Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Performers and Thieves

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

Performers and Thieves - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:57 am

Ohooo, talking back now? Well, he wasn't having it! He certainly wasn't having it! First thieves and other schorem, then that sailor and now supposedly the adoptive daughter of one of the elites? Anger clouded his thoughts as the girls words went right past him. Jaron hadn't truly heard a word Iapto had said. He drew a deep breath, ready to cut her off, when a soft hand pressed down on his shoulder.

"Jaron, my dear, I believe you are mistaking. Please calm yourself. I would feel awful if you accidentally made a fool out of yourself in front of miss Van der Aart," said Jo-Ann in a calm voice. She eyed Iapto curiously. The girl seemed flustered and weak of her wounds, but at the same time held herself like someone used to having authority. "If you don't mind me asking miss, what are you even doing downstairs? I believe I had left you and your companion with sufficient food and a soft bed? You are clearly not fully recovered yet." Jo-Ann let go of her husbands shoulder and started towards Iapto to guide her back up again.

"Mother!" Dolores had risen from her chair and now came stomping towards them. "Mother, no! I told you what I overheard! They're thugs! They're thieves! They will leave in the middle of the night with our valuables, probably leaving behind our corpses, throaths slit, while the inn burns around us! Because that's what they are planning, I heard them say it!" She swept her gaze across the inn. Good. An audience. A determined look came on her face. She had been defeated once, only once by that sailor and she wasn't going to let that happen again. "Tell me, men, women, all gathered here. Do you feel safe as long as these people are here? Do you feel you can trust them?"

(I like how you write <3)
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:15 am

She was fully ready to start arguing with Jaron, she had had shouting matches with Alk every once in a while, so she was accustomed to loud voices. But before either of them started Jo-Ann stopped him, a hand on his shoulder, she exhaled silently, glad for the interruption. “I was fed the food.” She said, shooting a glance at Ruan with a weak smile. “And was looking for a drink, but that didn’t happen.” She was about to protest and insist on getting a drink before being taken back upstairs when Dolores started up.

"Mother! Mother, no! I told you what I overheard! They're thugs! They're thieves! They will leave in the middle of the night with our valuables, probably leaving behind our corpses, throaths slit, while the inn burns around us! Because that's what they are planning, I heard them say it! Tell me, men, women, all gathered here. Do you feel safe as long as these people are here? Do you feel you can trust them?" She ranted, with plenty of flouncing and looking at the crowd.

Well, Do wasn’t the only one who could play a crowd. With a racking cough, making her violently shake, her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she promptly fainted on the spot. There was an irritated curse and Marcus stomped through the crowd to her side. “Ah blo’dy told he’ not ta run arou’.” He muttered, scooping her up and flopping her over one shoulder, not in a very dignified manner. As she flopped about, clearly harmless, she flashed a brief wink at Ruan, indicating she was perfectly fine. Despite now hanging upside down over Marcus’s back.

((I’ve been doing a lot of writing since we last Rp’d, nice to know it’s paid off :’D ))
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Mo
Friend of Silas
Mo

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:46 am

With surprise, Ruan saw how before her eyes Iapto suddenly collapsed. Around them rose shocked murmurs. They seemed to be of mixed tone. Some expressed their dismay with the situation. Others voiced their concern for the unconscious adoptive daughter of an Elite. Bloodied and beaten or not, the name Dagda van der Aart and The Elites were deeply respected around these parts and if this girl was who she claimed to be, she deserved the best treatment.

“Ah blo’dy told he’ not ta run arou’.”

Without any unnecessary cheek patting or 'Hey, hey, wake up!'-ing he picked up Iapto's body and hauled her over his shoulder. As she was no longer facing the crowd, the only one to catch her wink was Ruan. The latter felt a wave of relief wash through her. For a second she had believed that one of her two most recent friends had been seriously hurt. As Jo-Ann calmly walked towards them, Ruan got the feeling her stepmothers wasn't fooled by the act either. But Jo-Ann didn't say anything and just patted Marcus on the shoulder. "If you please, sir. I think it would be wiser to put her back in bed. I will send Ruan after you shortly, with something to drink."

How?! HOW?! Ever since that one day, that one horrible day where she had been called out... Ever since then all her plans fell apart? Her supportive crowd had turned against her, crumbled to nothing and everytime she tried to play them like she used to, it all fell apart? How did this happen?!

(It sure did hon! How is your novel coming along?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performers and Thieves   Performers and Thieves - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Performers and Thieves
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4