Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Minty minty party

Go down 
+7
Kordasai
Rubisa
Forrgotenrose
Rhavnora
Zukuro
Mo
Lenalis
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

Minty minty party - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:57 am

Rhava nods, "I'll be happy to play again."

She pulls the silver flute out of the case though there was no need to put it back together because of a special slot for it to be left whole.

Rhaiva begans to play Summer's Daydream.
Back to top Go down
Magweno
Pack Member
Magweno

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Skjöldur noticed Lynn and Alkyone looking curiously down the hall and cleared his throat: He didn't know whether to tell them about the small forest he had grown in the guest room. Skjöldur didn't have a home of his own, much preferring to live the nomadic life, but when the elements became too much or he just wanted some companionship he could always find solace, friendship, banter and a spare room at Nirasi's. Understandably the cold cave could always do with a decorative touch and seeing as Skjöldur was so fond of plants he decided to bring the outdoors indoors and grow himself a little terrarium. This got out of hand and became bigger and bigger as he added to it, until the floor was thick moss and the walls almost obscured with vegatation, climbing plants and saplings. It provided a nice ecosystem for the birds and bugs that followed him, but he hadn't told Nirasi (mostly because he knew he wouldn't mind) and he wasn't entirely sure how an actual guest or two would take it.

He shifted uneasily and grabbed a handful of nibbles, spying Nirasi, Rubisa, Rhaiva and Candy. He wanted to be with his wingman, being on his own was way too difficult and he needed the moral support, but jumping into their conversation was way too daunting for him, so he munched on his nibbles contemplativly, formulating a plan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.magweno.com
Lenalis
Admin
Lenalis

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:56 pm

"What did you think of the feather? It's my favorite piece by her to date..." Rubisa had asked him.

He was speechless for several reasons - there were no words to thank her for the care she'd taken in making it. That it was such a decorative item also made him uncomfortable - not that he'd ever say such a thing aloud! - he wondered whether just wearing it would even be a thankful enough gesture...did it have another purpose? Was he missing something?

Listening to the beautiful music did little to calm Nirasi's nerves, and even the chance at comfort from a familiar face was clouded by his behavior - there was no reason for Candy not to be plotting something horrendously evil to punish him for his inconsiderate actions (barely greeting her, running off when she'd just gotten him alone, returning to her with a human shield).

Nirasi had a famously low threshold for horrendous evil.

And the wiles of women in general. He glanced at the lovely white 'lai, her neatly combed and styled mane, then to her parcel, then stole a glance at her eyes to see whether they were still focused on him.

They weren't. They were mercifully on Rhaiva.

Tail twitching, he ever-so-stealthily strained his peripheral vision for a way out...

...had he heard a bird peep?

...Skjoldur?
Back to top Go down
http://lenalis.deviantart.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:07 pm

"You know magpies will eat small birds occasionally," The male said.

Pip nodded. “I saw one go for a blackbird nest once. It got one chick before I chased it off.” She said. “I still like them, very bold and striking. Smart too.” She said slowly, watching the wagtail bop about.

She heard the male clear his throat and looked up. He was looking towards her mum and Lynn, before looking over to Nirasi. He munched away on some snack still watching to blue guy.

“Jeesh, just go talk to him.” She said raising her eyebrows at him.

“Pip. Behave.” Alkyone said, although she too had heard the male clear his throat and was now looking at him expectantly. Was he going to say something? Or did he just have some food lodged in it?

Pipistella stuck her tongue out at her mum and turned her attention back to the bird, as Alkyone looked around again. “Ryshka! Stop looking so scared and come sit down!” She called over to the blue lai.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Rhaiva lowered her flute as she noticed the plant life growing around her. She jumped at the sound of a bird.

Rhaiva thinks to herself I sometimes forget how powerful the Shinlai really are.

She manages togather herself up and start playing again.
Back to top Go down
Magweno
Pack Member
Magweno

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:34 pm

The pup was talking again, Skjoldur looked at her and nodded thoughtfully. "You probably shouldn't have chased it away, it could have fed those chicks to its own young. Even if it's horrible to watch, there's always an underlying explanation," He chewed a little, "In saying that magpies don't feed chicks to their young, but either way it would have been invaluable nutrition and energy for the magpie."

The wagtail left it's perch on Pip's head and flew out through the waterfall with a final twittering farewell. Cave life evidently suit the little bird. Suddenly an overwhelming urge to be outside overcame him, the air was so rich at this time of day. His chest ached for the feel of earth beneath his paws, that humid, sweet smell... He looked over to Nirasi again, preparing to say a silent adieu and suddenly he realised how much his friend was squirming.

Jeesh, just go talk to him.

Looking to Pip again as she spoke, he quickly caught the eye of Alkyone. He couldn't work out why she was looking at him like that, unaware of the message the clearing of his throat had passed on. It suddenly occurred to him that he was telling a little pup about magpies eating baby chicks. He paled a little under his mask and swallowed, getting the wrong message entirely.

"Magpies are very clever though, they can usually find other things than live chicks to eat... Like... Seeds, I'm just... Going to ask Nirasi if he has any more seeds. For us to eat, not magpies."

He immediately stood up to go to his friend grabbing a bowl in his mouth as he went and rushed over to the little group perhaps a little too enthusiastically, bumping into Rubisa and spilling her drink.

"Oh nh, nnnmgg, sho shorry," he said between clenched teeth, then blurted out, "I like y'r h'r clip!"

Dammit what are you doing, He thought frantically, this is a human! With pleading eyes he turned to Nirasi, bowl in mouth, "We need muh sheeeedsh!"
Back to top Go down
Lenalis
Admin
Lenalis

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Nirasi flinched at the sound of bowl-addled speech, but recognized the voice. To reinforce his hunch, he heard the suave lilt of Skjoldur's come-hither tone.

"I like y'r h'r clip!"

Careful not to clothesline anyone with his tail in his excitement, he stood and spun toward the voice and a light pelting of seeds.

"We need muh sheeeedsh!"

"More seeds..? More seeds! Yes! Absolutely, such a terrible host, I don't even know why people are still h-" he cast about for more seeds, and didn't see any. "Oh no! Skjoldur! Where...wait-"

Skjoldur's brows lowered in frustration at his desperation to catch whatever drift the antlered 'lai was providing.

"More seeds, I know where to-" he jutted his chin toward the waterfall, such a flimsy guard posted between him and some ability to breathe.

Always good for a strong finish, he blurted, "Seeds can be found...outside....."
Back to top Go down
Magweno
Pack Member
Magweno

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Together they trotted swiftly to the curtain of water in the name of snacks. They both knew the drop well (Nirasi more-so than Skjoldur of course) and frequently leapt from it in a dare of who could fling themselves furthest. This was no exception and prior to breaking the torrent Skjoldur took a short but powerful sprint, hurtling out into mid-air, letting go of the bowl and, being unable to resist himself and the adrenaline, letting loose a loud and exuberant howl. Nirasi followed suit swept up on his mad friend's seed-mission, dashing through the waterfall and out into the wide blue yonder.

The pair crashed into the pool below sending a plume of water rocketing sky high - synchronized diving was not their forté - which came raining back down in a fine mist. Skjoldur breached the surface first, covered in weeds and whooping with laughter. The wagtail sat on a rock nearby, hopping back and forth quizzically, watching this bizarre Shinlai hollaring and splashing, totally raucous with adrenaline.
Back to top Go down
Lenalis
Admin
Lenalis

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Heart free to race again, Nirasi bellowed a resonant echo to Skjoldur's howl and crashed into the water below. He was blinded by joy and tiny bubbles, and his lungs ached to call again from beneath the water - but he was out of air for now.

He bobbed up next to Skjoldur, shared a glance that was sheepish and victorious, glanced at the upturned bowl and knew it'd be washed downstream and never seen again.

"You've got a little...something on your..." he pawed his nose jokingly. When he got amped up, Skjoldur's mask sprouted tiny bits of tree, and this moment was particularly amp-y.

He ducked a retort-splash and resurfaced at the bank of the pool. He needed to run, to flee, to tear through the woods with some measure of reckless abandon. With a solid whuff! he cleared the water from his face and shook himself, soaked through and heavy.

He liked the cooling of it though, it was nice to experience something besides the prickle of feeling like cornered prey.

He let the water stay and waited to barrel through the forest, not even sparing a guilty look at the waterfall.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:01 pm

As the two barrelled through the waterfall with a roar and a splash, Alkyone put a paw on Pip’s head to stop her from joining. “Interesting hosting ability.” She commented to Lynn and anyone else listing. She picked Pip up and plonked her next to Lynn, giving her a warning look that could make her freeze, before standing up and stretching to her full height.

“Well then!” she said loudly to the room. “Would anyone like some tea?” She said gesturing to the pot. “I’m sure our host will be back... At some point. So for now tea will do.” She said, a rather unimpressed tone to her voice, but looking from guest to guest with a pleasant smile. Alkyone ruffled her fur, still gazing around the cavern, her claws flexing and scraping against the stone floor.

“Uh oh.” Pip whispered, and shrunk back against Lynn. “She is not impressed.” She muttered to the silver male.
Back to top Go down
Rubisa
Friend of Wrynn
Rubisa

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:07 pm

The contents of Rubisa's bowl splashes--all over herself and Candy. Wet and smelling of herbs, she removes her hair comb, handing it to Rubisa for safe keeping, and decides to leave. She leaves the box where she was sitting, and thanks Rhaiva for the entertainment. She is polite, but quite fed up. It was obvious to those who knew her that she had enough time being blown off.

Candy heads down to the lower tunnels with her sopping wet human companion, and the pair head off through the trees.

"Are you ok, Candy?" Rubisa asks, walking along with her shinlai friend, though she struggles to keep up with the annoyed shinlai.

"I'm fine. Just annoyed by the host--or, lack there of." Candy admits, trying to remember to slow down for her short friend.
Back to top Go down
http://sammah-sam.deviantart.com/gallery
Magweno
Pack Member
Magweno

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:51 am

Skjoldur hauled himself out of the pool and onto the bank next to Nirasi shaking himself thoroughly and soaking the big blue psuedo-host. Plants twirled and whirled from his mask and around his feet, bursting with life and stretching for the sun, animated and accelerated as if they were strange creatures clamouring for space and light. Adrenaline was coursing through his veins and he felt a feral urge electrifying him; looking at Nirasi his mouth dropped open in a grin, tongue lolling, "I feel much better for that." He said, and with a huge leap and a bark he galloped into the woods.
Back to top Go down
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:59 am

Selousi was shocked to see him run off, even if she had only come for a short time. She turned to Ahaloh, "I think I might go now, I Er, just came for a bit anyways. If you want to find me though I'll be in the forest searching for mushrooms." she took the exit out, making her way through the awful crowd.
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Hallow sighed a bit. "If you wanted some company I would be more than happy to go with you? I was just bringing Ryshka here because I think she needs to get out a bit more?" He followed behind Selo a bit hoping she wouldn't turn him away.

Ryshka heard the familiar voice of Alk calling her over and padded carefully towards the large purple lai. "Uhh..hey Alkyone."
Back to top Go down
http://distortedgirl66.deviantart.com
Selousi
Friend of Adlai
Selousi

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:41 pm

( if you do join it's the nature anew roleplay hehe..)

"Ahaloh," Selousi said, "It's fine if you want to accompany your sister or come with me," she smiled at him, this time actually looking him in the face rather than talking to him while looking at the ground. She was getting more confident. " It's your choice." she said, waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
http://alphacortezi.tumblr.com
Rhavnora
Friend of Silas
Rhavnora

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Rhaiva bows to Candy as she leaves. Then Raiva walks to her kind host. "Thank you for the tea and you company," Rhaiva says.

"If I ever pass by again I'll be sure and drop by with something more to offer you than my flute." Rhaiva feels a little ashamed that she did not bring her lute or any other instrument over.

Rhaiva bows and takes her leave knowing that Pale Thunder is itching to see her again.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:20 am

(( I think he would like to go with her ^w^ ))

Hallow grinned as Ryshka walked to the "safety of Alkyone" then followed Selo. "She will be alright, she knows a few here and should relax soon enough."
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:42 pm

Kordasai felt himself sink as everyone around faced into his head and he zoned in and out of sleep. The pounding of water on rocks; despite his fear of it... was touching. He remembered seeing Hollow with a female... watchign him smooth talk his way into anyones heart. Kordi wanted that ability but...lacked the ambition tog et it and he sunk a little more. He nibbled a few bites of food and with a yawn began to doze again... He was not entirely sure this was not a dream. The lai were loud.... one human he remembered.... Things faded as he fell against the cave with a sigh...not meaning to lean towards anyone but his head lay on someone's tail.

(( poor kordi! XD ))
Back to top Go down
http://ladykervein.deviantart.com
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Ryshka saw someone almost familiar leaning up against the wall half dozing. She softly padded over to him a bit unsure with the commotion of everyone else and looked at him. "Uhmm hello...You're name is Kordasai isnt it? If its not then I am sorry that I mistook you for someone else, I was just curious is all."
Her timid gentle voice might not have been enough to wake him but she still spoke anywways.
Back to top Go down
Kordasai
Friend of Silas
Kordasai

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:12 pm

His head did not ‎move... but he had heard her. One lone eye opened to see who was speaking so softly to him.
Rysh? They had met before... but only briefly.
Kordi's head lazily lolled her diretion and he opened the rest of his eyes slowly to focus better on her.

"I'm Kordasai." he said softly back. echoing her gentle nature not necessarily on purpose.

His paws shifted to his favorite "loaf" position and he stretched his head backa nd yawned.

"I am very tired--I apologize for being so ---slow." Kordi's tail twitched once; it flopped left and right before settling around his at his side.
Back to top Go down
http://ladykervein.deviantart.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Alkyone sat to one side, her back ramrod straight as she watched quite a few Shinlai leave. None of them seemed willing to stay now the host had left. She glanced down at her side, seeing Pip fiddling with the corner of a cushion. “Try to get some rest.” She said, stroking Pip’s head. The pup gave a sleepy nod, her head already dropping as were her eyelids.

Alkyone glanced over to Ryshka and Kordi, both seemed to be half asleep, that or Rysh was just being her quiet self. She gestured down at Pip in a small ‘make sure she doesn’t run off’ motion. Before standing and starting to move about the cave. Using her element to fling Rubisa’s drink out into the waterfall. She puttered about, clearing up any spilt drink, scattered seeds, or untidy cushions. Trying not to disturb any lingering guests.

After about an hour the cave was tidy, well, as tidy as a bachelor pad could be. She huffed and rolled her shoulders, glancing at a fast asleep Pip, curled up in a tight ball on a large cushion. She yawned widely, before padding down to the like underwater entrance, diving into the water and swimming back and forth for a moment, loosening up and cooling off, flecks of water turning into ice as she spun about in the water, she climbed back up into the cave, giving her fur a light shake, before returning to the main room, and sitting motionless in a dark corner, her paws tucked against herself and back ramrod straight.

Waiting.
Back to top Go down
Lenalis
Admin
Lenalis

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 am

He'd finally made it back, each wooden step inviting his karmic come-uppance.

He didn't look up at the falls. His head was still low-slung, and he dragged his feet with each stride - it was a combination of exhaustion, soreness, hesitance, and acceptance of how terribly he could be met.

At the bank of the pool, his forelegs buckled under his weight and he slid chest-first into the water. He was momentarily buoyant but sank once his fur absorbed enough water. He stopped breathing mid-breath, rather than take in a fresh lungful...he hoped the burn would give him some focus before he faced everyone...if anyone had even stuck around.

He plodded across the bottom of the pool, blinded by tiny bubbles all around as muscle memory brought him to his cubby.

sliiiiiide-squish, sliiiiiide-squish brought him slowly up the hall, with faint clicks when his claws hit the floor if he wove off the carpet. Had he heard voices on the way up? He still wasn't ready to look directly at anyone.

He entered the main chamber, and dropped his hindquarters with a drenched, heavy plop. His fur was caked with various browns of old blood, forest earth and slime from the pool below, and brambles stuck out haphazardly from his silhouette. The dip into the pool had washed away some of his scabs, and blood had begun to bead again, sliding down in the rivulets of water falling from his body.

He unfastened his mask, and set it gently beside him with a klonk. His front paws slid forward under him and tried to control his collapse, eyes scrunched closed.

".......I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:53 am

"...I'm sorry."

A shocked silence spread through the room as their host came collapsing in. Exhausted, covered in mud and dirt and soaking wet. Slowly, Phlorian turned his head towards the blue pile of dripping floof on the floor. He felt his jaw drop and his body move, while his brain was still frozen in shock. Suddenly, he found himself crouching next to Nirasi.

"Wha- How? Care to explain?" He spat out, his eyes wide with worry. "Are you wounded? What on Elaisha happened?"

Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:43 pm

"...I'm sorry." The blue one said crumpling to the floor.

"Wha- How? Care to explain? Are you wounded? What on Elaisha happened?" The dark grey fellow said.

“What’s your name?” Alkyone asked the grey one, standing up and moving towards Nirasi. “Can you heal?” She asked without waiting for his name. He had the light symbol, but he also had the dark symbol.

Dagda was the healer, not her, but she had seen what he’d do, it was just a case of remembering it. Raising her paw she drew some water from the waterfall, it rushed to her paw, tumbling over its self, before swirling and creating a bowl from itself. She dunked her paws and started carefully wiping the dirt from his fur, attempting to see the extent of his wounds.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:50 pm

“What’s your name?”

"Phlorian. Are you a healer?" he asked, gently placing his paws on Nirasi's back and letting Light flow. He briefly turned his head to take a look at his companion. A large, purple female. Right. "If he's clean it's easier to feel where he's wounded."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minty minty party   Minty minty party - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Minty minty party
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next