Shinlai Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Forum for the Deviantart Group; The Shinlai Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inBack to dA
It's nearly spring! New growth, fresh flowers and light! Speaking of light, enjoy the new Dalia theme!
SILAS RULES DAILAH DROOLS!!
A big thank you to Toadfoal and Alana for the images of Silas, and to Mingo for making the new layout.

Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)

Go down 
+8
BlindedxBlack
Toadfoal
SiraIceshine
Silas
Samateus-1987
TheAlbinoBunny
Kordasai
NthKaro
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
SiraIceshine
Friend of NooNoo
SiraIceshine

Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Cora decided to check out the town healer. "C'mon Tobi, let's go check it out!" She said, grabbing her belongings and walking to the shop. She looked at the sign that said (insert shop name here for the healer/doctor.infirmary). "This looks like the place!" Cora knocked on the door, and waited outside patiently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wolvesnroses.deviantart.com
Samateus-1987
Friend of NooNoo
Samateus-1987

Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 7:57 pm

"Hey Methuselah, what's going on?"

"I was thinking Lyle, you seemed very... Distant earlier, as though lost in thought. I was curious, if you might be interested in a partnership." He settled by the door, so he wouldn't be looming over Lyle. "I may not be an Earth Shinlai, however my abilities are such that I can unearth metals with more ease than a human. And, though I loathe to think of wearing such a thing as a harness, I am more than capable of pulling a wheeled cart." He watched Lyle closely, gauging his reaction.
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Lyle looked at Methuselah, it seemed somewhat out the blue that he would ask for a partnership.

"I suppose an arrangement could work, I don't know where you could have a room at." The blacksmith looked around the porch. "Hauling ore is tough for me...So I guess your welcome to help!"
Back to top Go down
http://kyuubi-of-the-night.deviantart.com/
Samateus-1987
Friend of NooNoo
Samateus-1987

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Methuselah chuckled, glad that his offer was appreciated. "I do not mind sleeping outdoors. I am far too large to fit in most human establishments anyway."
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 4:42 pm

"Then you welcome to stay, I could use the help"

Lyle then went out of the shop door with a bag.
Back to top Go down
Samateus-1987
Friend of NooNoo
Samateus-1987

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Methuselah followed Lyle, sniffing once curiously at the bag.
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:57 pm

"I need to go to the market, I've got next to nothing in the shop to eat." Lyle began to walk towards the market.
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: New start   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:52 pm

(I think I'll start fresh for this post, so if anyone wants to join its fine!)

Lyle Riverrider stood at the banks of the Tail Ride, a river that ran near Mountain Point. The river was known for being a deep blue in the days of spring and summer. The air around the river had a fresh feeling to it, birds squawked at the shores and fish leap from the waters.

Lyle was there to get water for an upcoming project for a friend of his, a wealthy merchant who wanted a ornamental armor set for his residence. The merchant, Lion Wolfmixer, had done a lot for him in the past. So it was natural for Lyle to help Lion.

The man looked across the shores of the Tail Ride, a swift breeze sweeped the area. It seemed something might happen.
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:16 pm

The Tailride was the place to be, families brung their kids out to splash in the shallows. The morning sun seemed to rest in the sky looking lazily at the people at the shores of the Tailride.

Lyle walked the edges, staring into the waters. His reflection giving Lyle a happy look. The man knew he should be working but he felt it was too nice outside to be smelting.
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:37 am

Lyle stared into the river with little thought on the events of his life. There were quite a few oddballs that liked to roll into Mountain Point on any given day of the week. Just last week a mirco-circus came in that claimed to have a real-life unicorn in its wake. Most were convinced it was some light Shinlai's mirage, others thought it was real.

Lyle didn't care ether way.

Life was about living in the moment, and not getting caught up in the crazy gossip of the town. Lyle then looked back onto the Tailride, a riverboat floated down the other shoreline.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:34 am

La Volpe was traveling, as he typically was. Wandering the land in search of information and where to sell it. His travels had brought him here, a small place called "The Tailride" or so he heard. It wasn't typically of any large concern where Volpe wandered.

La Volpe had heard the gurgle of the river and had headed towards it. Normally, he would avoid the water like the plague, but it wasn't like he could live without it. He came up just three feet beside Lyle, unaware of his presence. He snorted gently as he slowly lowered his face to the water and drank. His blank, clouded eyes stared at Lyle, unseeing.
Back to top Go down
http://sirius-brightstar.deviantart.com/
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:43 pm

Lyle looked to the side and jumped a little on the inside. A Shinlai had suddenly came out of nowhere and began to drink from the water. The man really didn;t think much of it. Shinlai sometimes came through this part of Elaisha for the hot springs in town. Lyle went back to staring into the trees across the river.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:49 pm

A soft intake of breath alerted La Volpe to another's prescense. He drew his head up sharply and his lips curled back to reveal glinting fangs. A quiet rumble and then a loud, ripping snarl started deep in his chest and worked it's way through his throat. "Speak now stranger. What is your name?" The fur along Volpe's spine stood on end and his eyes narrowed angrily. Clearly the Lai was angered- although a closer look would reveal how startled he was to know someone was right beside him, a telltale sign being his fur was raised like a scared cat.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:05 pm

(Since I haven't RPed yet, this is what my charry looks like http://silveera.deviantart.com/#/d3hb1uw)

The great golden eye of the sun shone warmly as Rowan trudged along the edge of the river. She was glad for the warmth, as her tattered clothes offered little protection from cold weather. Kiva's tail brushed against her ear, and she rose a hand absent mindedly to scatch his head.
She'd heard from a Carter she'd passed on the road that there was a village not far from the river, and She hoped she'd be able to trade some of the things she'd made from the feathers of a bird Kiva had caught the day before, as well as some of the trinkets and things she'd 'found'.

Her thoughts were interupted but a savage snarl, startled, she looked up to see a shinlai standing a few feet from an equaly startled looking man. Kiva bristled and hissed, digging his claws painfully into her shoulder, his blue eyes wide with fear.

Back to top Go down
http://sylveira.deviantart.com
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Lyle snapped back at the Shinlai's response. "I'm Lyle Riverrider, and I am in no way here to do anything to anyone!" He stepped back and tripped, landing on his backside. Between Methuselah, Nootau, and that purple gold-stealer, Lyle seemed to have no end in Shinlai encounters. He just hoped that this one didn't eat him.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:53 pm

"Ouch!" Rowan exclaimed as Kiva's claws pierced the skin of her shoulder and back. She deftly detached the irate ball of fluff from her shoulder and dropped him to the ground, where he continued to yowl and hiss at the shinlai.

Looking closely at the shinlai, she observed it's milky eyes and directionless gaze and realised it was blind. Her gaze flicked to the man as he stepped hastily back from the lai and abruplty fell backwards onto his butt. She slowly edged towards the man, keeping quiet so as not to further startle the lai, and offered him her hand. "Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:56 pm

"I'm Lyle Riverrider, and I am in no way here to do anything to anyone!"

La Volpe blinked and simply stared at the... well more in the general direction of the human. A slow grin grew on his face. He heard the human stand, trip, and fall flat on his backside. He laughed, the sound like a broken growl. "Forgive me, Lyle Riverrider. I had not realize a human was so close to me."

La Volpe cocked his head, to better direct sound to his ear as he often did. It was one of those rare days when he chose to wear his mask... but it often disrupted how keen his hearing was. I should really have it altered one of these days. Another sound caught his attention and he swung his head towards it. A female this time, a human girl. "Are you alright?" She whispered. Well, chances were she wasn't addressing Volpe.

"Lyle Riverrider..." Volpe rolled the name on his tounge. He hadn't heard the name before. He blinked again and looked in the girl's direction. "Lyle Riverrider and...? What is your name girl?"

(Welcome to the forum Silveera ^_^ )
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:59 am

Lyle took the girl's hand and got back onto his feet. He could see a cat sitting on her shoulder. He thought that all of this was too much to fast...but there was little he could do at this point.
Back to top Go down
Silveera
Friend of Vera
Silveera

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Rowan smilled as the man as he took her hand and got to his feet.

"Lyle Riverrider and...? What is your name girl?" She let go of Lyle's hand and turned to the shinlai. "Oh, my names Rowan... and my fuzzy companion here is Kiva" The cat huffed and glared at the shinlai.
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:07 am

Kayla and her cub, Berra were traveling the forests. They had decided to take a break and rested by the riverside. "We don't need to be anywhere in a hurry, the girl said to her cub, "this river is beautiful, lets stay here for the afternoon." Berra purred in agreement.

Kayla sat down beside the river's edge. She had her bare feet dangling in the cool refreshing water. Berra came over and lay beside her, splashing the water with her paw. The young bear stared at the water, watching the fish play around her paw. Kayla looked over into the water and watched the fish too, she leaned over to Berra and whispered, "hmm if we catch some," she paused egging the bear on, "We can have them for dinner." The bear looked at her and let a tiny roar of content. Berra then dove into the water with a loud splash, which scared most of the fish away but the bear still had fun and went chasing after the largest of the fish. Kayla laughed at the bear, it was a pretty funny sight.
Back to top Go down
http://sandroving.deviantart.com/
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:10 pm

Lyle was surprised by the sight before him. A shinlai and a cat-wielding girl named Rowan had suddenly appeared. Stranger things have happened, but not on the same day!

Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:45 pm

La Volpe chuckled, the grin growing only wider and... strangely more malevolent. "Rowan. Lovely name." Strangely sweet words from a rather aggresive Lai. He cocked his head, "But your fuzzy companion...? A dog? I can't see what it is." La Volpe huffed his own annoyance, much like the cat.

"My name is L-" Volpe paused, these were only humans but the last human he ran into caused him quite a bit of brief. "Call me Fox."
Back to top Go down
NthKaro
Friend of Silas
NthKaro

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Call me Fox The Shinlai stated as his name. Lyle found it odd in the world of fluffball names. He'd read about shinlai that were named anything from Fornidoraio and Deeeerent to BaKUKU and Nerxre. The man took the nature of the situation in stride.

"Nice to have you around, Fox, what brings you to the Mountain Point area?" Lyle said.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Friend of Adlai
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:43 pm

"Nice to have you around, Fox, what brings you to the Mountain Point area?" Lyle said.

"Passing through. Luckily I found a meal at some traveling show. You didn't catch it did you? That unicorn wasn't real in the slightest." La Volpe chuckled and waved a paw. Within seconds a pure white unicorn materialized next to him. It threw it's head in the air- light shining off it's brilliant horn. Anyone looking at it was probably too astonished to notice that it made no sound, no breath came from it's mouth, when it moved it's hooves didn't clop against the ground.

"They payed me for it- although they probably made much more in profit." Volpe slashed his paw though the unicorn and it misted into the air- gone in seconds.
Back to top Go down
sandroving
Pack Member
sandroving

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Kayla saw a bright flash nearby. "Wha?" she questioned turning her head in the light's direction, "What was that?" Berra didn't notice and played in the water a bit longer.

She picked her stuff up and walked in the direction of the light. She found a large shinlai standing on her side of the river. Across the river was a man and another smaller shinlai.

"Hello there," she greeted and waved at them all. "How are you guys today?" "I don't mean to interrupt, I just saw a bright flash of light and came to inspect what it was." Berra came up behind her with three big fish dangling in her mouth. She showed Kayla the fish as if saying 'look what I caught'.
Back to top Go down
http://sandroving.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)   Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mountain Point Chronicles (New start on pg16, join if you want!)
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next