Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Town of the Forest

Go down 
+5
Forrgotenrose
distortedgirl66
EaterOfNoobs
Toadfoal
AirNado
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

Town of the Forest - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:12 pm

"Alkyone you say?" Rayner took his eyes off of the human for a moment, allowing himself a smile of satisfaction. So his assumption had been confirmed, it was always nice to get something right. "I've heard of you, or rather, been warned." He snorted in amusement. "Hm." He turned his head back towards Dagda and the girl. Alkyone's mate certainly didn't seem to be weary of the girl, he wondered why, especially since Alkyone didn't seem any more happy to see her than he was.

Curious, he began to move forward towards them. His fur relaxed along his back, but he wasn't going to let his guard down. Even small humans, especially ones without adults to protect them, could be dangerous. They looked so harmless, so needing of friendship... And then they slit your throat.
His mouth parted slightly so that his teeth were showing, and he stalked forward with purpose. Most of what the girl said he missed, but the fact that she sounded genuinely lonely, and not very dangerous did make him wonder. Of course, he was aware that not all humans were bad, just not like all Shinlai were bad, on either side. Just as these thoughts were crossing his mind, she got up and started to leave. "Hey!" He let out a bark, "Wait, where is the human going?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.toadfoal.deviantart.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:14 pm

"Alkyone you say? I've heard of you, or rather, been warned." Rayner said, with a smile.

Those few words made Alkyone’s attention switch instantly. As Rayner started stalking towards the girl Alkyone lurched to her feet and stood on Ryaner’s long silky tail. “Hold your horses buddy.” She said bluntly. She jerked her head at Dagda, who gave a nod and shifted between Rayner and the girl, his large frame doing a good impersonation of a wall. She lowered her head down to Rayner’s height.

“What do you mean, ‘warned’?” She asked with interest. If he had heard of her, then that meant people were talking about her, and that meant gossip. And of course she had to know what this gossip was. She tilted her head to one side, all six bright green eyes staring straight at Rayner’s blue ones.

------

Behind Rayner Dagda glanced over at Kayla. “She wont hurt you.” He encouraged. “And neither will I. You remind me of a human I know, she got lost from her family when she was six and I adopted her.” He said with a smile. He didn’t add that Iapto was now a thief and was riddled with scars.

“Is your camp far? I could keep watch for none friendly Shinlai if you wish.” He said with a small smile. There might not be any threatening Shinlai in the area that he was aware of, but if she wanted company or help with anything he was more than happy to help out.
Back to top Go down
http://forrgotenrose.deviantart.com/
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:44 pm

"Hold your horses, buddy."
Rayner halted midstep as he felt a paw hold down his tail. *Ack, no! What if she gets away?* The blue Shinlai was still curious about the human, but apparently that would have to wait. He turned around slowly, trying not to show that he was alarmed at being stopped. Her words reminded him of when he was a pup, somewhat degrading. He wasn't certain if or not she meant for it to sound that way, sometimes they did. Acted as if he was inferior, but maybe that was normal. He ran his tongue over his top row of teeth, noticing that Dagda had now moved to block his way in the opposite direction. He was blocked, that could be bad.

"What do you mean, 'warned'?"
Rayner blinked, and yanked his tail free, taking half a step backwords. "Oh, that." He glanced sideways, seemed to decide that he was safe for the moment, and sat down. He lowered his voice, not wanting those nearby to hear him, just in case, "Well, unless my sources are incorrect, you had a chance to become a Darkblood, and refused. My sources say that your type are dangerous for that reason alone... Although," He narrowed his eyes, "you don't seem quite the way I'd expected. Perhaps I speak to soon, but I don't think you would kill without good reason."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Alkyone cocked her head to one side, but let Rayner pull his tail free. "Oh, that. Well, unless my sources are incorrect, you had a chance to become a Darkblood, and refused. My sources say that your type are dangerous for that reason alone... Although, you don't seem quite the way I'd expected. Perhaps I speak to soon, but I don't think you would kill without good reason." Rayner explained, glancing around and lowering his voice.

Alkyone raised her eyebrows and stifled a laugh. “Rayner, I’ve had plenty of chances to join the Darkbloods, not just one. I’ve even considered it a few times.” She said sitting down opposite him. “Heck, when the Darkbloods first started up, I’m not sure if you were alive then, unless you’re older than you look, I made it into Darkblood territory and very nearly joined. But I didn’t.” She said honestly. “Their methods are a little violent for my liking.” She added, glancing up at the trees around her.

The last few sentences of what he had said caught up with her, she had been preoccupied with entertaining herself about the idea of being a Darkblood. “You’re right.” She said, her tone dropping and stiffening where she sat. “I don’t kill without reason. I only kill if I have to. But these days I have friends on both sides, and that creates moral problems for me.” She mused, almost to herself. Her eyes flicked to watch him closely. “These days I fight for those who are outnumbered. Whether they be Daila or Darius supporters.” She gritted her teeth. “Even if the Darius supporter is unwilling to accept the help.” She grumbled.

“Why would someone who said no to joining Darius be dangerous?” She asked. “Are the neutrals not entitled to our own opinion?”
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:52 pm

“Is your camp far? I could keep watch for none friendly Shinlai if you wish.” Dagda said with a small smile. She stopped walking towards her camp and turned around to face him. "oh, its not much of a camp, but its just a couple minutes down the river," she replied. "I washed my clothes and ..."

"Hey!" Rayner let out a bark interrupting her, "Wait, where is the human going?" Kayla startled at the loud bark but she responded to him in a calm tone, "my camp is just a few minutes down the river, I had left my clothes and blanket hanging to try," she motioned in the direction of her camp, "I just wanted to check to see if they were still there and dry."

Rayner's attention had left her and moved towards Alkyone's direction and the two seemed to get into a heated conversation. She couldn't hear what they were talking about. Kayla really didn't want to see a fight started. She looked around and spotted some flowers beside the river's edge. She picked a handful of the blue and purple flowers, then bunched them in her hands. She slowly walked forwards towards Alkyone, with her arms in front of her, both hands holding onto the little bunch of flowers. She stopped a short distance away, raised her hands a little offering her the flowers, "please don't fight," she softly begged, bowing a little to the creature that was much larger than herself.
Back to top Go down
http://sandroving.deviantart.com/
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 5:27 pm

“Rayner, I’ve had plenty of chances to join the Darkbloods, not just one. I’ve even considered it a few times. Heck, when the Darkbloods first started up, I’m not sure if you were alive then, unless you’re older than you look, I made it into Darkblood territory and very nearly joined. But I didn’t.”
Rayner blinked, his mouth hanging open slightly in surprise. She sounded so casual, like it was no big deal... Maybe it wasn't, or at least not quite the way he'd origionally believed. "No." He admitted, "I'm not sure if I look younger than I am, but if so it's not by much. My father would have been around though." But most of what he's taught me is probably a lie.
He could understand that she didn't agree with the violence. Sometimes he didn't like it either; he used to hate it, but if it's for the good of a cause... Didn't that make it okay? He let out a small sigh, remembering that he wasn't supposed to question things like that anymore.

"Hmph." He tipped his head to the side, "I don't see why neutrals shouldn't be allowed their own opinion, but the term is too loose. How many neutrals are spies? How many sell information to both sides for tidbits and their own amusement? Sometimes I wonder if anyone can really be trusted... But then, there are so many Shinlai that seem to be truely decent. It's too hard to know, but at least those with a solid belief are more predictable."

He turned his head to see that the girl had returned, and tensed, ready to leap back if she pulled out a knife. But instead she seemed to have flowers, and was offering them to Alkyone. He let out a soft laugh, "She's like a little admirer. Alkyone, do you have fans wherever you go?"
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Twigs snapped and broke not far from the little girls camp. Next came a small burst of flame and a growl followed by an agitated voice.

"Oh for the love of all things stupid plants!"

A few more grumbles and a crash as a large white and black shinlai tumbled out of the tree line and hit the ground with a clumsy thump. His mask dangled from the branch of a low laying tree and he lay there with his eyes shut for a moment cursing under his breath and grumbling.

"Just you watch stupid trees! You and I are going to have a long vigorous talk!"
Hallow got to his feet and walked over tugging his mask free from the branch with a scowl. He paused and looked around for a moment realizing how crazy he seemed yelling at plants, but he couldn't help his aggravation. He didn't really like forests and much preferred to travel through the plains; his side always ensuring he got snagged by branches and low laying vines when he found himself meandering through the forests.
Back to top Go down
http://distortedgirl66.deviantart.com
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:37 pm

"Oh, it’s not much of a camp, but it’s just a couple minutes down the river, I washed my clothes and wanted to check to see if they were still there and dry." Kayla explained to them. Dagda watched her as she looked at Alkyone and Rayner, before picking some flowers from by the river and approaching Alkyone slowly. A twig snapped somewhere behind him, in the direction Kayla had indicated for her camp. Without glancing at Alkyone Dagda bounded away towards the noise. His paws not making a sound on the thick mossy grass beneath his feet.

"Just you watch stupid trees! You and I are going to have a long vigorous talk!" Came a grumbled voice. Dagda slowed and stood by the river. His eyes flicking around the clearing, dead campfire, dry clothes and blanket, black and white Shinlai talking to himself.

Dagda sighed quietly and raised his eyebrows. Without a visible command, the trees around the other Shinlai shifted, their branches bending away from him with faint creaks. The shrubs around his feet trembling and shaking before coiling back from him. “May I help you?” He enquired politely. He walked forwards and hooked the blanket from the branch, draping it across his back, before collecting the clothes in the same way. “You were making quite a commotion.” He added looking over at the other male.

------------------------

"Hmph. I don't see why neutrals shouldn't be allowed their own opinion, but the term is too loose. How many neutrals are spies? How many sell information to both sides for titbits and their own amusement? Sometimes I wonder if anyone can really be trusted... But then, there are so many Shinlai that seem to be truly decent. It's too hard to know, but at least those with a solid belief are more predictable." Rayner said.

Alkyone tilted her head slightly. “In that case you would count me as a spy.” She said with a smirk. “I know a lot about what goes on, and what I don’t know, I find out. However. I have never sold my knowledge to one side or another.” She said, with a slight frown. She disliked Shinlai that would use their skills like that.

"Please don't fight." Said a small voice from close by. Alkyone looked around and down to see the human girl close to her, holding out a bunch of purple and blue flowers. An offering?

"She's like a little admirer. Alkyone, do you have fans wherever you go?" Rayner laughed.

Alkyone smiled and shook her head, she was taken aback by the girls gesture, and not wholly sure as what to do. ‘She is just like a pup. Just be kind and friendly.’ She thought to herself. She shifted slightly and lay down, so she wasn’t towering over the girl. “I’m not going to fight. Don’t worry.” She said softly. She shifted her head forwards slowly and carefully. Until her nose wasn’t far away from Kayla’s outstretched hands. “If you want, you can tuck the flowers against my mask and horns.” She said with a smile. She sifted again, so her nose was lightly touching the girl’s hand.
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:41 pm

Kayla looked back up at Alkyone. “I’m not going to fight. Don’t worry,” she said softly. Kayla responded to her with a smile, she was happy that there wasn't going to be any bad fights.

“If you want, you can tuck the flowers against my mask and horns,” Alkyone smiled. She let out a small inward giggle and smiled, "ok." She turned the hand that Alkyone was touching around so that her palm very gently lay on her nose. She set the bunch of flowers on the ground, picking up one at a time, she braided the flower's stems around the female's horns while humming to herself the entire time. She creating a lovely arrangement of flowers around all of her horns.

"There all done," the little girl said smiling, very pleased with herself. "Now you looks all pretty," she contently said, her smile getting bigger.

Dagda had gotten up and left quickly and silently into the forest, towards where her camp was. "Huh, I wonder why he left?" she questioned to no one in particular. Just after she saw a puff of flame and smoke amongst the trees. "Oh no!" the girl exclaimed, "I thought I put my fire out!" She started to rush over towards her camp in hopes of putting the fire out.

She thought she had heard something grumble angrily amongst the trees. She skidded to a stop just after entering the tree line and just before her camp. 'Whats that!?' she thought, crouching behind a bush not wanting to get ambushed by an angry bear or other animal. She stayed motionless for a little while, maybe if she stayed still it wouldn't notice her. The grumbling stopped, she looked up at the tree tops and noticed that there was no smoke nor flame, "huh, well thats weird." she said out loud to herself.

She casually walked towards her camp, now that there seemed to be no fire threat. 'I wonder what that was,' she thought. She walked into her camp and to her surprise saw another shinlai, a black and white one, standing with Dagda. "oh, hello again," she greeted Dagda, "thank you for getting my stuff," she smiled, "but I can carry it if you would like me too," she offered. Kayla eyed the newcomer, unsure if he was friendly or not. "Hello there, my name is Kayla," she greeted him politely.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:59 am

Hallow had sat back on his haunches and shook leaves off his fur with a grin as the branches and vines began to coil away. "Yea that's right you better rruuu....?" He stopped and looked at the shinlai that stood in the clearing around a small hastily made camp.

“May I help you? You were making quite a commotion.”

Hallow stopped holding his mask in his paws. There was a bald spot over his right eye and it appeared a large portion of his right horn was missing. "Actually I am better now. If you were responsible for making those dratted plants relenquish me, then you sir, have done far more to assist me than you know." Hallow grinned and no matter how hard he had always tried to have a suave grin, he looked like a big goofy furball.

"I am sorry if I disturbed you or.." he spotted the small girl "Your little one. Hello Kayla, what a lovely name!" His emerald eyes got a little wider as he tried to not be scary. Deep down, he knew some humans feared his kind which was to be expected when coming up against a large toothy beast that could speak, but he loved humans and as strange as most thought it, he had more human friends than shinlai friends.
His mouth closed and he smiled not wanting to scare the child with a mouth full of teeth, "I'm Ahaloh and as I was telling your big friend here, I am sorry if I startled you. I've been looking for my brother and unfortunatly...got a bit stuck in the trees. "
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2011 7:40 am

"Yea that's right you better rruuu....?" The Shinlai said, tailing off as he caught sight of Dagda. "I am sorry if I disturbed you or... Your little one. Hello Kayla, what a lovely name!" He said with wide eyes and closing his mouth but still smiling. "I'm Ahaloh and as I was telling your big friend here, I am sorry if I startled you. I've been looking for my brother and unfortunately...got a bit stuck in the trees."

Dagda’s eyebrows shot up at his words. “Oh she’s not mine, Kayla was camping here when she found us.” He explained swiftly. “There’s a clearing a little way over there.” Dagda said, gesturing with his paw. “You’re welcome to join us, Ahaloh. My mate is chatting and making friends with another Shinlai.” He said.

He lowered his head down to Kayla’s height and smiled at her. “Care to take a ride on my back?” He offered. He didn’t offer rides very often, but when Iapto was much younger he would often carry her around, so she didn’t fall behind or get tiered. Kayla wasn’t much older than Iapto was when he first found her.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: `   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Rayner watched them leave, after some commotion further out in the forest. He wasn't sure if he should get involved, or rather, how much excitement he could handle in one day. He noted that the others all seemed to have dissapeared a while ago. Aborox, Denali, Ryshka...
He considered sneaking away at this point, but curiosity kept him rooted to the spot. He might just go a little closer for a quick look, just a little closer. He sighed, and turned to look at Alkyone. Suddenly his expression changed to one of amusement, "You're turning into a garden." He commented, "How come you let her come so close? When you first saw that girl you didn't look so eager to make friends."

(ack, short post!)
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Hallow nodded and smiled "That would be nice, perhaps some of the others have seen the one I am looking for."
Slowly he walked up to Dagda's side and waited patiently for the little girl and the shinlai to lead the way. While he waited he shook leaves and twigs out of his thick fur. ((urgh so short sorry :S))
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:27 pm

"Nice to meet you sir Ahaloh," Kayla greeted him with a small courteous bow. "umm, you have a couple leaves and sticks still stuck in your mane, just behind your mask," she politely told him. She didn't move from where she stood but reached her hand out to offer him some help to remove the sticks and leaves, "May I?" she asked him. "I like you," she said with a huge smile, "and I like you too," she said looking over at Dagda. "You guys are awesome," she giggled.

“Care to take a ride on my back?” Dagda offered. "umm, sure I guess," the girl responded, then her face brightened once again, "that could be fun!" Then twirling her toes in the dirt, "if you don't mind though, I don't want to seem like I'm needing or weak."

(sorry I hadn't posted earlier :( 4am work shifts for the last couple days are tough)
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:02 am

"You're turning into a garden. How come you let her come so close? When you first saw that girl you didn't look so eager to make friends." Rayner said with a smirk.

Alkyone looked up then to both sides, trying to see the flowers braided into her horns. “It’s probably not the worst I’ve looked.” She said with a chuckle. She then shrugged at his question. “It’s the male humans I have the problem with. Although a couple of bad run ins over 50 years ago shouldn’t affect how I treat a human pup.” She said she flopped down onto the ground and stretched contentedly. “If Dagda trusts her, I then I will trust her.” She stated calmly.

“What about you? You fluffed up like anything when you saw her.” She commented with a smirk.

----------------------

"That would be nice, perhaps some of the others have seen the one I am looking for." Ahaloh said smiling and moving alongside him.

"Umm, sure I guess, that could be fun!" Kayla said, her face lighting up at the idea. "If you don't mind though, I don't want to seem like I'm needing or weak." She added.

“If I had minded I wouldn’t have offered.” He said giving her a fond smile. He knelt down on the ground so it would be easier for her to get on his back. “My name is Dagda by the way.” He added nodding to Ahaloh. He waited calmly and quietly for Kayla to climb on his back, before slowly pushing himself back to his feet.

“I’ll keep the branches back, that way you won’t get caught.” He said to Ahaloh before setting off back towards the clearing where Alkyone and Rayner were.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:02 pm

“If Dagda trusts her, I then I will trust her.”
"Fair enough." Rayner responded. Although he had only known them for less than a day, he could gather that Alkyone and Dagda got along very well. In fact, he admired their relationship. To be able to trust someone's judgement over one's own worries and fears was something incredible.
“What about you? You fluffed up like anything when you saw her.”
Rayner seemed to think for a minute, swishing his tail slowly to one side. "I don't like humans much, especially the ones that are hungry or alone. They act a lot like us, but they're different... Their ambitions are different, and their weapons. It seems like when a Shinlai gets to be starving or thirsty for revenge they'll go on a rampage. But not humans, they sometimes act small and try to slit your throat when you let your guard down. At least, that's what happened to me."

Rayner turned his head towards the side, hearing something, "It sounds like they're coming back. I wonder who they found." He commented thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Hallow nodded graciously and kept close to the white and red lai. He was bigger than Dagda but the branches and plants seemed to bend with ease as Dagda strolled by with the small human on his back. "You know it must be so useful being able to control these dratted leaf bearers." He smiled His steps we a bit heavy but he didn't get caught anymore and that made him alot more cheerful.

"So Kayla, what has a small one such as yourself out here without anyone else? Do you live nearby?" He leaned his head close as the walked and let the little girl pull leaves and twigs out of his fur where he couldn't exactly reach.

((agh another short post... sowwy :())
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:26 pm

“If I had minded I wouldn’t have offered.” He said giving her a fond smile. "I suppose your right", responded the girl. Dagda kneeled down and Kayla climbed up. Dagda had stood up after she had gotten on. "woah your very tall," she whisered. "and soft!" she exclaimed rubbing her hands on his fur.

"So Kayla, what has a small one such as yourself out here without anyone else? Do you live nearby?" He leaned over towards the girl, She began to pick the leaves and sticks out of his mane. "Well I ran away from home about two years ago now," she started to tell her tale. "I don't really like to talk much about it as it hurts. I guess it must seem really odd for a young kid to be on her own out here so I will explain myself." She looked into Dagdas fur on his neck with a somber expression, "just before I was born my mother had gotten a disease, she died shortly after I was born. My father was never home so he did not know that mum was sick." "He blamed me for her death, and would often punish me and lock me in closets." "for some reason my two older sisters would bully me constantly." She looked back up at Ahaloh, "I had enough of that and left home." She smiled, "I have been much happier since then. Ive traveled far and seen many things and visited many villages." "I havent made very many friends though, except you guys!" she added with a smile.

"So how bout you? Where are you from?" she asked him excitedly. "You were looking for your brother I think I heard?
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:38 am

"I don't like humans much, especially the ones that are hungry or alone. They act a lot like us, but they're different... Their ambitions are different, and their weapons. It seems like when a Shinlai gets to be starving or thirsty for revenge they'll go on a rampage. But not humans, they sometimes act small and try to slit your throat when you let your guard down. At least, that's what happened to me." Rayner said slowly.

Automatically Alkyone’s eyes flicked briefly down to his throat before looking back to his face. “I find there are four types of humans. Those who help and work alongside us, those who treat us like animals, those who ignore us, and then the ones that would kill us for petty reasons.” She said with a grumble.

"It sounds like they're coming back. I wonder who they found." He said listening.

Alkyone looked in the direction he was listening, her own keen ears picking up the sounds quickly. Three voices, Dagda’s, the little girls and a male. “A male Shinlai I think...” She said.

--------------------------

"You know it must be so useful being able to control these dratted leaf bearers." Ahaloh said with a smile.

“You have no idea.” Dagda muttered. He had lost count of the times that surrounding plant life had saved his or Alkyone’s necks. He purred quietly as Kayla stroked his fur, but his mind wondered off as she and Ahaloh talked.

Eventually he caught a glimpse of Alkyone’s bright purple fur. “Here we are.” He said almost to himself. Walking into the clearing, Dagda grinned at the sight of his mate. She had the blue and purple flowers woven around her horns. And she was sat contentedly, talking to Rayner still. “Nice flowers Alkyone.” He said nuzzling her neck.
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Dagda had moved the plant life out of their way. "Wow that is you? You can move the plants?" she asked rather shocked. "That must be very useful sometimes," she added with a thoughtful smile.

The girl looked at both of them before asking her next question, "Can all of you guys do this?"

The three of them had arrived back at the clearing where they had left the other shinlai. "Well hello again," she greeted the others. "Did you miss me?" she asked jokingly and giving a wink, "just kidding."
Back to top Go down
distortedgirl66
Friend of Silas
distortedgirl66

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:39 am

"So how bout you? Where are you from?" she asked him excitedly. "You were looking for your brother I think I heard?

"Where am I from...well that is interesting because I am from everywhere! I roam like you do so my home is wherever my paws manage to take me for now. As for my brother yes, I am looking for him. He's rather large with pale white and grey fur and very nifty bangs! His name is Kordasai." He kept easy pace with them and smiled as they arrived amongst other lai. He nodded respectfully and smiled as Dagda gently nuzzled his mate.

"Can all of you guys do this?"

"Well no... if that were the case, I think I wouldn't have been shouting nonsense" He grinned and held a paw out sparking a small flame that danced in his paw. "I can however do this which can be just as useful in different situations"
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:59 pm

“A male Shinlai I think...”
Rayner turned his head and eventually saw the three appear from the forest, coming towards them. It seemed that Alkyone was right. But despite the loud noises he'd been causing, this male seemed rather friendly. Though, at the same time Rayner wasn't so sure he'd want to mess with him either.

He couldn't help but listen to the black and white male's conversation with the young human female. Apparently she didn't know about the elements. He smiled slightly, humans were so strange. It appeared that he was also a fire shinlai. "Hm, hefore long we'll have one of each element, just need dark and light." He mused aloud, then greeted the three with a nod of the head, "Hello, and hello again."
Back to top Go down
Forrgotenrose
Admin
Forrgotenrose

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:38 am

Alkyone purred quietly as Dagda nuzzled her neck. She gave him a small nuzzle back, before keeling over onto one side. Once laying down, she gave a wide yawn. She looked up at Kayla.

"Each Shinlai gets a different Element. There's six Elements, Fie, Air, Water, Earth, Light and Dark. We can manipulate the elements to our liking. I can control water." She said. As she spoke she drew some water from the river and created a small ball of water in her paw for Kayla to see.

"And I control earth as you've already found out." Dagda added, slowly lowering himself to the floor, tying not to send Kayla flying.
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:23 pm

"Where am I from...well that is interesting because I am from everywhere! I roam like you do so my home is wherever my paws manage to take me for now. As for my brother yes, I am looking for him. He's rather large with pale white and grey fur and very nifty bangs! His name is Kordasai." "You guys are the first I have seen of your kind, I am sorry I can't be much help in finding your brother."

Ahalo grinned and held a paw out sparking a small flame that danced in his paw. "I can however do this which can be just as useful in different situations" Kayla watched the dancing flame in amazement. "So you can make and move fire then," Kayla answered as he showed her the small flame dancing in his paw. She thought for a second, "then the flame and smoke that I saw by my camp must have been you."

"Each Shinlai gets a different Element. There's six Elements, Fie, Air, Water, Earth, Light and Dark. We can manipulate the elements to our liking. I can control water." Alkyone said. As she spoke she drew some water from the river and created a small ball of water in her paw for Kayla to see. Kayla stared dumbfounded as the female manipulated a small stream of water from the river, float towards her and then settle in a liquid ball on her palm. "Wow!" Kayla exclaimed, "that is simply amazing!"

"I wonder why my father never mentioned that you could have powers. He always told us to stay away because you guys were big and scary and evil." She pondered this for a moment. "I really don't see why though. Yes your much bigger than me but your not scary, and you guys have all been very friendly," she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Toadfoal
Friend of Adlai
Toadfoal

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Rayner continued to watch, but was still uneasy. He glanced around, there was really no reason to stay any longer. Standing up, he backed away, "Well, I guess I'll be off. Got places to go, nice meeting you all." He sounded rather unenthusiastic, but that was partially because he still didn't trust humans. Without waiting for a responce, he engulfed himself in a gust of wind and dissapeared, though the occasional crunch of a twig could be heard as he walked away through the forest.

(Lazy whoot!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Town of the Forest   Town of the Forest - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Town of the Forest
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3