out as he turned, he nodded politely to Maha and with an 'accidental' swish of his tail he flicked the obtuse male human's nose with a few silky hairs. the way a horse swishes at a fly.

while usually patient and polite, Lynn's poor social skills let him handle things poorly. He felt stepped on and offended, but instead of causing a ruckus he decided he would simply leave until the human found his manners.
He pulled his shoulders high in a proud posture and started to limp off.
Back to top Go down
Elledontyoudare
Pack Member
Elledontyoudare

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Maha blinked a few times at the other human's boldness, then instantly became defensive. "Hay wait Lyn. I'm sure he means no harm." She spoke calmly and soft. and turned from the human to the frail Shinlai. She then began to put her boots back on.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Jagter covered his face and wondered why the shinlai swished it's tail in his face then suddenly realized that he offend the shinlai "Ah sorry where are my manners I'm Jagter a hunter by trade; please forgive my manners they're not the best." "See I've been on these trails quite much and I must say..." Jagter pauses
"Maha you said your name ,was your hair color is very ununsal I've never seen it on anyone at all on any person in all my life it just seem so strange." "Forgive me Lyndercote I wasn't trying to ignore you sorry for any offense."
Back to top Go down
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:09 pm

when Maha called after him Lynn paused, he rally didn't feel like leaving just yet, his leg was still stiff from his nap but his plan worked and he turned his head with a raised brow. "accepted" he said as he about faced and sat down, he sat on his left thigh and let his braced leg sprawl a bit.
"I should be used to it, but I'm a bit proud"

he looked at Maha and noted her unusually pale hair but noted the yellow hue. such a light blonde was indeed uncommon.
Back to top Go down
Elledontyoudare
Pack Member
Elledontyoudare

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Maha smiled as the Shinlai sat back down in the grass. She noticed the brace, and was going to comment on it when she stopped herself. she could tell it was a old injury, and she was sure he had been asked the same question about it for years. She turned her attention back to the boy and smiled at him, for his apology. Then she noticed that all eyes were on her.

"Um, well I guess its unusual". She finally answered everyone's question. She grabbed one of the ponytails that where tied to the back and looked at her hair. For years she was told how unusual her hair was. and how uncommon it was. But to Maha, it was normal. Even though she was the only in her village that had hair of the likes. She still considered herself average.
She looked worried at the Shinlai resting but tried to ignore it.

"My parents hair are brown, mines just... different." She smiled, then she looked at Jagter. "Whats your weapon of choice?"

Although Maha wasn't very interested in hunting, she was very good with her bow. She was considered one of the guys back at her village. But her knowledge in weapons and fascination with them made her seem as if she was indeed a hunter.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:21 pm

"My weapon of choice?" Jagter thought for a moment "Depends on the game crossbow and sword for large game; dagger and traps for small game." he stated.
"although I also carry a shield with me too its quite useful." Jagter was quite surprised she'd ask about his weapon prefance "So if you don't mind if I ask what are you doing in the woods all by yourself?" He asked with concern. "Its kind dangerous by yourself I saw bear tracks a few leagues back it looks like they where made last night."
Back to top Go down
Elledontyoudare
Pack Member
Elledontyoudare

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 pm

"I see."Maha shifted her wait to pick up her bow. Im good with this. she smiled. and looked towards Lyn. "I'm not alone. Lyn and I have just been taking in the elements. I'm sure we are safe." Maha wasnt one to worry about stuff like that she believed that if its ment to happen then it should. She was one that reacted when the problems surfaced. not before.
Back to top Go down
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:02 pm

his lips where tugged into a smile at Maha's reply, he was not one to imply a lady was a 'damsel in distress' he liked it when women could hold their own, he couldn't help but feel a little appreciative to her for including him.

he gave a horse laugh and it quickly turned into another coughing fit.

"ahem, pardon me..." he said as he cleared his throat. "I'm sure even if two bears where to attack the two of us we would be fine, I'm sure I look like a fragile old man but I'm actually quite capable of taking care of myself."
Back to top Go down
Elledontyoudare
Pack Member
Elledontyoudare

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Maha took a few steps towards Lyn, her fear for his health Kept growing. but she noticed how his expression did not change. And it made her seem as if he was used it the coughing fits. She then put her hands on her hips. "Of course, and I may be a lady but I can deal a punch she raised her fist the way wrestlers did." Of course Maha didn't know a lick of self defense and would probably be powerless without her bow. But she was convenceing and proud.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Jagter watched Maha picked up her bow and said "I'm good with this." and smiled and said "I'm not alone Lyn and I have just been taking in the elements. I'm sure we are safe." Maha said. Seeing Lyn suddenly begin having coughing fit or so it seemed to jagter "Are you okay?" he said with concern looking at Maha and seeing she wasn't so concerned he figure it wasn't serious. "I'm sure even if two bears where to attack the two of us we would be fine, I'm sure I look like a fragile old man but I'm actually quite capable of taking care of myself." Lyn said. "Of course, and I may be a lady but I can deal a punch ." Maha added "I'm sure you can." Jagter chuckled "Well that's good to know your aren't alone." Jagter pointed to the bow "How good are you with that bow?"
Back to top Go down
Elledontyoudare
Pack Member
Elledontyoudare

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Maha half smiled and pulled a arrow from her quill and shot it right over the boys head. the arrow was so close to his head it took a few of strains from the top of his head wit it as it struct the near by tree. She did this with such speed it was like she never shot it. "Well, pretty average." She answered it was true and how she felt. she smiled as she turned to Lyn just to see if he was still doing ok. hoping he wast gonna loose a lung right there in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Jagter when pale for a second "Well of course I'm stationary target and what if you'd missed?" Jagter put on his metal helmet hastlely so in case she decide to fire another arrow "What if you run out of arrows, then what dare I ask?" he said with a little nervousness "Or if the target is and fairly armored person, Huh?"
Jagter pulled out his crossbow "She maybe slower but one well places shot would put an elephant down plus I can reuse the same bolts." Jagter was a bit prideful in presenting his crossbow
Back to top Go down
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Lynn waved a paw, "ah, I'm ok." he puffed "old wounds." he assured with a smile.

he clapped his paws together for Maha's skillful shot, though his hackles bristled a bit when the male pulled out his crossbow, he didn't quite trust the other human, something about him threw Lynn's ability to sense people.
Back to top Go down
Elledontyoudare
Pack Member
Elledontyoudare

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Maha smiled. "Oh, that's a nice peice you got there." She tilted her head a bit. kinda like what a puppy does when its confused. "Oh, if I run out, I can always make more." She pulled out a arrow it from her side bag. "The quill only holds so much so I always carry one of these." She turned her attention to Lyn. "Old wound? What happened?" She was usually not one to ask. but she wondered. such a beautiful creature shouldn't have such horrible wounds.
Back to top Go down
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:22 am

Lynn sighed and tiredly flopped down, tucking his forelegs under his breast to get comfortable.
'ahm, I fell, quite a long way down a sharp rocky plateau."

he said simply with a slight shrug.
Back to top Go down
Elledontyoudare
Pack Member
Elledontyoudare

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:21 am

"I see." she looked him over a bit. "I hope it doesnt give you that much trouble." Maha hated to see others hurt. She knew its was a part of life. But she just hated to see others suffer. And she wished it all away.
Back to top Go down
Wyco
Friend of Vera
Wyco

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:33 am

"You feel down a plateau,how?" Jagter asked "I know of some herbs that can help ease pains, but by god do be careful." Jagter pictured in his mind the poor shinlai tumbling down the plateau like a leaf in the wind. "Poor thing that must of hurt like hell for days." Jagter thought to himself "I understand your pain I once fell from a tree when I was younger I was more terrified more then hurt; though I do hope your wounds would heal completely."
Back to top Go down
Zukuro
Friend of NooNoo
Zukuro

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:06 am

Lynn's tail flicked slightly and he paused a moment before laughing slightly he figured he might as well explain, but in a short version. "oh, this was years ago, I used to live in a cave atop the plateau, I fell when I was attacked by another shinlai over past affairs and both of us fell off the edge, I survived with these injuries but my attacker broke his neck and died before he even hit the bottom."

Lynn smiled slightly at the human, he had made good use of his elements healing and his pain wasn't all that bad. mostly stiiff aches and the occasional twang of over working his leg. however his damaged lungs and throat would sometimes give him the coughing fits and wheezy tone. 'thank you but these wounds will never heal completely, I've done all I can to mend myself, if you'd seen my leg the day this happened you'd count me only having this brace a blessing, I know I do."

he stretched slightly with a relaxed yawn, earning a squeak from the metal on the brace .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nature anew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature anew   Nature anew Empty

Back to top Go down

Nature anew
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next