Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Woods of West Rendali

Go down 
+2
Forrgotenrose
Blue
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:45 pm

"Not so fast, you!"

Icarus's gaze snapped to Marrinus, but not quick enough to avoid his swipe to the side. He barked with surprise more than actual pain- not that it didn't hurt. Icarus had forgotten for a moment that being invisible didn't necessarily protect him from harm. Icarus snarled when he saw blood bloom against his white coat.

Icarus waisted no time retaliating. Not a moment passed before he whipped around, paws spread wide. He aimed for Marrinus' face, striking at his eyes. His claws raked scores in his mask but the mask was protective of his face. Icarus quickly put his horns to good use and, instead of aiming to distract, he ran his wide, curving horns at Marrinus- aiming to catch him in the chest and push him a good deal back and perhaps knock the breath out of him.
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Rondun
Admin
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 am

The white Shinlai whirled on him, swiping at his face and clipping the snout of his mask with his claws. Gouging deep scores into the hard black surface as the swipe followed through. Marrinus jerked his head to the side with the blow, pivoting on the soles of his feet, he broke off and leaped away just in time to dodge the kid’s attempt at ramming him head on.

He was about to counter with a blow to the left side of the young male’s thick skull, when Rhan’s call of alarm finally reached his ears, "Marrinus! The male is taking Twi!"

His head swiveled about, eyes locking instantly on the male across the stream as Rhan launched herself in his direction. Little Twi was off to the male Shinlai’s side, her form dwarfed by the size of the adult. Marrinus snarled, his gaze returning to Icarus, “It seems I can’t afford to play with you much longer, and I didn’t even get to have some fun of my own,” he growled, "How disappointing." Glancing back over to his charge resentfully, he sighed and muttered, “The little brat is always getting in the way.” A thin lipped grin split across his face.
Back to top Go down
http://oddosprey.deviantart.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 5:09 am

(sorry guys, been totally distracted the past few days OTL)

"Twi." He said softly. "You should you should at least stay with me for a wile until this fight dies down. I could sense the silver one and the light one was a little unstable since I got here but I didn't even expect a fight like this to happen. Don't worry, we wont be far. We will just be near the tree over there. Not to far. I can take care of myself, and you."

Twi turned her head back to Eldon, then back to the fight "I don't think I--should..." not a moment after Rhan shout out "Marrinus! The male is taking Twi!".

"Wait, what?! He isn't tak--" She was caught off by a zooming Rhan who tackled Eldon with a snarl, the two falling with a thud. "Rhan wait! He wasn't doing anything!" she shout up at the large female.
Back to top Go down
Nyliir
Friend of Hekili
Nyliir

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:23 am

She rolled to her feet and positioned herself between the male and Twi, a clawed paw held firmly against his throat and a growl rumbling through her chest.

"Rhan wait! He wasn't doing anything!" Twi called up to her.

The burgundy female snarled slightly at the youngster, a warning for her to stay quiet, and addressed the male with a hiss underlying her voice. "In answer to your previous question, you may call me Rhan. But tell me, who are you?", she tilted her head at him, narrowing her eyes, "correct me if I'm wrong, but you do not come across as the type to steal away the young of another. Yet here you are, attempting to lead away small Twi." Rhan bared her teeth at him, increasing the pressure she held on his throat. "Explain yourself!"
Back to top Go down
http://nyface.deviantart.com
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:45 pm

As Eldon is waiting for her you finish her answer he hears "Marrinus! The male is taking Twi!"

Eldon's head shot up and eyes widen. "Wait I wasn't go--." The female tacked him and puts her paw right at his throat. Eldon gags and struggles a bit.

"In answer to your previous question, you may call me Rhan. But tell me, who are you?", she tilted her head at him, narrowing her eyes, "correct me if I'm wrong, but you do not come across as the type to steal away the young of another. Yet here you are, attempting to lead away small Twi." Rhan bared her teeth at him, increasing the pressure she held on his throat. "Explain yourself!"

"My name is Eldon Lehenhier... From the Lehenhier Clan... And I wasn't going to steal her away. I was just going to lead her away from the fight near this tree so she can be safe." With his large paw he points to the tree. Rhan puts more pressure at his throat snarling at him and baring her teeth. Eldon try's not to struggle but he needs to breve. He gags again and flings tail as it slams on the ground, making dust. "Can you please put less pressure on my throat." He said to Rhan with a calm voice. "Please miss Rhan, I told you what I was up to with miss Twi but at least you could let me go. I pose no threat to you and the others." He added. Eldon gives her a grin and hopes she will let him go.

(( Okay for some odd reason I'm really liking your shinlai XD I really liking her attitude so far and Eldon is liking her too! I think its funny XD ))
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:23 pm

((I have to wait for Phlo, so as long as you guys don't jump on us we're all good. You may continue without us o3o))
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Nyliir
Friend of Hekili
Nyliir

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:41 pm

"My name is Eldon Lehenhier... From the Lehenhier Clan... And I wasn't going to steal her away. I was just going to lead her away from the fight near this tree so she can be safe." Eldon pointed to a large tree just out of the way, gagging and hitting his tail across the ground when she increased the pressure on his throat. Rhan snorted at him, unrelenting, as the dust from the impact enveloped them. "Can you please put less pressure on my throat. Please miss Rhan, I told you what I was up to with miss Twi but at least you could let me go. I pose no threat to you and the others." His voice was calm and sincere, and despite her urge to provoke a fight, Rhan couldn't help but trust him. She sighed with a huff, removing her paw from his throat and allowing him to stand, yet she remained positioned between Twi and himself. "Better to be safe than sorry", she said to Twi with a small smile, before turning her attention back to the male. "So, Eldon, are you from these parts? Or simply passing through?" she narrowed her eyes at him, the smile still evident on her lips. This Eldon character seemed very out of place among the group of Darkbloods, Rhan had never seen a follower of the revolution that was quite so. . . happy.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Icarus charged by Marrinus, snarling loud with frustration. Marrinus was too quick on his feet for Icarus to hit with a head on ram. All he could do was graze Marrinus. Icarus winced, bracing himself for Marrinus' blow to his left. Icarus couldn't move fast enough to dodge. Marrinus halted his attack at a call from Rhan. Icarus used the opportunity to dart out of the way, turning to face Marrinus once he was out of striking range.

“It seems I can’t afford to play with you much longer, and I didn’t even get to have some fun of my own,” he growled, "How disappointing." Glancing back over to his charge resentfully, he sighed and muttered, “The little brat is always getting in the way.”

Icarus growled wordlessly, working his claws into the ground. He wondered if he should follow, strike him from behind. But decided against it. His eyes widened slightly, suddenly he couldn't remember why he had challenged Marrinus in the first place.

Because he was harming an comrade.
Isn't he an alley too?

The voice didn't answer.

Icarus shook his head, trying to clear it once again. He glanced over where Phlo and Lycu were fighting and his eyes narrowed. He cloaked himself in shadows- fully this time. Perhaps he could prove how useful he was to at least one Darkblood. He had a feeling winning over Marrinus' approval wasn't his best bet after attacking.
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:41 pm

AS Rhan gets off of Eldon, He starts to get right back up but slowly. He then shakes his hole body and sits down, catching his breath. "Boy you are some tough girl. I like that." He said when she positioned her self between Twi and him. "Thanks for trusting me though. I don't know what I would do if I get into another fight, I really hate fighting, its really not me."

"So, Eldon, are you from these parts? Or simply passing through?"
she narrowed her eyes at him, the smile still evident on her lips.

"No I'm not, I'm just passing through trying to find my mate, Siren. We have been separated for over 20 years and its hard to find her. She really loves to travel and never stays in one spot...." Eldon looks up to the sky, ignoring the fighting. "I really miss her. I'm afraid she moved on, found someone she loves now... But its not stopping me from looking for her. She has my kid and I deserve to know who he or she is." Eldon starts looking at Rhan and gives her a smile. A nice calm smile and starts to slowly wagging his long flowy tail. "So don't mind me asking miss Rhan.... Are you a Darkblood? All of you?" He said with a vary curious look then he tilts his head.
Back to top Go down
Nyliir
Friend of Hekili
Nyliir

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:01 am

(sorry guys, will reply soon! Don't have the time right now! D: )
Back to top Go down
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:40 pm

NOOOO! its DEAD!!! Come back to life!! I want to keep going! *whimper* Its getting good!
Back to top Go down
Nyliir
Friend of Hekili
Nyliir

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:07 pm

I'll be replying within the next few days, don't worry. xD I'm just held up with school stuff at the moment ♥)
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:30 am

(Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm back in the land of the living! Yay!)

A lot was happening, shinlai attacking eachother, yelling, fighting. He didn't care. The sounds seemed strangely dull and muffled as he concentrated fully on thickening the net around him, making sure it surrounded him at all points so that an unexpected attacker would at least get somewhat hurt on forehand. Meanwhile, he scanned the environment for the other male. Lycuvayu... Where have I heard that name earlier?

Drats. He was good. Not even a flickering toe or something. Phlo was guessing that Lycu hadn't moved too much though, since the grass wasn't suddenly pressed down anywhere. Then, out of nothing, the other appeared again. "As an Advisor... I tend to think I am something..." he said in a dangerously friendly tone. It made Phlo's hair stand up and prickle with danger senses. Great. A high placed Darkblood. Why are they all nuts? Wish Fey were here, she might get some sense into them... Or not, he thought when Lycu stretched his face into a slightly creepy grin. "Phlorian di Liro, was it? Wouldn’t want to get your name wrong... That creates so many problems when tracking you."

"I knew it," Phlo spoke in the direction he thought Lycu must be. "Before we go back to the senseless ripping and tearing, mind telling me how you know my name?" he said, still trying to figure out where the other was hiding. Either I am now talking to air, or that indeed is an illusion. Please please please let me not be talking to just air.
Back to top Go down
Nyliir
Friend of Hekili
Nyliir

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:54 am

(Welcome back Mo! :'D I am also somewhat more alive too!)

"Boy you are some tough girl. I like that. Thanks for trusting me though. I don't know what I would do if I get into another fight, I really hate fighting, its really not me."

She chuckled at his comment before seating herself. "Thanks, I try", her amusement was clear.

"No I'm not, I'm just passing through trying to find my mate, Siren. We have been separated for over 20 years and its hard to find her. She really loves to travel and never stays in one spot...."

Rhan's expression softened as Eldon looked up to the sky, seemingly unaware of the commotion around him.

"I really miss her. I'm afraid she moved on, found someone she loves now... But its not stopping me from looking for her. She has my kid and I deserve to know who he or she is."

She nodded somberly. "I'm sure you'll find her", she said with a faint smile. Though Rhan doubted this, if his mate had been gone for 20 years already. . .

"So don't mind me asking miss Rhan.... Are you a Darkblood? All of you?"

The female jumped at the sudden change of topic, grinding her teeth slightly before answering. "As far as I know, the majority of us here certainly are", she watched the scene before them, her gaze held firmly upon the male who had introduced himself as Phlorian. "Although I am unsure about him", she motioned in the direction of the large male, before twisting her head around to look once more at Eldon. "You should be more careful with where your steps take you on your search for your mate, wandering around on Darkblood territory without good cause is something that I would advise against".
Back to top Go down
Jeep-the-dragon
Friend of Silas
Jeep-the-dragon

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:13 pm

(Sorry if I took so long D: I was doing other things)

"I'm sure you'll find her", she said with a faint smile.

Eldon starts giveing her a smile and said "Thank you miss Rhan, I needed that." He starts to wag his tail once more. 'I think I'm starting to like her, even though she's a little feisty for me... Siren is feisty too if I think about it.' He gave out a sigh as thinks about it.

Eldon watches her jump when he asked her a question about darkbloods. She seems to be saprized he ask her that. And then she said "As far as I know, the majority of us here certainly are"

Eldon starts looking at the fight again as she continues to talk.

"Although I am unsure about him", she motioned in the direction of the large male, before twisting her head around to look once more at Eldon.

"I see... " Said Eldon. He starts to look at her again and digs his claws into the ground. Feeling the earth go between his toes.

"You should be more careful with where your steps take you on your search for your mate, wandering around on Darkblood territory without good cause is something that I would advise against".

"I'll be careful.. Besides, I dont think theirs a sign anywhere that said Darkblood territory, bewhere." He gives out a chuckle and smiles at her. "How was I sapost know this is darkblood territory? I never heard this place belongs to darkboods... before?" He smiles at her again and tilts his head. "Why did you become a darkblood then? Theres got to be a reason... Don't worry I'm not going to judge your opinion about it. You can also dont have to tell me if it makes you uneasy."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woods of West Rendali   Woods of West Rendali - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Woods of West Rendali
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4