Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Performers and Thieves

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

Performers and Thieves - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:48 pm

"Really Iapto? You should just lay down. Jo-Ann is nothing like Dolores, she's really sweet and sure as hell won't be happy to see her patiënt swaying on her feet. Aw, come on. You're on her side? Don't you know how... what would you think if..." Ruan rambled to herself, as Iapto was busy rummaging through her hip bag, albeit a little weakly. "Ever since we met. I'm really sorry for her behaviour. I'm sure she didn't notice you two listening. Most of the time she backs off around others... Right now she's probably telling awful things about the three of us to Jo-Ann. Don't worry though, Jo-Ann sees right through her." She continued.

Marcus chuckled quietly. But Iapto had other ideas, with her right hand she pulled something out of her hip bag and flung it awkwardly in Ruan’s direction. A gem. On a necklace. “I stole it off Doyle.” She said with a weak smile. “Got their wallets tooooo.” She added rather proud of herself. Hearing a slight chuckle from Marcus.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Suddenly, a flash of red flew in her direction. Ruan caught it without thinking. "Iapto, what is- Oh. Sweet. Gods."

"I stole it off Doyle. Got their wallets tooooo," Iapto slurred, sounding rather proud. Ruan was shocked silent. Time after time she turned the gem in her hands. Finally, she found back her tongue.

"You... have no idea... No clue what this means to me..." Ruan managed to choke out. For a couple more seconds, she stared at the ceiling, blinking back tears. Then she looked at Iapto. "I you weren't on the brink of dying, I'd hug you."

"...but mom, she's brought in two people, a hore and a man who looks like a butcher, and she..." came drifting Dolores' voice, sharply cut off by Jo-Ann. "Enough, Dolores. I will see for myself who Stellamaris has chosen to bring here. You are not to judge before you have heard their explanation. And now, stop jabbering and whining, I don not want our guests to feel unwelcome."

Their footsteps halted in front of the door. "Have I made myself clear?" "Yes mom." "Let's go look at these people then," and with these words, Jo-Ann strode into the room.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:24 pm

"Iapto, what is- Oh. Sweet. Gods. You... have no idea... No clue what this means to me... I you weren't on the brink of dying, I'd hug you." Ruan said, looking like she was about to cry.

“Eh hug me later.” Iapto said, she tapped Marcus’s arm as she heard the voices coming up the hall. Marcus helped her up and Iapto supported herself by leaning back on him. As soon as Jo-Ann appeared, Iapto gained a broad polite smile, not giving away the fact she was in pain.

“Miss Jo-Ann I presume?” she said quickly, not even looking at Dolores. “I am Iapto Van Der Aart, adoptive daughter to the Shinlai Dagda Van Der Aart, official healer to the Dailian Elites.” She said smoothly, she didn’t normal mention that, but pulling rank on Dolores might clear up a few things. “My apologise for arriving without due cause. Only I’m in a bit of a state. Now excuse me while I pass-out.” She said, promptly passing out and falling back onto Marcus, who smoothly lowered her back onto the bed.

He stared blankly at Iapto before looking to Ruan and then Jo-Ann, also ignoring Dolores. “Well I ain’ as importan’ as her. But I’m Marcus Dolan. Ranch owner from Goldport.” He said tipping his hat with a charming smile. “And curren’ly actin’ as a heale’.” He added.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:03 pm

"Miss Jo-Ann I presume? I am Iapto Van Der Aart, adoptive daughter to the Shinlai Dagda Van Der Aart, official healer to the Dailian Elites. My apologise for arriving without due cause. Only I’m in a bit of a state. Now excuse me while I pass-out."

Ruan couldn't help but let out a giggle, which earned her a disapproving look from Jo-Ann. "Stellamaris, we do not laugh at the wounded, sick or dying."

"Well I ain’ as importan’ as her. But I’m Marcus Dolan. Ranch owner from Goldport. And curren’ly actin’ as a heale’," Marcus introduced himself. Ruan couldn't help but add something to that. "Not important he says. Jo-Ann, I should mention that this man saved both mine and Iapto's lives by finding and more or less first-aiding us."

Jo-Ann's face immediately brightened at that. "A healer and a life-saver. Sir, it seems we owe you a lot for saving our dear Stellamaris." Dolores' face showed how much she disagreed, since it was set in a permanent scowl behind her mother's back.

"Either way," Jo-Ann continued, "I think it would be wise for us to now examine this girl. Mister Dolan, would you be so kind as to assist me? And you two," she said, adressing the two girls sternly, "go tell Jaron that Stellamaris is home and bring a meal back up." With these words, the girls were scooted out the door.

"Eh, you go get it. I'm not going to waste my time on that hore of yours."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:34 pm

"A healer and a life-saver. Sir, it seems we owe you a lot for saving our dear Stellamaris. Either way, I think it would be wise for us to now examine this girl. Mister Dolan, would you be so kind as to assist me? And you two, go tell Jaron that Stellamaris is home and bring a meal back up." Jo-Ann directed. Ruan and Dolores left, and Marcus thought he heard bitter muttering from Dolores.

He ignored it and shifted so he could access the knife in Iapto’s shoulder. “Its jus’ Marcus, ma’am.” He said, taking his own knife from a bag and carefully cutting away the fabric around the knife handle. “And if ye coun’ savin’ as lettin’ them ride mah horse an’ no’ walk. Then sur’” He added, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

He inspected the skin around the wound, it seemed to have made a temporary seal around the knife, and despite the blood staining her shirt, it didn’t look as though she had lost huge amounts of blood. He bundled up the stained and cut shirt and threw it into a corner, that was beyond repair for sure. “‘Ah dun actually know wha’ happene’. Bu’ I think they were at’acked by thugs.” He said quietly, starting to clean around the knife, he dared not pull it out just yet. He also dared not point out the multitude of scars, old and new, that criss-crossed Iapto, especially not the four long one that looked like they had been inflicted by Shinlai.

((DON’T WORRRY, she’s not topless! She has a vest top like shown in my avatar :B ))
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 am

"It's jus' Marcus, ma'am. And if ye coun' savin' as lettin' them ride mah horse an' no' walk. Then sur'. Ah dun actually know wha' happene'. Bu' I think they were at'acked by thugs," Marcus explained. Jo-Ann couldn't help but smile at his genuine friendlynes. "Mister Marcus, I will not have you take less credit than deserved. Were it not for you, I am sure Stellamaris, and her friend for that matter, would have fared quite badly."

Jo-Anns hands seemed to have a life of their own. While she talked, her fingers plucked at leaves, mixing spices in a bowl and tearing off some clean cotton from a large fluff. They then wandered towards the knife, probing the torn flesh and the dried blood. After a few minutes, Jo-Ann looked up at Marcus. "Alright. As far as I can see, the wound is not too deep and rather clean too. Here," she handed Marcus a white towel. "Please put this under her so the bed won't get all stained. Yes, like that. I am going to pull out the knife. When I do, you need to press this on the wound as quickly as possible." 'This' was the leave-spice-pulp she had prepared, placed neatly in the middle of the cotton.

"Ready?" Jo-Ann asked calmly. "Now." Her gentle fingers gripped the knife and pulled it out in one movement.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:54 am

"Mister Marcus, I will not have you take less credit than deserved. Were it not for you, I am sure Stellamaris, and her friend for that matter, would have fared quite badly." She pressed. Marcus cocked an eyebrow under the brim of his hat. He had been telling the truth as well.

"Alright. As far as I can see, the wound is not too deep and rather clean too. Here, please put this under her so the bed won't get all stained. Yes, like that. I am going to pull out the knife. When I do, you need to press this on the wound as quickly as possible." He directed. Marcus slid the towel under Iapto, and knelt on the bed, ready to press the pulped stuff on the wound.

“Min’ her han’s, she’s a flailer and figh’er it seems.” He said quickly.

"Ready? Now." Jo-Ann directed, swiftly pulling the knife from Iapto’s shoulder.

Marcus quickly clamped the cotton pad down and put all his weight on it. A good job too, as soon as the knife left her Iapto’s eyes snapped open and she arched her back writhing with a scream. He swiftly put a knee on her chest and forced her to stay still. The scream gurgled and died off as Iapto blacked out again. He hadn’t noticed, but Iapto had grabbed one of his wrists and left scratched marks in her screaming fit.

“In teh name o’ Daila,” He muttered. “Dat was no’ nice.” He said. Still clamping the cotton down with one hand, he picked up some bandages and looked to Jo-Ann, checking that he could start binding it up, or if she wanted to keep working.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:41 am

As soon as Jo-Ann pulled out the knife, Iapto cried out and started flailing wildly. The only thing that stopped her from hurting herself, was the quick reaction of Marcus.
"In teh name o’ Daila," the man muttered. "Dat was no’ nice." His obvious concern brought a smile on Jo-Anns face. "She will be okay. The face that she can still flail like a wounded mountain lion proves no nerves or tendons have been cut. Here, let me put this on it," she said, spreading a thick ointment over the wound. "Now we can bind it. She'll be okay."

Ruan had just caught the last words as she pushed open the door with her shoulder, carrying a large tray with on it huge amounts of bread, soup, butter, vegetables and more."That's good to hear. Jaron said Iapto can stay here and he offers you," Ruan said to Marcus, "another room if you wish. And he would like to thank you himself later," she added with a smile, guessing that might make him uncomfortable. "Also, he send me up with half of our winter stock so you better enjoy."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:00 am

"Now we can bind it. She'll be okay." Jo-Ann said, Marcus helped wrap Iapto’s shoulder and tied the bandage off in a neat knot, before propping her up on a few pillows. There were a few unconscious grumbles from her, but nothing making sense.

"That's good to hear. Jaron said Iapto can stay here and he offers you, another room if you wish. And he would like to thank you himself later. Also, he sent me up with half of our winter stock so you better enjoy." Ruan said, appearing with a large tray and lots of food. Marcus stood and swiftly moved around, taking the try off Ruan and setting it down on the dresser.

“Thank ye kin’ly.” He said, pushing his hat back so he could see better. “I’ll prob’ly go down in a bit t’ thank him an’way. ” He said. “An, ‘pologise t’ Dolores, fer all bu’ ignorin’ her.” He added. He eyed Ruan for a moment before picking up the spare bandages. “Righ’ now ye need t’ fix yaself up, lass.” He said with a stern look, holding out the bandages to her, she still had the stomach wound to contend with, although he was guessing it wasn’t giving her too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:24 am

“Thank ye kin’ly,” Marcus said and took over the tray. “I’ll prob’ly go down in a bit t’ thank him an’way. An, ‘pologise t’ Dolores, fer all bu’ ignorin’ her.” Up until then, Ruan had agreed with his plans. At the mention of Dolores' name though, her shoulders stiffened and her smile slightly faltered. It took her ever so shortly to shake of the unease Marcus' words had caused. "Ah, yes. Eh, yes yes, you should," she quickly covered her pause, but she couldn't help but feel sad at what would happen next. Dolores' would wind everyone (except probably Iapto) around her pinky and then they would leave to never be seen again.

Oh well. Ruan shrugged subconsciously, already making peace with that faith. It wasn't like she wasn't used to that. Her trail of thought was interrupted by Marcus, who handed her some bandages. “Righ’ now ye need t’ fix yaself up, lass.” It took her another second to realise what he meant, but then she laughed, genuinely this time. "Thanks mister. Jo-Ann, I got a swipe across my stomach. Would you please look at it?" Ruan said, hopping on the bed and pulling up her shirt so her stomach was revealed.

While Jo-Ann inspected the wound, Ruan chit-chatted on to Marcus. "Why were you on that road anyways? I've rarely ever seen someone take it par horse and certainly never seen someone from the south take it par horse," she smirked at him.
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:36 am

"Ah, yes. Eh, yes yes, you should," Ruan said hastily, Marcus raised an eyebrow but didn’t remark on it. "Thanks mister. Jo-Ann, I got a swipe across my stomach. Would you please look at it?" She said landing on the bed by Iapto and letting Jo-Ann sort her out.

"Why were you on that road anyways? I've rarely ever seen someone take it par horse and certainly never seen someone from the south take it par horse," Ruan asked.

Marcus chuckled, and started separating the food into three heaps. “I’m form t’ east, lass. I lived near t’ Goldport.” He said, keeping his back to her most the time, it would be rude of him to watch while Jo-Ann fixed her stomach. “Me an’ mah brother decided t’ travel, rather tha’ stick ‘round on t’ ranch.” He said with a shrug. “Ye go’ any horses ya tamin’ or breakin’ in. Gimme a shout.” He added with a slight laugh.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:22 pm

“I’m form t’ east, lass. I lived near t’ Goldport. Ye go’ any horses ya tamin’ or breakin’ in. Gimme a shout,” Marcus answered with a chuckle.

"Eh, South, East, topography is not my strongest point. No horses no, girls on the other hand...," Ruan replied, the last remark nothing more than a mutter. She shot a glance at Jo-Ann, but the woman was busy picking out threads and needles. Ruan scowled at the sight of that and bit her cheek as Jo-Ann sewed the cut shut.

"There sweetheart, you're all fixed up again," Jo-Ann said after what seemed the longest five minutes of Ruan's life. "Now don't put too much pressure on it and, oh you know what you should do," she laughed as Ruan rolled her eyes. "I will go tell your father you're better Stellamaris. Come join us downstairs, will you?" And then she walked out the door in the same decisive manner she had in everything.

"Well, you heard her," Ruan chuckled. "We better obey, or else."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:28 pm

"There sweetheart, you're all fixed up again, now don't put too much pressure on it and, oh you know what you should do, I will go tell your father you're better Stellamaris. Come join us downstairs, will you?" Jo-Ann said, leaving the room.

"Well, you heard her, we better obey, or else." Ruan said with a chuckle.

Marcus turned back around holding out a plate of food to her. “Ea’ somethin’ first lass.” He said, handing her the plate and picking at some of his own food. He perched at the foot of the bed so he could see both her and Iapto. “S’ Jo-Ann ye ma’?” He asked noming on some bread.

“Save some for me.” A horse voice said quietly from the pillow.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:01 pm

"Ea’ somethin’ first lass. S’ Jo-Ann ye ma’?" Marcus asked while handing her a plate. For a second, Ruan was torn between preventing Dolores from gossiping about and eating, but finally a firm rumble from her stomach convinced her and she took the plate. "Save some for me," a weak voice rose from the bed and Ruan immediately jumped over to Iapto. "Iapto! Thank the gods you're not dead," she said with a wink.

Ruan sat down next to Iapto so she could feed her bits of food while talking. "Actually, no. Jo-Ann is Dolores' mother and the second wife of my father, Jaron, whom you no doubt will meet shortly. But she's so sweet, I can almost forget that. If not for- er, anyways. She's always very kind to me and we get along really well!"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:29 pm

"Iapto! Thank the gods you're not dead," Ruan said with a wink. Marcus raised an eyebrow but made no comment.

Iapto gave a slight huff and shuffled awkwardly so she was sat up. “Take more than that.” She muttered.

"Actually, no. Jo-Ann is Dolores' mother and the second wife of my father, Jaron, whom you no doubt will meet shortly. But she's so sweet, I can almost forget that. If not for- er, anyways. She's always very kind to me and we get along really well!" Ruan said while pushing food at Iapto, who was eating slowly.

“Hmm, she does seem nice.” He said, standing up and fetching a glass of water for Iapto. “What’s Jaro’ like?” He asked handing over the water, Iapto briefly fending off more food from Ruan so she could drink.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:24 pm

"Hmm, she does seem nice. What's Jaro' like?" Marcus asked.

"What can I say to that," Ruan mumbled absentlymindly while poking some union at Iapto's face. "I guess he's like every dad. He wants the best for his daughter, but is also very protective. He doesn't cope well with my... my... my shenanigans." Ruan made a face at her own lack of proper words. "Well, you get what I mean. Do... doesn't help."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:49 pm

((Tinnnny post))

"What can I say to that, I guess he's like every dad. He wants the best for his daughter, but is also very protective. He doesn't cope well with my... my... my shenanigans. Well, you get what I mean. Do... doesn't help." Ruan explained, trying to poke Iapto’s good eye with onion.

Iapto was leaning further and further away from Ruan, muttering about not liking onion. Marcus swallowed some bread and started on an apple. “Sh’nanigans?” He said, sounding odd with the accent. “Or d’ I not wanna know?” He added with a half laughing, seeming to have missed the part about Dolores. “Well Jaro’ was nice enoug’ t’ give us ah room.” He said with a shrug, seemingly having made up his mid already.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:33 am

“Sh’nanigans? Or d’ I not wanna know?”

Ruan woke up from her trance and shot him a grin. "Let's just say some people don't approve when you kindly remove their jewelry." Finally, she let Iapto's eye alone and decided to just eat the onion herself. The food and the friendlyness were doing wonders for her mood. Slowly, the unease sipped out of her veins until she could relax again.

"Well Jaro’ was nice enoug’ t’ give us ah room," Marcus shrugged. Ruan snorted and laughed. "That is to say, he threatened to ground me if I didn't transfer the message properly. And he gave me all this food. I mean, look at it! That could feed a Shinlai village for a year!"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:41 am

"Let's just say some people don't approve when you kindly remove their jewelry." Ruan said with a grin, mentally Marcus checked himself, trying to remember if he wore any. He didn’t, he was safe.

“Purses are better.” Iapto mumbled, stealing an apple off Ruan’s plate.

"That is to say, he threatened to ground me if I didn't transfer the message properly. And he gave me all this food. I mean, look at it! That could feed a Shinlai village for a year!" Ruan said.

Marcus nodded in agreement, he wasn’t entirely sure if the girls would eat the entire half of their food, it was an awful lot. He on the other hand ate like a horse. “Why would he groun’ ya if ya delive’d it wron’?” Ha asked, not fully understanding how a message could be delivered wrong. Surely the continents weren’t that different. “Any ‘ow, we shoul’ prob’ly go dow’ soo’.” He said reminding them of Jo-Ann’s request.

Behind Ruan, Iapto pulled a face, but shuffled about on the bed until she could hook her bag with her foot. She rummaged through it with one hand and managed to pull out a clean-ish shirt. “Ruuu.” She said with a bit of a whine. She had only managed to hook the shirt onto one shoulder, and wasn’t able to do much else with her bad shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:38 am

“Why would he groun’ ya if ya delive’d it wron’? Any ‘ow, we shoul’ prob’ly go dow’ soo’,” Marcus said, looking a little puzzled. Ruan absentmindly stacked her food into neat piles and almost stabbed Iapto when she stole an apple. She didn't really want to go back downstairs where she would have Do's horing in her face. And she calls Iapto a hore, she thought with smirk. It wasn't as much the jabs she minded, but she didn't want her newfound friends to have to put up with it.

Behind her, there was a scuttle and some whining as Iapto tried to put on her shirt with her feet. "Ruuuuu," a more articulate whine came and Ruan turned around to help her. "Silly woman! If you can't put your foot in your neck, you can't put on your shirt like that." Carefully, she pulled Iapto's wounded arm through the hole of the shirt. "Geez, Iapto! What'd you do? Ya got stabbed or something?" she teased with a chuckle at her own lame joke.

"There. You're decent again. Here, lemme help you up." Ruan carefully wrapped her arms around Iapto's waist and pulled her up. "Are you guys ready to put up with the Do? You be warned..."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:02 am

Iapto let herself be poked and pulled around by Ruan, it was easier to let someone else do it than struggle and hurt herself. A brief through flitted across her mind, forcing her to suppress an immature giggle, although she couldn’t stop the smile that spread across her face. "There. You're decent again. Here, lemme help you up." Ruan said, hoisting her up. "Are you guys ready to put up with the Do? You be warned..." She asked.

Iapto dismissed it with a hand. “I’ll be fine.” She said, meaning both Dolores and being able to walk. She was a bit wobbly, but nothing terrible. She fiddled with her neck tie, managing to turn it into a cravat rather than hiding more scars.

“Shoul’n be too bad.” Marcus said, stacking the plates on the tray and picking it up. He pulled the door open and held it open with his foot so the girls could leave first. Although Iapto was busy making herself look presentable, and clean. Despite the fact she hadn’t left her knives behind, they remained firmly in her belt.

“An’ say. I’m dyin’ for a drin’.” He added with a broad grin.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 7:43 am

"Iapto, you expecting to be stabbed? It'll be okay..." Ruan said, half joking, half serious. “Shoul’n be too bad,” Marcus' voice came drifting over. He roughly stacked the plates on the tray and held open the door. “An’ say. I’m dyin’ for a drin’.”

Ruan wrapped her arm around Iapto's waist and carefully pulled her up. "Thanks, gentleman," she joked at Marcus. The wooden floorboards in the hall were shimmering clean and a smell or roses wafted their way. Somehow, that prickled her danger senses and she uneasily peaked over her shoulder. A quick glance down the hall didn't reveal anything immediately suspicious though. With a shrugh, she led her friends to the stairs.

The minute her foot touched the floor, Jaron pulled her aside. "Maris!" he said and enveloped her in a hug before holding her on an armlenght distance. "My little adventurer has returned home. But honey," he said, looking over his shoulder and lowering his voice. "These people need to leave! They are no good for you."

Ruan was completely baffled. "What do you mean?" Then she saw Dolores, grinning like hyena. Ruan shoved herself back from her father. "Actually, they're exactly what's good for me!"
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:41 am

Iapto’s sharp hearing picked up what Jaron said straight away, as soon as Ruan pushed away, objecting to his words. Iapto clapped a hand on her shoulder. “I’ll pull rank, now shush.” She said, voice barely above a sigh, certainly only Ruan would have heard.

“Jaron I presume?” Iapto said stepping forwards, looking taller. “Iapto Van Der Aart,” she said, holding out her hand for him to shake. “My father is the Shinlai Dagda and healer to the Dailian Elites. I need to send a message to the Elite Tower, you wouldn’t happen to have a messenger bird would you?” She said, talking with an attitude that clearly showed she knew what she was doing, Marcus hovering near by waiting for her to faint again. She gestured to Ruan. “I’m impressed with the way she handled being attacked by those thugs, I’ll be putting in some good words to the Elites of her.” She finished with a genuine smile.

Flattery, the best way to get someone on your side.

Marcus looked to Ruan and raised his eyebrows with a small smile under the brim of his hat. Iapto seemed to talk a lot. “Iiii’m gonna ge' a drin'.” He said, sliding away from them and heading to the bar, he gave Dolores a polite smile and tip of his hat when he passed her.
Back to top Go down
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:03 am

With a furious swipe of her hair, Ruan took a step back. That little witch, always in her way, always there to ruin everything good that ever happened to her. Well, not this time. Not again. She placed her hand on her hip and drew a deep breath, ready to commence in a full furious shouting spree as she felt a firm clap on her shoulder and Iapto confidently stepping in front of her. 'I'll pull rank, now shush.' Too surprised to object, Ruan let herself be shoved aside. She didn't want to look at Dolores, but did so anyway. She looked as confused as Ruan felt. Good.

The two girls weren't the only ones surprised by Iapto's sudden actions. Several heads turned briefly, trying very hard not to look suspicious before losing interest again. Even Jaron felt somewhat taken aback. This girl, however somewhat battered and scarred, carried herself in a way that made him want to listen to what she had to say. For a second, he somewhat loosened his stern gaze. Then he called himself back. What was wrong, thinking this thieve, because that's what she must be considering what Ruan usually brought home and what Dolores had told him, held any kind of importance.

"Jaron I presume," the girl spoke. He gave her a short nod. "Iapto Van Der Aart" Jaron looked at her hand and only shook it after a few seconds. "My father is the Shinlai Dagda and healer to the Dailian Elites. I need to send a message to the Elite Tower, you wouldn’t happen to have a messenger bird would you? I’m impressed with the way she handled being attacked by those thugs, I’ll be putting in some good words to the Elites of her."

Despite himself, Jaron was impressed. This one sure was a good liar. But Dolores had been very clear: these so called 'friends' of his loved daughter had been talking about raiding and robbery and he would avoid her going astray again at all costs. "Miss Van Der Aart, however much I respect the Elites, I don't think it is wise for you to stay any longer than necessary. I have received word about you and your practises and you will understand that I do not want Maris to be in the precence of influences such as yourself," he said in the most reasonable tone he could manage. "Come Maris, we have been over this." He reached out to his daughter, but Ruan stepped away. "Great to hear you've been listening to Do again, dad. That really makes me feel loved."

After her initial surprise over this Iapto girl had waned off, Dolores' worries were quickly washed away. These newcomers didn't stand a chance and that little thieving hore would soon find herself alone again. Although she had to admit that that man didn't look too shabby. Hmmm, she would have to keep an eye on him...

(Oh, look who has defied her own laziness. Forgive me please.)
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:01 pm

"Miss Van Der Aart, however much I respect the Elites, I don't think it is wise for you to stay any longer than necessary. I have received word about you and your practises and you will understand that I do not want Maris to be in the presence of influences such as yourself," He replied. "Come Maris, we have been over this." He said, reaching for Ruan, who stepped away. "Great to hear you've been listening to Do again, dad. That really makes me feel loved." She replied.

Iapto took a deep breath, rubbing at her bandaged shoulder. “None the less. Sir.” Her voice a little louder, a harsher tone creeping into her voice, fully aware that people would probably be eavesdropping. “I will be needing a messenger bird, I highly doubt my father, adoptive or not, will appreciate me being kicked out while still wounded and weak. I might have been able to fight off three grown men, but that was before getting a knife driven into my shoulder.” She said, locking eyes with him, not blinking or glancing away. And considering she was blind in one eye, it was quite a strange glare. “And please, while we’re at it. Do tell me what my ‘influence’ is. Other than saving your daughter that is.” She added, clearly challenging him.

Marcus was watching from the bar, a drink in hand, watching carefully. Iapto’s wound was clearly getting to her, the pain and adrenalin giving her a ‘devil may care’ attitude. He wouldn’t have been surprised if she was to faint soon, he sighed and took a drink, getting ready to wonder over and pick her up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Performers and Thieves
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next